Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And those label makers are not free, nor the tapes and batteries/electric to run them! How is this money saving? 🙄 money wasting, she is such a plum 😴
If there's one thing I hate it's those 'frugal' lifestyle bloggers who are just in it for the aesthetic.

"Here are my expensive mason jars. Branded ones, not those cheap Wilko ones. And here's a glass spray bottle I bought from some posh eco shop. I fill it up with the fresh lemons and bicarbonate of soda from my Ocado shop. And I label my expensive jars with posh tags..." etc. How is that cheaper than buying a 90p kitchen spray from Asda? Or just reuse your old jam jars. Oh sorry, Jack can't afford jam, silly me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
She’s stubborn enough to willfully ignore the true meaning of processed. Can’t believe how some people lap this up like it’s gospel!
I imagine she's angling for another promotion or something so she can't come out and say vegan cheese is pretty processed, more so than normal cheese. Combine that and her complete inability to ever just not reply to a comment and you get "oh but actually if you think about it grating carrot is a process"

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Ugh. Her game of 'name that vegan cheese' has worked.
All the negativity from the last week has been bumped into the Twitter ether.

• Angry
Reactions: 30
This is the woman that claims to be a food expert. And she doesn't know what a bloody processed food is 🤦. Her publishers should be embarrassed that they're putting cookbooks out there written by such an incompetent, talentless idiot.

View attachment 401644
SS - @Silver Linings
An expert in food? In what way exactly? A dietician or a chef would be considered experts as well as some scientists working in food related fields. Possibly some critics or writers could be considered to have expert knowledge of food. However I'm drawing blank for Jack- I hope she'll clarify because I'm intrigued.

Reactions: 39
An expert in food? In what way exactly? A dietician or a chef would be considered experts as well as some scientists working in food related fields. Possibly some critics or writers could be considered to have expert knowledge of food. However I'm drawing blank for Jack- I hope she'll clarify because I'm intrigued.
excuse me, Jack finally found an answer to the existential question that's been confounding scientists and philosophers for eons. Why does mincemeat have different fat percentages? 'they just do innit'

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Most vegans I know (I'm vegetarian and like to tag along to vegan meetups, please excuse me) don't actually like "vegan" products because they are overproduced and they don't like food that imitates animal-based foods. They tend towards beans, tofu, grains, vegetables. They might keep a block of violife to spice up a cheese sauce or something but noone I know would have that much vegan cheese.

Also, question. Is this missing butter vegan? If she's not using vegan butter for this toastie then I have alot of questions.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Just add some orange peel table salt and eucalyptus and pickle your own eggs (ovaries) 👌We got this#sorted mate#winning at life#Lifestyle hack#frugal tips...courtesy of....brought to you by...

Jack monroe/steptoe...and (poor) son...enjoy...(y)
Screenshot_20210125-120751.jpg
Screenshot_20210125-113237.jpg
Screenshot_20210125-120924.jpg
Screenshot_20210125-120848.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Yes she called it a "crappy bungalow" in her Sunday Times interview with Marina O'Loughlin. Then later tried to backpedal:
View attachment 401553
Here’s the section of the Times article she referred to her home as the ‘crappy bungalow’, doesn’t sound like she’s referring to its cleanliness... it may not be the 5 bedroom detached she lived in growing up but it’s a lovely bungalow, so entitled, so ungrateful

Attachments

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
20210125_122025.jpg

Surely at this points she's trolling us?! Instead, look after your baking trays and properly clean them immediately after use? Then they don't get ruined? Am I going mad here? Otherwise it's just more clutter in your kitchen!

Also why has she added her Insta handle to these pics on her... Instagram? Does she really think people will screenshot and share these tips (aside on Tattle obvs!)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 81
I missed the earlier 2020 threads (may need to go back and have a proper grunka one day), so this will no doubt be in there somewhere. May article about the crappy bungalow. THE SIZE OF IT!!
View attachment 401311

Sorry but " A bungalow is a small house or cottage that is either single-storey or has a second storey built into a sloping roof (usually with dormer windows), and may be surrounded by wide verandas. ".

We can see a staircase. One that doesn't look like it's leading to a attic with a sloping roof. It's not a bleeping bungalow

Reactions: 22
What would a person be doing for so long that hot water would cool to the point of unusable? It would work for Jack as I'd imagine she'd fill the sink, arse around on Twitter and knit another Shredded Wheat square.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
View attachment 401709
Surely at this points she's trolling us?! Instead, look after your baking trays and properly clean them immediately after use? Then they don't get ruined? Am I going mad here? Otherwise it's just more clutter in your kitchen!

Also why has she added her Insta handle to these pics on her... Instagram? Does she really think people will screenshot and share these tips (aside on Tattle obvs!)
But....why do you need to keep the water hotter for longer? I don’t get it

• Haha
Reactions: 50
View attachment 401709

Why do I want to keep my washing up water hotter? I fill the bowl, wash up, then it goes down the plughole. It isn't a longterm investment.
Baffling. As usual.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.