Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Indeed dear heart. I just borrowed it from my library app after reading your post. It’s been returned already.

Here are three examples of her recommending rice milk. Obviously these recipes were meticulously tested.

View attachment 400062View attachment 400063View attachment 400070
So either

1. Jack is lying about having only just discovered rice milk, primarily because she is such a causal liar about everything but also for some vegan love and engagement on Twitter, in light of the Linda McCartney trash fire.

Or

2. Jack doesn’t actually test her recipes, and puts any old rubbish in her books because she has so much disdain for her readers and her publisher.

Which is it Jack? Is it both?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I wouldn't be surprised if Jack's dad took him off her hands, as they became 'so close' when he looked after him. I hope so at least, that bunny deserves a good life and Jack sure as hell wouldn't provide basic care without yabbering on about it

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
The more you think about it the odder it gets. I can't recall a single time I've ever seen her mention cleaning out the rabbit hutch (which to do properly takes time and effort) purchasing bedding for the rabbit, washing his bowls, drinker etc.
It just doesn't make sense when she witters on inanely about almost every other aspect of her life.
I was just about to type something similar when your post popped up. Don’t worry, I’m sure we’ll get an in-depth twitter thread soon all about it now she needs to look good for the vegans 🙄

Reactions: 34
I've only had one rabbit and it had a guinea pig companion, they were rescues and had always lived together. There are a couple of rabbit experts on here who will know more than me, but the RSPCA website says -
It heavily depends on the rabbit IME, so anyone else I’d believe her he’s happy alone but it’s Jack... We had rabbits constantly when I was a child, and knowledge has come a long way in the last few years, it used to be recommended and encouraged to keep rabbits and guinea pigs together but now it’s considered dangerous for the guinea pig (they can be badly hurt by even an accidental rabbit kick). So Jack, if you’re reading - please don’t get a guinea friend for Dash because you think it would be “cute”.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
The more you think about it the odder it gets. I can't recall a single time I've ever seen her mention cleaning out the rabbit hutch (which to do properly takes time and effort) purchasing bedding for the rabbit, washing his bowls, drinker etc.
It just doesn't make sense when she witters on inanely about almost every other aspect of her life.
There were no pix of it out in the garden during the sunny days of lockdown either.
Nothing snapped from the expensive hammock thing.

• Sad
Reactions: 44
My friend is friends with her landlady. She’s not supposed to have pets. But they’re there now. And she’s not supposed to make modifications to the “crappy bungalow”. But she has.
Landlady does not have a property empire and I think has been put off renting this house out in the future,
Does your friend know if Jack is vacating the property next month as has been suggested? It doesn't appear to be on the market but Jack has heavily alluded that she is leaving and it would make sense as the lease runs out February.

Reactions: 22
Linda McCartney has uploaded another pic on their instagram, this time it's a lovely looking bao bun with shredded 'duck' by a proper vegan cook, in honour of #nationalcomplimentday 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I've only had one rabbit and it had a guinea pig companion, they were rescues and had always lived together. There are a couple of rabbit experts on here who will know more than me, but the RSPCA website says -
you are right, my googling sources said they were relatively solitary. Although, everywhere says rabbits need sunlight for vit d to stay healthy, and enough things to do.

I have just looked for videos for rabbits to watch. There are none. I think I have identified a gap in the market. I think I might crowd fund.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Her thread on rice milk is also very clever as it buries any of criticism about her vegan credentials with working alongside Linda McCartney Foods, nothing is accidental with Jack

• Sad
Reactions: 35
Her thread on rice milk is also very clever as it buries any of criticism about her vegan credentials with working alongside Linda McCartney Foods, nothing is accidental with Jack
But it's just so ridiculous - she genuinely claims to have been vegan for what, 2 years, but only now has 'discovered' vegan milk? - even beyond he clear lies, as exampled by @NP, it continues to be amazing that her fans don't acknowledge the shameless charlatanism.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
you are right, my googling sources said they were relatively solitary. Although, everywhere says rabbits need sunlight for vit d to stay healthy, and enough things to do.

I have just looked for videos for rabbits to watch. There are none. I think I have identified a gap in the market. I think I might crowd fund.
Could we collaborate? I want to setup a dating/friendship agency for rabbits. It seems like their personalities have to match in order for them to have suitable friends. I don't like thinking about lonely rabbits

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Wait, she feeds Dash veg scraps? What are the ones she's hoarding in the freezer?

I am a casual follower of these threads, but even I can spot so many porkies in her claims.
And didn't she build a compost bin around Christmas time? So much food waste for a small household 🤥

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Blimey, our garage is absolutely freezing right now and in summer it gets ridiculously hot. Poor bunny.

