Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 401709
Surely at this points she's trolling us?! Instead, look after your baking trays and properly clean them immediately after use? Then they don't get ruined? Am I going mad here? Otherwise it's just more clutter in your kitchen!

Also why has she added her Insta handle to these pics on her... Instagram? Does she really think people will screenshot and share these tips (aside on Tattle obvs!)
What? Just wash up. It's not hard. Whack on some music - she has enough fancy radios, I'm sure there's a kitchen one - get going. bleeping weirdo.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Just sitting here casually knocking back shots from my bottle of (fancy) olive oil because "fats are good for you"! Thanks Jack!! 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Why do I want to keep my washing up water hotter? I fill the bowl, wash up, then it goes down the plughole. It isn't a longterm investment.
Baffling. As usual.
Oh, I know! Is it so you can keep making coffee with it?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
I was eight weeks early and I can't say that's something that's ever come up in my life as a potential issue.

Edit: now staring at my hands (yes frauen, I too have hands 🔺 ) very suspiciously.
I was 10.5 weeks perm; this isn’t an issue for me. Crap lungs and weird gut issues are though.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The vegan insta account with 27.7k followers has left this comment on the newest post on the Linda McCartney account.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 12.35.59.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
I don't understand why she's keeping and reusing all these milk bottles - GIVE THEM BACK. You can buy empty glass bottles/jars in bulk on eBay. It seems more wasteful to decant everything and discard the original container?

Her next thrifty tip is going to be to steal save all the cutlery you get given in restaurants - oh and crockery too! A quick wash with diluted washing up liquid and they'll be good as new! You can even label them so you remember where they're originally from (The Ivy, Wagamamas, Groucho etc)

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Why do I want to keep my washing up water hotter? I fill the bowl, wash up, then it goes down the plughole. It isn't a longterm investment.
Baffling. As usual.
Just add some dried and processed orange peels to the hot sink water, season well, and you have yourself a thrifty bath!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
In my deleted post, I was having a crisis of confidence, saying that over the weekend I’ve had some conflicting thoughts about whether or not my anger is disproportionate or if it’s useful/abusive to contribute to the noise around JM and her awful behaviour. But then I read more here, I think about the poor bunny, I think about her manipulation of people far less well off and I feel glad that she’s getting called out widely. I am empathetic to some of her issues but she’s so entitled. And now with the performative plant based cheese posing... doesn’t this prove how calculating and cynical she is?
Bum and eyelid sausages for pov cosplay and then this once she realises belatedly she might need to protect an income stream. It’s the only way any of this makes sense - most normal people simply are not able to summon the cognitive dissonance required to care enough about cruelty within the dairy industry to buy Violife cheese (which a great but fairly premium vegan product) while mainlining eggs and feeding her SB dreadful scrap pork. She’s a bleeping ghoul.
Yes, I'm so gobsmacked at her bare-faced jack-foolery, I just joined here myself. I am AMAZED how she has got away with it for so long, so many contradictions.. so little shame.

It was the FSM debacle that finally removed the cheap sausage meat from my eyes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Erm... Hasn't she always just been bitter. She seems to hate that everyone else has it made it ...
She seemed to put aside her distain and hatred for high earners when she was engaged to a multimillionaire co owner of a restaurant chain.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Just add some dried and processed orange peels to the hot sink water, season well, and you have yourself a thrifty bath!
Now you're talking! Could I...double up and just pop the dirty dishes in the bath whilst I'm having a soak in my bouquet garni bath salts?

Then reuse the water for a bouillabaisse?
😀

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
Why is she bothering with this facade when her love of fish/eggs/fishy devilled eggs 🤢 is widely known?!
I suspect someone from Linda McCartney has pleaded with her to at least look she's reducing her meat intake. This is one of many things that baffle me about Jack, how hard would it have been to at least pretend she was eating vegan for the month? She could have spent the last few weeks highlighting vegan products she's pretending to like and done a month of vegan only slop. Instead she's waiting for an entirely predictable response from vegans and then started blathering on about vegan cheese. I sometimes wonder if deep down she feels bad about the lies she's told and actually wants to duck up so badly she's stopped but sometimes I just think she's a clown shoe.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Now you're talking! Could I...double up and just pop the dirty dishes in the bath whilst I'm having a soak in my bouquet garni bath salts?

Then reuse the water for a bouillabaisse?
😀
Go one better and gently poach the fish for the bouillabaisse in the bath water too. 🛁 🐟 🥘

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.