Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys did you know that mixed herbs contain a mixture of herbs? 😱

Buy a jar of mixed herbs instead of the six individual herbs to save money! Then decant into a milk bottle stolen from your local milkman, invest in a plastic label maker and label. #ThriftyShadesOfShite
And those label makers are not free, nor the tapes and batteries/electric to run them! How is this money saving? 🙄 money wasting, she is such a plum 😴

Reactions: 34
There's plenty of room for that rabbit in the house.
Spare room.
'lobby'
Spare downstairs room next to shower room.
Easily let him run free or in a 'puppy pen', lots of space to sniff and do zoomies (Google bunny zoomies, you won't be disappointed!)
He would go to the toilet in a litter tray.

I just don't understand why you'd get the rabbit in the first place if you were going to lock it in the dark and ignore it.

• Sad
Reactions: 46
Omg her nutrional knowledge is woeful.

'Is vegan cheese healthier than dairy cheese? ' 'dunno, it is for the cow'.

'All fats are healthy!!!'
'A peeled carrot is processed food'.

Does she think she is funny or something? How the duck has she had even one book published? I despair.

• Haha
Reactions: 76
“Healthier for the cows certainly” get to absolute feck! Hypocritical or what. I say this as someone who is an omnivore but then again I’m not pretending to be 90% vegan at all 😡
and she was raphsodizing about 'cheese, more cheese! on quesadilla's the other day

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
LMAO she's such a total div. Peeling a carrot does not make the carrot a processed food.
This is funny until you remember she is supposed to be a professional food writer, how she spurts constant mis information, and isn’t challenged.......
thick as mince (added fat)

• Haha
Reactions: 45
In my deleted post, I was having a crisis of confidence, saying that over the weekend I’ve had some conflicting thoughts about whether or not my anger is disproportionate or if it’s useful/abusive to contribute to the noise around JM and her awful behaviour. But then I read more here, I think about the poor bunny, I think about her manipulation of people far less well off and I feel glad that she’s getting called out widely. I am empathetic to some of her issues but she’s so entitled. And now with the performative plant based cheese posing... doesn’t this prove how calculating and cynical she is?
Bum and eyelid sausages for pov cosplay and then this once she realises belatedly she might need to protect an income stream. It’s the only way any of this makes sense - most normal people simply are not able to summon the cognitive dissonance required to care enough about cruelty within the dairy industry to buy Violife cheese (which a great but fairly premium vegan product) while mainlining eggs and feeding her SB dreadful scrap pork. She’s a bleeping ghoul.
Yeah, that can happen to the best of us!
Every now and again you get a twinge of pity, then it all comes flooding back about how vile she is. The twinge soon passes.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
All this chat has reminded me I have a Martin Lewis book somewhere called Thrifty Ways for Modern Days or somesuch . Having to skim read the threads as I can't keep up but get the impression she wants people to submit tips/recipes for new book, suggest vocab and them type it all up lol what a liberty !

Reactions: 33
Such a liar, always! Jack is like a cat with nine lives, always seems to get away with these things on the whole.

Reactions: 25
View attachment 401573View attachment 401575
She’s so manipulative, pretending to be vegan when there’s probably Ocado’s entire deli section of cheese in the Smeg.
"Look, vegans, I'm just like you! Can't we just forget about all the eggs, fish, ballsack sausages, cow's milk, processed ham, mechanically-reclaimed chicken slices, gelatine sweets and sausage toffee? I love vegan food! Please stop posting mean comments on Linda's insta!"

She's as transparent as she is embarrassing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
LMAO she's such a total div. Peeling a carrot does not make the carrot a processed food.
This is the woman that claims to be a food expert. And she doesn't know what a bloody processed food is 🤦. Her publishers should be embarrassed that they're putting cookbooks out there written by such an incompetent, talentless idiot.

D7179704-E153-46A5-9AE2-6C972E907376.jpeg

SS - @Silver Linings

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 74
and she was raphsodizing about 'cheese, more cheese! on quesadilla's the other day
That’s right, but what she probably forgot to say (since she wasn’t angling for #SponCon from Violife et al at that moment) was that this was of course vegan cheese

• Haha
Reactions: 32
She’s stubborn enough to willfully ignore the true meaning of processed. Can’t believe how some people lap this up like it’s gospel!

• Sad
Reactions: 48
That’s right, but what she probably forgot to say (since she wasn’t angling for #SponCon from Violife et al at that moment) was that this was of course vegan cheese
She better be careful if she makes that claim because 'how vegan cheese melts' is a hot topic amongst vegans. I have my doubts about the sauce on that pastitsio, but cannot be arsed to recreate it to see if it melts in the same way for me.

Reactions: 34
She can feck right off if she's coming after Burns' Night!! Maybe she'll crack open a rancid kombucha to have instead of whisky 🥃

I've got my haggis, and it's a MacSween vegetarian one. They're soo lovely. Really nutty and peppery.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
The viggles have definitely got to her.
She's gone full on Partridge. "I'm SO a Christian Vegan!" 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I'm a vegan don't you know!
Look at all the vegan cheese I just happen to have currently in my fridge.
Ask me anything about vegan cheese, I know it all.
I've completed every possible vegan cheese sandwich combo.
I'm a vegan don't you know!

(This looks like song lyrics, it's not 🤣)

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
This is the woman that claims to be a food expert. And she doesn't know what a bloody processed food is 🤦. Her publishers should be embarrassed that they're putting cookbooks out there written by such an incompetent, talentless idiot.

View attachment 401644
SS - @Silver Linings
Question

Where are her qualifications in order for her to be an expert.as part of my uni degree I did modules in nutrition, wouldn't call myself an expert.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.