Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wonder what justification she'll use for the bollocks and eyelid sausages. 'I didn't eat them, they were for my son' doesn't quite cut it.
I think she’ll try that, expecting headpats for not forcing veganism or even vegetarianism on her son, and get all confused when it doesn’t work. She consistently doesn’t seem to get that it’s the welfare issues that are the primary issue for most people rather than just the mere presence of meat, her glorifying in sausage toffee aside.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I think she’ll try that, expecting headpats for not forcing veganism or even vegetarianism on her son, and get all confused when it doesn’t work. She consistently doesn’t seem to get that it’s the welfare issues that are the primary issue for most people rather than just the mere presence of meat, her glorifying in sausage toffee aside.
She will be able to answer that one by saying she is creating recipes for people in poverty. I wonder if she will recycle the old argument that being vegan is a privilege, despite her having an online article saying that it isn't.

• Sad
Reactions: 33
Recipe: First, buy your blender - don't bother with the cheap and cheerfuls, you need something like [this one, aff link here] because of the high power required to grind the things. You'll need an entirely separate set of kit because you won't like curry spice flavoured nut milk on your cornflakes. Order a nut milk bag. Buy far more nuts than you would ever normally have in about five years. And rice. And oats. And a water filter, because hard water tastes absolutely rank. And some sealable bottles to store it in. And a pan big enough to sterilise them in. And some vitamin & mineral additives. And some oil/other stabilisers. And sugar.

Now you're too skint to spend a pound on a commercial carton, learn to drink your tea with (bottled) lemon, your coffee black and put the assorted paraphenalia into the back of the cupboard where it belongs.

ETA: Glad he's alive. That's a huge amount of food, though. I'd be worried about attracting mice with that much, seeing as most rabbits end up with lodgers at some point.
Well how else do you think the family of brambly mice live such a life of luxury at the crappy bungalow? Jack's probably jealous of them.

no offence to rabbit lovers but rabbit jack is even more boring than floofy cat jack

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Does anyone know of the whereabouts of a screenshot which detailed how Jack's other rabbit(s?) and guinea pigs died from carbon monoxide poisoning? Think it might be of interest to any insta vegans who find us when googling.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Poor little bun.
Can’t believe she’s allowed a cat and a rabbit in the crappy bungalow that she RENTS

Reactions: 28
She will be able to answer that one by saying she is creating recipes for people in poverty. I wonder if she will recycle the old argument that being vegan is a privilege, despite her having an online article saying that it isn't.
Yeah, that will be her tactic but I think there’s enough evidence of her choosing to do it for herself and for SB that it’s obvious she just doesn’t care and the viggles won’t buy it. I really hope she tries the vegan is a privilege line though, just for the joy of them then inevitably quoting her own article back at her 😂

Reactions: 25
And the sad little detail of Dash getting on oddly well with the cat when he sees him. Poor little bugger is starved of any company so no wonder. Rabbits are inherently sociable creatures aren't they.
to be fair, rabbits are solitary, so being on its own wouldn't bother it much.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
ETA: Glad he's alive. That's a huge amount of food, though. I'd be worried about attracting mice with that much, seeing as most rabbits end up with lodgers at some point.
From the RSPCA website

"good quality hay and grass should make up the majority of your rabbits' diet. A rabbit's digestive system needs hay or grass to function properly so a healthy supply is extremely important. You can supplement with leafy greens and a small amount of pellets."

So she should only be giving that rabbit a small amount of leafy greens, not a hearty salad. She is judging animal food by comparing it yo human food. It is not kind to give an animal unsuitable food just because it looks "hearty".

And keeping it in a dark garage with no access to natural daylight, is tantamount to abuse in my book. I say again, what is the point of a pet if you are going to shove it away and ignore it?

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Poor little bun.
Can’t believe she’s allowed a cat and a rabbit in the crappy bungalow that she RENTS
My friend is friends with her landlady. She’s not supposed to have pets. But they’re there now. And she’s not supposed to make modifications to the “crappy bungalow”. But she has.
Landlady does not have a property empire and I think has been put off renting this house out in the future,

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 111
Wonder what justification she'll use for the bollocks and eyelid sausages. 'I didn't eat them, they were for my son' doesn't quite cut it.
Don’t forget she was ‘giving him agency’ over his food choices. Ditto the cooking bacon and bacon porridge and smart price soft cheese and desperation carrot sandwich in a soil filled paper bag which he apparently declared the best ever. bleeping hell, I’m boring myself now with all her tedious lies and tit.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
Well how else do you think the family of brambly mice live such a life of luxury at the crappy bungalow? Jack's probably jealous of them.

no offence to rabbit lovers but rabbit jack is even more boring than floofy cat jack
A bit off topic, but we have a family/crowd of tiny field mice living in our compost bin. I just chopped up a load of vegetables for lunch and Mr. Rebel said 'oh, the mice love butternut squash' and legged it across the garden to feed them.
NB the current Mr. Rebel is a burly builder/decorator from Essex.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
These threads move so fast I can't keep up!

Poor bunny. She really is an awful person.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
Question for Jack as she’s caught up here:
Dear heart how do you remember to feed and care for a rabbit who’s kept in your garage out of your maverick eyesight when, you state quite often, you can’t remember to take your meds or eat? Amongst other things that slip your memory is the “annual” accounts for your business. 🤔 Answer by tweet is fine love. Ta

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 66
to be fair, rabbits are solitary, so being on its own wouldn't bother it much.
It's not that the rabbit is on it's own, but the fact that she is feeding it unsuitable food and keeping it inside a dark garage with limited access to daylight. It is also about Jack putting her needs for an occasional "bunny cuddle" over the needs of a living creature.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Until I see a picture of that poor rabbit, I refuse to believe it's still alive.

Jack..... JACK! Please may we a have a picture of the rabbit, and its living conditions?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
The more you think about it the odder it gets. I can't recall a single time I've ever seen her mention cleaning out the rabbit hutch (which to do properly takes time and effort) purchasing bedding for the rabbit, washing his bowls, drinker etc.
It just doesn't make sense when she witters on inanely about almost every other aspect of her life.

• Sad
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.