Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As someone active in both those topics it made me hoot but also think about the fact that about 10 years ago I was a complete Moran fangirl.
Babe, same. My eyes starting opening when I watched the first two episodes of 'Raised by wolves'. Seeing her life there on screen and realising how ludicrous it all was and how the story just seemed a completely exaggerated version of a kernel of truth made me look a bit deeper and read her body of work more critically. It led to the inevitable conclusion that she's as shallow as something very shallow (I'm no good at similes) and hasn't got the foggiest what feminism actually is.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
a
I hadn't even seen your post when I typed it so it wasn't a dig!

Tonnes of the East ones are in her columns online. I've made absolutely loads from it or the ones online that aren't in the book. I really recommend her.
Me too. Love her-she does a squash & sweetcorn curry that I’ve made (didn’t have squash so just did sweetcorn)-the flavour was insane. I see Linda McCartney’s also used avant garde vegan over on insta-there are so many brilliant young chefs around now-yet it’s the same old tit photographed on that sodding marble wrapping paper & dumped in one of her million bowls with Jack. Never looks good & I’ve never had a decent recipe for jack (I bought veganish back when I didn’t know what a grifter she is).

Reactions: 25
Babe, same. My eyes starting opening when I watched the first two episodes of 'Raised by wolves'. Seeing her life there on screen and realising how ludicrous it all was and how the story just seemed a completely exaggerated version of a kernel of truth made me look a bit deeper and read her body of work more critically. It led to the inevitable conclusion that she's as shallow as something very shallow (I'm no good at similes) and hasn't got the foggiest what feminism actually is.
Totally agree it’s sooooo exaggerated!

Reactions: 22
CM and her egregious dickheadedness is a hill I've been dying on for 28 years now. Two cheeks of the same arse, her and Monroe.
I hope this isn’t too Eamonn-Holmes-Is-My-Cousin, but...

My good friend went to Caitlin’s house for tea (as a thank you for a favour my friend had done), and reports back that Caitlin is delightful in person.

My friend is a bit of a star fucker though, so there is that.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
The floofle might be someone else’s IP, Jack and the robot bloke need to be careful. My kid has a lot of “how to draw cute cartoon characters” type books, they basically teach you how to copy the pictures in them. The style of the thing and the way SB drew it, pencil first then gone over in pen, look exactly like the pictures my kid produces using those books. Fine for a child’s drawing you stick on the fridge, not so great if an adult is claiming it as an original design.
Hmm, looks familiar!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I wonder if it is a tactic with Jack re sponsorship with companies. Do the bare minimum at the beginning of the campaign, and do even that in a half arsed fashion, then sort of by mutual consent the project is very quietly dropped and forgotten. Meanwhile emails from the company consistently ignored while Jack on twitter does a performative 'illness'. Company feels they can't pursue it.
Now that I think about it, she doesn't ever seem to work with the same company twice, or have the sort of long-term, ongoing collaborations that other influencers do. Not the best business model, is it?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Noooooo, we must be able to report this, when did she rejoin the non binary bandwagon, this is a wind up? Right? Or just fake new
I've emailed the organiser. If I'm 🔺 by JM because of it then they are getting the GDPR book thrown at them.

ETA - fair play to them, they've already replied to a DM and are going to change it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Now that I think about it, she doesn't ever seem to work with the same company twice, or have the sort of long-term, ongoing collaborations that other influencers do. Not the best business model, is it?
I really am starting to think a lot of Jack's public histrionics aren't for twitter followers at all (or indeed Tattle), but to put off her sponsors and collaborators metaphorically pounding at the door.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
20210120_144427.jpg

I never thought I'd appreciate angry vegans this much. Thanks for bringing me and my vegan cousins together in solidarity, Jack 🤍

• Haha
Reactions: 69
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.