Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seeing as we're all giving our opinions on mugs
I don't care what they look like as long as they are MUG SHAPED. My husband would never wash the nook-and-cranny ones properly.
My mug is my original souvenir Big Breakfast one Monsieur Kebab sourced for me (seeing as he was mentioned a few threads back, one of my proper first crushes was Johnny Vaughn)
His mug is a Sterling Cooper & Partners one from Mad Men.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

Next up. Please no climate activism from Jack. Its this time two years ago I lost my marbles re: the Paris agreement/12 years/my old age/earth on fire and tbh me even using the internet was a triumph of CBT and willpower against my screaming brain and I'm sorry but I'm not having someone with a bleeping ceramic hen full of rubber eggs for no reason whatsoever and her mass consumption of utter shite try and give out tips for being sustainable and saving the planet. I hope Eco-Squiggle comes back and rips her a new one. People don't have to be perfect to be climate activists or eco-conscious but her track record of lying is just too much.
Also weirdly this year a lot of comedians have been making climate apocalyptic jokes and its been a running theme in our house for me to just thump the sofa in response in frustration because I can't get away from it.

In other news, I am praying that the angry vegans bring about Jack's downfall - we are known for not letting stuff go and I'm enjoying seeing the big influencer doing their thing. And they *all* talk. I wonder if my best friend who is an up-and-coming vegan influencer has heard yet...

Edit: carrot and context

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Sorry if it’s already been asked - but what happened with the kitten?
TL;DR it suffered from a severe genetic condition, was probably nearer 5 weeks old when she 'rescued' bought it from a backyard breeder. Three vets said put it down because it's in pain and going to die horribly. She knew better, said it was healing her and meant she could feel love for the first time in forever, made it walk on horribly deformed legs, tried to angle for a slot on The Supervet, tried to crowdfund/sadfish for veterinary bills despite saying she had tons of money for its treatment, dumped it in the bathroom overnight when not filming extremely dodgy looking vids of it on her chest in bed, then claimed it fought its way out of the bathroom, wandered the landing until it found her and climbed on its non functioning legs to cuddle with. Then promptly died in a horrible way.

I think that's roughly it.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 64
Might be time to mention it to them @discokebab

We have butter (not sure why actually), but no butter dish. It lives in the fridge anyway, like pretty much everything, because it's hot here!

Reactions: 15
TL;DR it suffered from a severe genetic condition, was probably nearer 5 weeks old when she 'rescued' bought it from a backyard breeder. Three vets said put it down because it's in pain and going to die horribly. She knew better, said it was healing her and meant she could feel love for the first time in forever, made it walk on horribly deformed legs, tried to angle for a slot on The Supervet, tried to crowdfund/sadfish for veterinary bills despite saying she had tons of money for its treatment, dumped it in the bathroom overnight when not filming extremely dodgy looking vids of it on her chest in bed, then claimed it fought its way out of the bathroom, wandered the landing until it found her and climbed on its non functioning legs to cuddle with. Then promptly died in a horrible way.

Causing her to have to run away to Edinburgh to sit in a hotel room the whole time (aside from when stalking the yellow sticker chiller or going to Five Guys).

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 36

SPOILER, KITTEN (Dots not working for me, sorry)

Also, called it Sophie to wind up ex-fiance as it was her much missed pet's name. When it died she washed the body and dried it with hairdryer. Hairdryer was expensive Dyson that ex fiance gave her. She then posted on SM, tagging ex saying 'See, I did use my Christmas present'
Then she put a nine minute video of her half naked writhing around with the kitten on YouTube and monetized it.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
Sorry if it’s already been asked - but what happened with the kitten?
For any frauen who do not know the backstory regarding animal mistreatment
Around about thread 55 if you want to grunk, after SHE LEFT Jack acquired a kitten who she called Pretzel who had deformed legs. I believe she was the runt and a vet had advised that she be put to sleep. Jack knew better and was holding the kitten hostage and getting her to “walk properly” on her paws. In total three vets were consulted, all advised to PTS. Jack then remembered LC’s favourite pet was called Sophie and called the kitten Sophie Ellis Pretzel and made the hideous “sexy kitten” video and moaned about the vets bills being expensive and apparently was going to contact the Supervet. Then the kitten had a fit and died. Kitten and info about kitten is spoilered always because some frauen just couldn’t bear to read about it. Jack then had to go to Edinburgh To recover from the death. A sad episode.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
Linda McCartney Insta account has been posting stories this morning, which makes ignoring the comments even worse. Terrible optics.
The word ‘optics’ makes me think of House of Cards and I am seriously thinking of binging all the series just to watch Claire Underwood stop myself from commenting on the LMc insta page.

That theme tune gets me every time.

ETA sorry that this has landed in the middle of the kitten recaps. More reason than ever for LMc to deal with the posts on their page.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Kitten
And she mourned the poor thing for weeks saying how she had never known love like it and would never get over it. And she has a child. Grim.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Oh God. This means something and it won't be good. There's an eco friendly cleaning products collab in the offing, I can feel it. I won't be able to restrain myself and will be all over the Insta comments saying "have you SEEN the crappy bungalow- sack everyone involved".
let’s hope not! This popped up on my Instagram this morning
5076EC53-5C10-4C75-AEFE-6D912C4F6C3B.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I keep wanting to shout UP THE VEGANS! 💪 but don't want to sound like I'm taking the pee. I've got a huge respect for vegans and was a vegetarian for 25 years.

