Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bet she gets a lot of stuff from HomeSense or TK Maxx, loads of random and maverick home merch in there.
So..much..tat on display in that house, it's a bit of a visual overload for the brain. I'd be constantly on edge living with that lot and the mugs would be in a cupboard, Manc Bee style.

Reactions: 32
Yep! And when she said she saw the lettuce crockery in a charity shop I instantly thought bleeping bollocks it’d have been in Liberty where it’s had a display of some sort for the last millennia?!

That rug tho 😷😷😷 environmental health need to go round and condemn it
They tried but it ate them and grew even larger.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Actually feeling a little queasy from the sensory overload of this morning's grunk. Less said about the rug, the better, but it also seems I have some very strong opinions when it comes to mugs. Completely agree with this ...
Though I prefer them to be bone china, white on the inside (for properly estimating tea stength), and nice to hold. No weird handles and spikey things other nonsense.
.... and the white-on-the-inside thing is the most important point. Mugs which are black / dark on the inside make your tea taste disgusting.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I honestly think she's minted, either that or she's in a massive amount of debt.

I fail to see how a single person can afford to rent a bungalow that size in the South East as well as buy the John Lewis curtains (don't believe they were gifted), all the sideboards, those fancy anthropologie handles, the burberry scarf (magic puddle is a joke) etc. Why/how do squiggles fall for it?

I have a very modest income now after a brief period of unemployment, luckily my outgoings are relatively low (live in a cheap area in the North but I'm originally from an area down South quite close to Monroe so I know how expensive it is) and there's no way I could afford to buy any of the things she has yet somehow when I read her tweets I'm made to feel like she's financially worse off than I am. The way Jack goes on, she acts like she's on minimum wage/less?!
Agreed, we also have to remember she’s spent years with people earning significantly more than her too. Obvs just anecdotal evidence but we all know ppl who’ve just let their higher earning partner manage all the money stuff which means their money becomes largely just disposable, and she’s pretty much admitted as much in that she started buying nice furniture etc when there were two incomes in the house? I’m in a similar situation but having actual childhood trauma & financial insecurity manage ours more mindfully, I can’t imagine having a child and still prioritising John Lewis tat over mortgage overpayments or JSSISA contributions but hey 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don’t have a dad who’s gonna gift me a few properties one day, we’re building intergenerational wealth she’s a benefactor of it 😬

Tbh though even without the second income her fixed costs are still low - she’s not got cars, insurances, etc. Remembering she won’t be paying normal PAYE rates on that £100k salary & benefits from allowable expenses on the biz account. So let’s say she’s pulling in £6k a month, £1.6k on rent and then another £400 on bills is only a third of her income. That’s lower than a lot of ppl in the SE pay, leaving loads of money for the tat we see. Tbh the sheer volume of it is what sticks out but its largely mid range tat sold by its brand name, there’s an influencer Lorna Luxe who makes me cringe cos she’s buying high end every week with a similar salary. Lord help her x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Morning all. Just wanted to say that those rubber eggs are for broody chickens. They get sad because their hormones are running riot and they have no babies. You put the fake eggs in their box and they sit on them for a couple of days to make them think they are hatching real chicks.
After a bit they forget about them and go back to normal.
Chickens really aren't that smart.
Also, she had one in the nightmare cutlery drawer pictures. Why? Why was one seperate from the rest?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Mugs, Rugs and Prescription Drugs - she has scissors and isn't afraid to use them. Has the 'Wardrobe of a Departed Ex-Fiancée Rug' been ruled out?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Mugs, Rugs and Prescription Drugs - she has scissors and isn't afraid to use them. Has the 'Wardrobe of a Departed Ex-Fiancée Rug' been ruled out?

Definitely looks like a pair of scissors have been taken to some clothes to me

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Someone’s called the sausage monstrosity ‘a bowl of sadness’ over on insta 😏

God, the things I’ve learned thanks to Monroe.
thanks very Bugger much, Bugger. But whyyy does she have them? She does not have chickens that need discouraging. She’s such a hoarder she’s collecting rubber eggs for which she has no use

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Good morning you bullying ninnies, you've probably all moved on but I am in the midst of rug and mug gate. Don't even get me started on that ridiculous, childish doorstop 🦙

It's like a clown threw up in her house 🤡 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

I feel violated. Her whole house gives me the ick just thinking about the dust and clutter.

I feel so unclean 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Jack is wrong. Chickens lay way more than twelve eggs a year
What a bleeping div. I assume she thinks they are like women and ovulate once a month.
I've kept chooks, my parents had chooks, all happy free range normal hens and they lay between 4 to 6 eggs a week.

bleeping head.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
thanks very Bugger much, Bugger. But whyyy does she have them? She does not have chickens that need discouraging. She’s such a hoarder she’s collecting rubber eggs for which she has no use
Is the answer something to do with when she has the fake fox over for tea and scones?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Those rubber eggs, during the deviled egg and cod roe phase (shudder), she also claimed to have accidentally boiled them a couple of times 🙄. Such a Billy bullshitter.
Morning cabal ❤

So it seems we may have Climate Change Jack to look forward to? Can't wait...😴

• Haha
Reactions: 38
The rug is stressing me out a bit. You wouldn't be able to hoover it as the rags would wrap around the brush and break it. It's too big to take outside and beat. You couldn't sweep it. You couldn't scrub it. It's too big for the washing machine. How the hell do you clean it?!
You don’t, much like her nails 🤮

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Morning all. Just wanted to say that those rubber eggs are for broody chickens. They get sad because their hormones are running riot and they have no babies. You put the fake eggs in their box and they sit on them for a couple of days to make them think they are hatching real chicks.
After a bit they forget about them and go back to normal.
Chickens really aren't that smart.
This is all reminding me of how Vegan Jack (remember her?) said wrote that non-battery hens only lay 12 eggs per year.
ETA oh sorry I see that @FridayFunDay has had the same train of thought!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Is Climate Change Jack the same Jack who sent out her books in non recycled or recyclable plastic envelopes? Oh hang on, she never sent them, so that's OK

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Is Climate Change Jack the same Jack who sent out her books in non recycled or recyclable plastic envelopes? Oh hang on, she never sent them, so that's OK
Climate change Jack will also be the same Jack who wants garlic flown over to us for 10p per bulb.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.