Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bet she gets a lot of stuff from HomeSense or TK Maxx, loads of random and maverick home merch in there.
So..much..tat on display in that house, it's a bit of a visual overload for the brain. I'd be constantly on edge living with that lot and the mugs would be in a cupboard, Manc Bee style.
I don’t have the receipt but didn’t she once claim the crappy bungalow was minimalist?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I'm enjoying spying on the Linda McCartney insta comments - that big vegan account is not letting it go and because no one in LMc PR is bothering to acknowledge the comments, the squiggles have resorted to recommending alternative brands to each other! So a LMc promo is ending up with comments about how great the competitor products are and where they are currently on offer.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
I'm enjoying spying on the Linda McCartney insta comments - that big vegan account is not letting it go and because no one in LMc PR is bothering to acknowledge the comments, the squiggles have resorted to recommending alternative brands to each other! So a LMc promo is ending up with comments about how great the competitor products are and where they are currently on offer.
Serves them right for not doing their due diligence and not acknowledging people's very valid complaints.

Karma in action.

It's a a beautiful thing 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I don't recall the minimalist claim but my memory isn't that forensic. It sounds like something she'd say 🤪
I have found Jack's next dinner set..
Screenshot_20210121-104618_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 85
Gosh that LM page is quite something. Lots of genuine vegans not happy with the JM collab. Serves them right. Jack must be mortified.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Yep! And when she said she saw the lettuce crockery in a charity shop I instantly thought bleeping bollocks it’d have been in Liberty where it’s had a display of some sort for the last millennia?!

That rug tho 😷😷😷 environmental health need to go round and condemn it
The lettuce/cabbage serving dishes are exactly what made me think of Liberty! I wonder if she says that she sees things in 'charity shops' to throw people off of the scent of her either having a fair bit of money or coveting expensive things? Thing is, no-one (apart from us!) will ID a llama doorstop because, not long back, llamas became the new owl in the 'what cute owl can we make into a mug/soft furnishing/general homeware object' and so became ten a penny. You could buy that llama doorstop at about 4 different price points in this country. It's not like flaunting something obviously expensive and easily identifiable to someone who has spent too much time in a department store (maybe like something designed by Tom Dixon?) If you catch my drift?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Good morning you bullying ninnies, you've probably all moved on but I am in the midst of rug and mug gate. Don't even get me started on that ridiculous, childish doorstop 🦙

It's like a clown threw up in her house 🤡 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

I feel violated. Her whole house gives me the ick just thinking about the dust and clutter.

I feel so unclean 😭
'like a clown threw up in her house' 😂

Were you watching Grand Designs last night like me??? 😂🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 28
The sad thing about the LMcC debacle, is that they very much still keep the business (certainly on Insta) as a personal thing of the late lovely Linda’s. They often post old photos of her and her family, and it hasn’t moved far away from being her company. Like I’m sure loads of large businesses started out as small family run operations, but they usually outgrow that image and discard the personal side after a while. It’s a shame Jackie has come along with her slop, to besmirch the good name and high ethics that the company has strived for. It would have taken the PR booking person minutes to check up on Jack’s reputation and behaviour.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
Was checking whether Jack's changed the sausage curry recipe to include the kidney beans (she hasn't) and noticed that it's meant to serve 4 people?! Using 6 sausages and one tin of kidney beans??

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Suddenly tampons in a pineapple seems like a perfectly normal storage solution.
I noticed that someone on my street had put a vile rose gold tampon pineapple out for the bins the other day. It took all my willpower not to grab it. Still imagining brandishing it at my flatmate - "I found it on a wall in the rain!!" - and that being entirely the truth.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
Imagine if your house was on fire and you had to run over that rug to get out. You'd never make it without tripping!

I think it's the combination of the massive size and the incredibly long pieces of fabric, plus of course the brain-melting colour placement. It looks like she's packing for a holiday...but we know that can't be true because she doesn't ever go on holiday and only wears denim shirts.
Dear heart, worry not, you could smother any fire with the amount of dust in that rug if you throw it over the flames.

Alternatively, if you scour the rug for useful items you may even discover a forgotten fire extinguisher between the rags - along with a bus ticket from 2018, a mackerel Weetabix and a printed out copy of the Wikipedia article for poverty.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Was checking whether Jack's changed the sausage curry recipe to include the kidney beans (she hasn't) and noticed that it's meant to serve 4 people?! Using 6 sausages and one tin of kidney beans??
As a squiggle pointed out, the ratios of her ingredients and the portion sizes are wrong. I would say two sausages per head is the going portion size?

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.