Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cashew and Tofu ricotta ....in Jack’s hands this can only mean one thing ... absolute carnage.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Oh, man. That would completely dry out the skin. You'd have to spend a fortune on moisturiser afterwards.

Not much oil in a dried out peel, either - the VOCs evaporate - unless she means she's actually adding the essential oil mentioned on the label? Chances are that if oil were added, by the time you dug the solidified lump of salt out of the bottle with a chopstick, that would have evaporated as well.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
If salt is salt, the next time I go to the chippy, I'm going to ask the man who works there if he can sling some in a container for me so I can use it in my bath. I'm sure he'll happily oblige!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
When I was young, I once asked my parents if my grandma was poor because she fried her own chips rather than buy them from the chip shop 🤷‍♀️ side note but my grandma once substituted sugar puffs for pearl barley in a stew and I wish that were a lie 😬 (Actually brb while I submit that for jack's next book)
Your nominal payment is guaranteed* to be in the post tomorrow.

*Please note: NOT a guarantee.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Those rank bath salts would bring me out in a rash.

Mixed herbs!? Hmmmm love a bath that smells like a pasta sauce.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Does anyone else really like the natural pH balance of their bits so SHAN’T be salting them?
This was my first thought when I saw this. Any savings made on the salt would be directly carried over to the cranberry juice and Canesten duo budget!

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Greetings from the dark side, and the poverty stricken north. Newbie here who only just REALISED in recent weeks what an absolute fraud jack is! Am posting this before I read the thread so I'm not sure my entrance will be appropriate but I beg, implore,plead with all that my cold dead heart can summon of you to let me join in your (ceaseless bullying) truth seeking of our faux poor jack.
Welcome to the cabal! Top tip do not consume liquid whilst tattling, and beware the 🥕

• Haha
Reactions: 29
So apparently the table salt variety is heavily processed to make it fine, on the way it loses most of the minerals you would want in a salt bath, like the magnesium.
Sea salt retains more of these minerals, so sea salt would be preferable than table salt.
Even better would be fecking bath salts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Can someone point me in the direction of a muscle-relaxing spa scrub for 2p?
Now the gritter lorries are out, what better time to grab a handful of salt from your nearest main road, and treat yourself to an invigorating scrub.

Afterwards. don't forget to slap on plenty of lard for an intense moisturising experence!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 79
I was just figuring out how to ask a question at tomorrow's town hall (full company meeting in American speak) that contained mendacious and she's upping the ante. It would be disingenuous of me to pretend I wasn't annoyed.
Send cattos, doggos, rabbos and brambly mice immediately!

Edit: she's gone ‘abrogated’ - not sure if this will translate well to the global crowd. A long night ahead of me!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Welcome to the cabal! Top tip do not consume liquid whilst tattling, and beware the 🥕
I feel duty bound to report that I’m a blethering idiot who can’t type or re-read my own words properly, hence I have a hate-hate relationship with auto-carrot. Aka 🥕
Any resemblance to other characters, living or dead, or Captain mouse, is purely coincidental

Edit forgot the 🥕 see what I mean?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.