Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also messaging Linda McCartney like that does not violate Tattle rules (afaik) and tbh the kitten stuff is very relevant to veganism. Plus all the people responding on there seem to be vegans... which is relevant when you think of Jack and her low welfare meat. Its just nice to see people commenting who clearly aren't sock puppet Tattle accounts tbh. Even if they are Tattlers... if that makes sense! The way it's been worded doesn't make me uncomfortable and I think Tattlers have just as much right to complain about a brand partnership as other people.
On a grunk at the mo, but some of the posters on there are saying they actually reported her to the RSPCA over the
kitten
thing. Obviously nothing came of it. It’s still not going well at all over there, and no statement or attempt to address it, or frankly, removal of the negative comments. Very strange.

• Wow
Reactions: 38
Mary McCartney has her own Instagram account. Wonder if they’ve gone there. Edit: I’ve checked and no sign of JM complaints. But, the last post was days ago.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Which room is this? And what is the thing with grey triangles on?
Apparently llama “guards All The Food” but this can’t be a room associated with food surely! Must be a bedroom. Are my eyes deceiving me or is it a room in the eaves with a Juliet balcony? I have no idea what her house looks like (other than it being a two storey crappy bungalow!)

Reactions: 26
Apparently “he guards All The Food” but this can’t be a room associated with food surely! Must be a bedroom. Are my eyes deceiving me or is it a room in the eaves with a Juliet balcony? I have no idea what her house looks like (other than it being a two storey crappy bungalow!)
I think it’s the giant foyer/entrance hall area that hosts, among the piles of junk - a giant Smeg fridge freezer, a sofa (that the company gave her for free!) and no doubt multiple Cotswolds sideboards.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I think it’s the giant foyer/entrance hall area that hosts, among the piles of junk - a giant Smeg fridge freezer, a sofa (that the company gave her for free!) and no doubt multiple Cotswolds sideboards.
But that door can’t be her front door can it? I think somewhere I’ve seen another back door from her kitchen. Would such an area have another external door?

I have no interest in triangulating jack/ invading privacy. I just need to understand the rug!

Also why have a doorstop at all, surely just makes the room harder to heat? Plus there’s no way that door is closing over the rug regardless 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm with @Pocahontas - I have novelty, basic witch mugs aplenty, and many other non-matchy mugs. I may use the Thundercats one today in honour of it being said day. They make me happy. I do, though, prefer them to be white on the inside.

I am also v fond of my nicely shaped mugs - like these - Amazon product - but different colours. They fail the white inside test, but they are comfy to hold and keep my coffee warm for longer.

That rug is making me gip though, and I am not a very good hausfrau, so it must be bad. It's not the colour either. I have a rug of many coloured triangles on my sitting room floor, it's the impossibility of even the pretence of cleaning it.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
P.s. As much as I want answers to all my rug questions it does vaguely amuse me that even the squiggles can’t find anything complementary to say about the rug and are just steering clear of it

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I’m not a subscriber to the all grey/white/more grey house trend and mine is certainly full of colour but her place would give me a migraine

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I'm with @Pocahontas - I have novelty, basic witch mugs aplenty, and many other non-matchy mugs. I may use the Thundercats one today in honour of it being said day. They make me happy. I do, though, prefer them to be white on the inside.

I am also v fond of my nicely shaped mugs - like these - Amazon product - but different colours. They fail the white inside test, but they are comfy to hold and keep my coffee warm for longer.

That rug is making me gip though, and I am not a very good hausfrau, so it must be bad. It's not the colour either. I have a rug of many coloured triangles on my sitting room floor, it's the impossibility of even the pretence of cleaning it.
Imagine if your house was on fire and you had to run over that rug to get out. You'd never make it without tripping!

I think it's the combination of the massive size and the incredibly long pieces of fabric, plus of course the brain-melting colour placement. It looks like she's packing for a holiday...but we know that can't be true because she doesn't ever go on holiday and only wears denim shirts.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Also imagine the amount of Cooper hair nestling in that uncleanable rug 😭🤢 I have 2 cats that are not meant to shed much and still have to vacuum every day

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
My favourite mug is a very sweary Dean Morris one. I cant use it around the kids. I forgot about the writing until my son started to read it, looked at me and smiled. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Also imagine the amount of Cooper hair nestling in that uncleanable rug 😭🤢 I have 2 cats that are not meant to shed much and still have to vacuum every day
The fact she was so proud of cleaning her kitchen and putting junk away the other week too... the house must be gopping 😷

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Fraus. I'm confused. Not only is that monstrosity, that visual assault, that screaming mess of colour and visual noise making me feel migraineous (and if that's not a word, it bloody well should be), I've logged into the work remote server to find that the actually autistic IT guy has finally plucked up enough courage to upgrade us all to Windows 10 overnight - from Windows 7 (he's been talking about it for two years and got approval sometime before The Plague descended upon all our houses). The feeling I had when the screen finally updated to bloody Outlook and all my work shortcuts on the desktop in full, HD colour and almost, but not quite mirroring the taskbar of my laptop was an affront to my eyeballs too far.

I'm drinking coffee and staying the Hell away from work related things until the shock of being transported into what looks like 2018 from 2009 abates.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Furballs. And the remains of Brambly Mice, rats from the tennis club's bins and the odd half a sparrow.

Still a better recipe than Let's Have a Shag Spaghetti.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
The fact she was so proud of cleaning her kitchen and putting junk away the other week too... the house must be gopping 😷
Deffo, with the fuss she made about her natural eco friendly cleaning stuff as well. Probably spent more time pouring Windex into a glass bottle than she did actually cleaning the place. Family homes should look lived in, there’s going to be things on the sides and quite often my living room looks like a puzzle factory exploded on the floor. But everything needs to be clean especially when you’ve got children and animals, and when she’s lecturing other people about how to feed their family but can’t even clean her own nails!

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.