• Sad
Reactions: 36
Screenshot_20210124-123902.jpg

Ah necissity jack in being the mother of all
invention and all that eh?
Whats a trailblazer to do?
Can't keep the plebs waiting now can we?
For all your homespun wisdom and really valuable lifehacks#we got this#anti poverty campaigner#
So good of you jack to think of the little people why we are all waiting with baited breath what will you honour us with next?
I mean the catfood ring pulls and drying out satsuma peels on the radiator really rocked my world?
I never would have thought i needed that?
Who knew right?

You see what your really missing in all of this is anything that is actually bleeping useful i know i know a minor quibble right?

After all its not like Jocasta innes didn't do all this (the paupers cookbook) about 50 years ago and its still relevant because its a quality cookbook with low cost recipes that people might actually want to eat?God what a boring traditionalist though not a self starter innovator like our jack full of charming quirks what a character she is eh!

Heres the thing though just asking for a friend but anti poverty campaigner who came up with that title? Also how can that be verified and on what criteria/merit is such a title awarded/given out?

I mean the very title is fatuous?
Who isn't against poverty?
Unless your a psychopath nobody wants people to grow up hungry and suffering from deprivation?
So its a little bit passive aggressive no? Also reeks of virtue signalling! (imo)

Sorry all to be stating the obvious and yet its scary how these slogans can just be bandied about unchallenged?
Also i think they contain within them the seed of a lie/contradiction?
For and against duality?
Also as her job involves writing for the media (those villains who made you famous jack yes how very dare they!)
be it in book format articles recipes tv presenting whatever...its all publicity its all money in the bank right?
Especially working for big brands correct me if i'm wrong but its a buisness not a charity?
So the giving back bit you know the actual alleviation of poverty bit where or how does that actually happen?
Pinch me but i must have missed that bit?
Of course for justification purposes she then has to trot out her dog eared story of extreme angst/hard times/suffering etc etc etc...
You see once dear people she was just like you (nice bit of projection there of course we too were all on the breadline and hungry and angsty dragged down!) In fact so desperate was our collective plight (think communal gulag!) this is the world according to jack so you might have to suspend disbelief here?.So Jack being the kindred spirit that she is read the situation yeah she understood she heard the clarion call the secret wish of our hearts and if its good enough for jack well then who are we to argue? Such ingratitude to say well no i don't feel like it to our self appointed saviour (because we all poor in jacks worldview) and like an industrial strength mary poppins she gave us our medicine our daily gruel/penance?
She knew after all what was needed (because she understands she knows even better than we do) and she answered in beige and oatmeal and and frozen sausages mm poverty never tasted so good and but for just a moment we were sated...we had blessed respite from living in our hovels and foraging for scraps.and handcrafting from old teatowels (wait right thats the bit she promised to save us from except that its being rebranded as frugality and not poverty doh silly little me.....anyway i digress..).because least we forget how could we? We owe it all to one selfless women...i could not live if i didn't know the joy of say good food for bad days what to make when your feeling blue...
Ahh how kind mushrooms and anchovies....
hot nicoise....blue cheese and pickled herring panzanella....and crabby nora....
mmmm yum and no honestly i don't feel sick at all not at all just incredibly grateful that jack has my back..oh yeap...ruddy delicious and very very generous....not that i couldn't find a million recipes on the internet simple and tasty and for free...
If i did that i'd be missing out/the point...to know jack you have to feel like jack you too have to be initiated into the knowingness/familiarity that comes when your bank balance (why did i buy that stupid book) and your taste buds have really really suffered?
Thats the jack experience?
So never mind the paupers cookbook jacks should be called the misanthropes cookbook how to be really miserable/a miser while simultaneously preaching to the masses the essence of frugality!!
In other words pay for me (money or attenton) and i will give you sweet fa in return?
Got it sorted mate.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I caved and I sent a message to Linda McCartney's social media team (privately) regarding the disastrous collaboration but I kept it very nice. Their response included "We see Veganuary as an opportunity to introduce meat eaters to vegan dishes so we're working with someone who's a meat reducer" even though in my original message I made it very clear that Jack wasn't a meat reducer at all or has any interest in the provenance of food.
I just do not get why they have decided to handle this situation in this way. I realise the money has changed hands but there is still plenty of scope for an apology.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
A bit off topic, but we have a family/crowd of tiny field mice living in our compost bin. I just chopped up a load of vegetables for lunch and Mr. Rebel said 'oh, the mice love butternut squash' and legged it across the garden to feed them.
NB the current Mr. Rebel is a burly builder/decorator from Essex.
I love this so much 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 30
She hasn't specifically said the video of Dash is new/from today, but I'm just pointing out it's from September last year. It's the comic effect video she made, but without the filter.

• Wow
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.