Quite looking forward to Climate Change Jack. I know slow cookers are meant to be an efficient way to cook but how many did she use for Christmas Slop?

Twee, homespun Mum Jack scared me. 😨 I'm glad it's stopped.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I reckon she got the Linda Mc gig as a pay off for not kicking off over the blue plastic she found in their food.
They'll either keep her recipes up or take them down and have to compensate her in some way (Pay her off)

• Wow
Reactions: 22
SPOILER, KITTEN (Dots not working for me, sorry)

Also, called it Sophie to wind up ex-fiance as it was her much missed pet's name. When it died she washed the body and dried it with hairdryer. Hairdryer was expensive Dyson that ex fiance gave her. She then posted on SM, tagging ex saying 'See, I did use my Christmas present'
Then she put a nine minute video of her half naked writhing around with the kitten on YouTube and monetized it.
This was all just before I started reading these threads. I'd caught up on the general outline of the story but had intentionally skipped bits because it was so upsetting. The hairdryer part has just floored me. Who the hell behaves like that? I know it's not really the worst bit but just treating the whole horrifying episode like it's a laugh is sick. I honestly have no words.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Seeing as we're all giving our opinions on mugs
I don't care what they look like as long as they are MUG SHAPED. My husband would never wash the nook-and-cranny ones properly.
My mug is my original souvenir Big Breakfast one Monsieur Kebab sourced for me (seeing as he was mentioned a few threads back, one of my proper first crushes was Johnny Vaughn)
His mug is a Sterling Cooper & Partners one from Mad Men.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

Next up. Please no climate activism from Jack. Its this time two years ago I lost my marbles re: the Paris agreement/12 years/my old age/earth on fire and tbh me even using the internet was a triumph of CBT and willpower against my screaming brain and I'm sorry but I'm not having someone with a bleeping ceramic hen full of rubber eggs for no reason whatsoever and her mass consumption of utter shite try and give out tips for being sustainable and saving the planet. I hope Eco-Squiggle comes back and rips her a new one. People don't have to be perfect to be climate activists or eco-conscious but her track record of lying is just too much.
Also weirdly this year a lot of comedians have been making climate apocalyptic jokes and its been a running theme in our house for me to just thump the sofa in response in frustration because I can't get away from it.

In other news, I am praying that the angry vegans bring about Jack's downfall - we are known for not letting stuff go and I'm enjoying seeing the big influencer doing their thing. And they *all* talk. I wonder if my best friend who is an up-and-coming vegan influencer has heard yet...

Edit: carrot and context

Another thing I can witter on about to my heart's content - from wayyyyyy before Kyoto and Brazil. (Nearer Vienna and Montreal - yes, I'm bloody old).

Especially the greenwashing - like microfibreplastic cloths and silicone bags which will outlast any plastic by quite a few bleeping thousand years and are non recyclable.

The most environmentally friendly way to act is NOT TO BUY POINTLESS tit ALL THE TIME BECAUSE YOU GET A BUZZ OUT OF IT. I don't care if it makes fully grown women go SQWEEEEEE like they're about 8 years old and have seen a chick hatch for the first time, that isn't enough reason to have thirty mugs you can't even drink out of, ten sideboards, plastic wallpaper and three freezers. And putting things into glass containers for Insta shots just means that the plastic bottles they came in are stuffed in the recycling bin out back - so they've doubled their consumption to pretend to be consuming less.

I studied this tit extensively. And nearly got into a lot of trouble for one submission where I pointed out all the vested interests in and around the labour government of the time (and might have declared that carbon offsetting was the ecological equivalent of a papal indulgence in one particularly tense tutorial, much to the horror of the trustafarians on the course); the tutor suggested that I printed all my work rather than submitting it electronically, as there were suspicions that various people were infiltrating environmental courses and organisations. The lecturer wasn't wrong.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
To this day I’m amazed that she got away with that kitten fiasco. I remember quite early on I mentioned getting in touch with the RSPCA and then worried that I was being over-sensitive but you look back on it with a more rational head and a sad sense of relief that the poor little thing passed away of its own accord before she could torture it any more, and no, the entire episode is still absolutely sickening.

That she is still having fawning Guardian columns written about her and getting corporate partnerships makes me wonder if QAnon and other conspiracy weirdos are right and there really is an illuminati...

It’s just occurred to me, in fact, that her dad might be a mason. He seems the type. My ex’s dad was a firefighter and both he and lots of his colleagues were in the club.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
It's also worth noting that in both the Youtube video and on Twitter, she mentioned the *exact* cost to her for the kitten's imaging and vet appointments (£771). A tactic used by those who want to manipulate you into JUST HOW MUCH THEY CARE as they've spent ALL THIS MONEY.

She was definitely angling for a kitten crowdfunder had the poor thing not died

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
This was all just before I started reading these threads. I'd caught up on the general outline of the story but had intentionally skipped bits because it was so upsetting. The hairdryer part has just floored me. Who the hell behaves like that? I know it's not really the worst bit but just treating the whole horrifying episode like it's a laugh is sick. I honestly have no words.
As it was unfolding in front of us we were just stunned. Angry, but stunned. You're right, the whole thing is awful but the drying it was just sick and twisted.
As others have said, she then buggered off to Edinburgh and deleted everything. Gaslighting all the Squiggles into doubting it had ever happened.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Unbelievable, I knew most of the story but genuinely had no idea about the hairdryer part. I am...just...speechless. HOW just HOW did this get completely glossed over on SM at the time???

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.