Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's tweeting directly at us now. Didn't Dash originally have at least one companion?

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 11.59.20.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 84
I hope that this is not the run up to her 'discovering' how much cheaper it is to make your own plant milk. . Home made plant milks have been thin and liable to separate for me. Would prefer not to see blending rice and water to create a 'thick, creamy milk' presented as a recipe. Same for oats.
Recipe: First, buy your blender - don't bother with the cheap and cheerfuls, you need something like [this one, aff link here] because of the high power required to grind the things. You'll need an entirely separate set of kit because you won't like curry spice flavoured nut milk on your cornflakes. Order a nut milk bag. Buy far more nuts than you would ever normally have in about five years. And rice. And oats. And a water filter, because hard water tastes absolutely rank. And some sealable bottles to store it in. And a pan big enough to sterilise them in. And some vitamin & mineral additives. And some oil/other stabilisers. And sugar.

Now you're too skint to spend a pound on a commercial carton, learn to drink your tea with (bottled) lemon, your coffee black and put the assorted paraphenalia into the back of the cupboard where it belongs.

ETA: Glad he's alive. That's a huge amount of food, though. I'd be worried about attracting mice with that much, seeing as most rabbits end up with lodgers at some point.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Morning, Jack. Good night's sleep, then?

View attachment 399938

Best check he hasn't frozen to death overnight.
The garage rabbit is disturbing me. We used to put our rabbit in the garage overnight for safety as there were a lot of foxes about but he spent the whole day outdoors. It just seems such a dark, boring environment for any animal to live in 24/7. If Rabbito likes snow take him out to play in it. Stuff like this upsets me there are loads of pets I'd quite like to have on a superficial level but don't want to commit to the expense and level of care they need, therefore I don't have them as pets. I'd quite like a cat but I'm hoping to have some building work done this year if lockdown ever ends so I'm waiting until after that because it'll more than likely be rescue cat and I don't want it upset with noise and disruption just as it's settling in to a new environment. Has there ever been a recorded instance of Jack putting the needs of another living soul before her own? It's as if she believes everyone and everything is there for her personal amusement. Sorry can't think of anything funny to say about any of it. #FreeRabbito

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 89
I was looking at reviews of Veganish and it doesn't look as if Jack has learned anything since. Poor Adele 🙁
Written....quickly? To......make money? That doesn't sound like our Jack.

I mean just two days ago she was posting scraps of paper with old recipes on from 2014 but surely nobody would half arse something and expect money for it? Especially a book that is compared to Mrs Beeton's.

That would be like setting up a Patreon, making thousands from them and sending your backers a postcard once a year. I mean.... doesn't sound very likely. Jack works really hard.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Mm no offence Jack, but judging by your animal welfare history your idea of an animal being 'healthy and perfectly happy' may not tally with everyone else's :cry:
Her complete lack of empathy is so evident in the fact she can't see that locking a rabbit in a garage on its own for most if its life is inherently cruel.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 70
I went shopping and you started a new thread, so I’m all behind, can I ask what the iron vid was about? I couldn’t workout what I was looking at, it looked like a snake.

back I go

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Her complete lack of empathy is so evident in the fact she can't see that locking a rabbit in a garage on its own for most if its life is inherently cruel.
And as I said the other day, we never see it! Whereas Cooper is on Twitter daily. Often multiple times a day. Which would suggest she doesn't pop in to see it or spend much time with it. And Jack - no point in crying "I don't put all my life on Twitter!" Because yes, you bleeping do dear 🙄.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
And the sad little detail of Dash getting on oddly well with the cat when he sees him. Poor little bugger is starved of any company so no wonder. Rabbits are inherently sociable creatures aren't they.

• Sad
Reactions: 55
Going back in time a bit but I have disproved Jack's ill thought out hypothesis that the tortilla hack needs more cheese. Any more than this will be a molten disaster. Triangulate that 🔺️🔺️🔺️🔺️
20210124_120321.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.