Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate to sound like a witch because I love cats and my goal in life is to be a crazy cat lady once all my children have left home but even I’m bored of the “catto” pics. Yes Jack, your cat does cat things like all cats do :sleep:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I've just revisited Thread #31. Had to laugh when @MrsOgre asked (before the chaos) 'I hope I haven't missed anything exciting'?

Then @FrumpyCat referring to the This Morning gig as, 'the media equivalent to a pity duck'.

@Harrybosch wins legend status with all posts.

But I love @heretoreaditall2019 refer to Tattle as, 'our yard'.

Now I am off for a piss and a sandwich. Thank (space) you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Catto means she's reading here, no? We do it to take the piss. Reddit wankers say kitteh and doggo, haven't seen catto in the wild before

ETA: I mean, not that this is new information...Hi Jack! You're a bellend!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
in my capacity as a List Expert, i have to say that looks more like a shopping or ingredients list than a to do list babe.

also omg coopsy's fangies! nawww! i still love him! 😺😻

• Haha
Reactions: 38
If the Guardian have directly quoted Jack they’re not to blame I don’t get it? ^head scratch^ She however needs to think more about the language she uses and that these foster children and their parents who’ve often made extremely distressing and difficult choices are the exact same people she’s supposedly advocating for. Dick.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
This is such a good point. Thank you. I think like everyone else, my upset over the use of the word “feral” is bigger than our issues with Jack. It’s (for want of a better word) unacceptable to see it used in a national newspaper in this way. And so this is what I’d like to do now, knowing that the Guardian themselves won’t help, find a meaningful way to challenge this kind of language. Seriously, thank you. Are there any charities in particular you would recommend? I understand if you don’t want to answer that, and I’ll happily research myself, I just want to get this right.
To be honest I have not a clue, but I’d bet that there would be some. There are a few slabs SLEBS who were fostered as kids who are vocal about it which is why I reckon there are people already working on it.
There was a boo-bar HOO HAR in Dec about an “edgy” paper chase card with a cartoon of a parent saying something like “I’ll take you back to the children’s home”. Big twitter storm, off the shelves within 24hours plus an apology from paper chase.
And no, even if you gave the The Graun all of our receipts, it does not change the fact that she said it, so they printed it. Press/media law is super complex and quite dull but I’d bet my UC that I’m correct on this point.

Edit: this pointy bastard 🥕

Reactions: 33
[QUOTE="jenny2603, post: 3593929, member:
it is like the Wilful Misunderstanding Olympics.
[/QUOTE]
Thread title nominate! And @jenny2603 has been doing serious funnies of late 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 29
It's funny how Jack never forgets to turn up to a paid media appearance, never forgets to promote herself at every turn but then 'forgets' to send her Patreon backers anything at all and steadfastly ignores them.

I didn't realise that ADHD was selective.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I might have said this before but my ex does this. When I have a stalk (I like to make myself cringe apparently) it changes on a weekly basis. One week he’s writing a book (never happened), the next he’s a mental health influencer aka puts a link to a website on there 🥴 What does it MEAN?! Is it narcy? Is it insecurity? Is it trying to fit what is in vogue from week to week on SM?! Either way, totally cringe and just ick inducing.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.