Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good to see a squiggle with a long standing account (not a troll, got some good stuff on their page) saying this. It’s all gone very quiet otherwise, either a fuss made over very little thanks to jack or it’s coming out in the media-although I think it’s dragged on a bit now. Either way, Jack is a bastard drama Queen.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
If only we could have swears. Jack Monroe is a self serving arse, be careful, would make a great thread title.
She really shouldn’t still have a career or profile after all this time. Her USP is long gone. I’m forever seeing “mum feeds family for 10p a meal” type news stories. She doesn't even have decent social media game.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Just saw this on Twitter and had to share with my frauen:

butter.jpg

I know it's from weeks ago but it's popped up again now because singing Internet drama guy (@Lubalin) has just done a version. Apologies if someone shared it here back in December; I took a break over the holidays (I LEFT!) and couldn't grunk the whole thing. I did just go through many, many pages from around those dates, doing a forensic search for the word 'butter' to avoid doubling up, so fingers crossed. Related: @Brian Butterfield if you could either change your user name or just duck OFF that would really make my life easier.

Here is a mid-performance shot of @Lubalin from Twitter in case you want to check him out. I cannot recommend this highly enough.

Lubalin.jpg

I am SO SORRY for butter-checking back in December and not here. On catching up, I now see that butter thing has been posted one million times; had no idea it had been shared by JM herself. How impishly self-deprecating of her.

Anyway, onward:

@DorothyZbornak said:
De-lurking at last (been reading since April/Thread 2 when the THAT MAN meltdown caused me to dig a bit deeper on JM and reader, I could not believe the AUDACITY) as I currently spend a minimum of 42 hours a day on Tattle so a few posts can’t hurt now and then.

Anyway I have time travelled from the past (need to grunk about 20 pages to catch up on all the latest RM craic) to bring you Jack’s appearance on Dr Ruby’s show:
[...]
To be fair to Jack, this is one of her less cringey tv appearances, but still plenty of material for Bootstrap Bingo™️ which is after all the shizz that we sad little Hausfrauen live for.

ETA I see other more learned Frauen have beat me to it on the Dr Rupy scoop! Credit to @NP
Just want to say how glorious it is when 'new' people de-lurk and are immediately fluent in all the lingo. ONE OF US! and all that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Ffs, Jack what the actual?

(it has taken me this long to do all the ironing, It seems all the items in the house needed ironing.)

Firstly you take fake pictures of yourself pretending to be asleep with your cat. I don’t know where to begin with this but please stop. Like @Walkdengirl Ina is my food crush. To even think of someone like her doing this would be horrific. Get a grip.

Secondly, you continue to stretch the space-time continuum so that what is 4/5 weeks for the rest of us is now a good 6 weeks for you. Be a doll and stretch it to November so we can all have had our vaccine and this shitshow be over.

Then you
state in your appalling review of Nigella’s book that her opening paragraph did more to make you love food again after anorexia than any doctor or counsellor could. This is dangerous and is extremely misleading. It is along the same lines of you implying that a robot picture is better able to help you stay sober than any formal support. Please stop with this harmful and triggering misinformation.

Finally, you have pissed me off so much that I have taken to watch some dodgy Scottish male cleaning account on insta and now lurk his thread on tattle. Why, Jack , why? Why couldn’t you just stay in your lain (😏).

(just realised my posts always talk to Jack. Why is that? Maybe because subconsciously I think she reads here so think what I write will have an effect. I am as deluded as she is.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Jack was probably triggered because Roadside Mum had blue tickers/ high profile people reaching out with advice and sympathy / concern - Vic Derbyshire, George Monbiot and an unnamed comedian.

Jack's forever fishing for attention from blue tickers with her OTT teenage drama and angst, and the most she gets is a brush off reply or a "like".
Yes. The blue tickers understood that Roadside Mum found herself at the center of a storm with which she was ill-equipped to cope (because she's not media trained, and having not been through this before etc). And so had some words of wisdom and support for her.

Unlike Jack, who really seems to have just been whipping her up and then backing away.

Grot.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

TRIGGER WARNING: it contains a direct reference to her fingernails: I carefully underscored words with an absent-minded fingernail (imagine the state of the book after that). Also her seduction technique is mentioned. Tread carefully...
I don't understand how one can do something both carefully and absentmindedly. I really feel like she sometimes chooses words more for their sound than their actual meaning.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I don't understand how one can do something both carefully and absentmindedly. I really feel like she sometimes chooses words more for their sound than their actual meaning.
And what does "travailed my spice shelves" mean? Even leaving aside that during all this "travailling", she was whispering aloud in a language of love and longing, which is just weird and ick.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
Wait.... she's had Covid for 6 weeks now? So... since first week in December This is Even Longer Covid.
Good morning I was all fired up to post the COVID timeline but you are all on it. Skilz.

I am thinking after looking at the rice that SB might prefer proper meals to a promise of a big house in the future... omg give him a proper dinner, maybe some fish from the freezer?

In other news we lined up at a dusty PCR test centre yesterday to get my kids tested and they both got their negative results in the night, so we are just looking at a few more days in quarantine until we can go back to school, thank goodness.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Good morning I was all fired up to post the COVID timeline but you are all on it. Skilz.

I am thinking after looking at the rice that SB might prefer proper meals to a promise of a big house in the future... omg give him a proper dinner, maybe some fish from the freezer?

In other news we lined up at a dusty PCR test centre yesterday to get my kids tested and they both got their negative results in the night, so we are just looking at a few more days in quarantine until we can go back to school, thank goodness.
Really pleased to hear that, waffle maker! Good news x

• Heart
Reactions: 24
So Jack has completely derailed Roadside mum’s momentum on Twitter, wound her up so she lashed out a bit with the understandable frustration of dealing with a large corporate that doesn’t really care and now the big reveal and I think Twitter has harshly moved on. She had managed to do something but Jack got her expecting a lot more. I also don’t think the letter was aimed at her, an anonymous Twitter user, her reach only goes so far.

ETA if she has proof that they lied just publish it - and they will apologise for the miscommunication and that will be it - it’s not going to get them sacked from all their contracts. Sadly

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Ffs, Jack what the actual?

(it has taken me this long to do all the ironing, It seems all the items in the house needed ironing.)

Firstly you take fake pictures of yourself pretending to be asleep with your cat. I don’t know where to begin with this but please stop. Like @Walkdengirl Ina is my food crush. To even think of someone like her doing this would be horrific. Get a grip.

Secondly, you continue to stretch the space-time continuum so that what is 4/5 weeks for the rest of us is now a good 6 weeks for you. Be a doll and stretch it to November so we can all have had our vaccine and this shitshow be over.

Then you
state in your appalling review of Nigella’s book that her opening paragraph did more to make you love food again after anorexia than any doctor or counsellor could. This is dangerous and is extremely misleading. It is along the same lines of you implying that a robot picture is better able to help you stay sober than any formal support. Please stop with this harmful and triggering misinformation.

Finally, you have pissed me off so much that I have taken to watch some dodgy Scottish male cleaning account on insta and now lurk his thread on tattle. Why, Jack , why? Why couldn’t you just stay in your lain (😏).

(just realised my posts always talk to Jack. Why is that? Maybe because subconsciously I think she reads here so think what I write will have an effect. I am as deluded as she is.)
See you at Mario’s! ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.