Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The private school meals thing is a faux class war distraction anyway. Kids at private schools shouldn’t get tit meals because the FSM meals are inadequate, all kids should get proper food. Having worked at at one fancy school and several bog standard comprehensives, I can report that primary kids will mostly eat a nice hot meal if you provide it and secondary kids will mostly pick the closet thing to pizza and chips, whatever nutritionalist designed banquet is offered. I started teaching when turkey twizlers were on the menu and the kids devoured them!

edit to correct spelling of turkey twizlers!
Agree. Reminds me of when the tabloids were up in arms about kids in secure custody getting a ‘better’ education...

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Morning guys ! Well I started in on thread 31 last night I actually did a real life jump scare jump when she rocked up 🙈😂 am still only half way through as she got me so annoyed I had to read something nice before I could sleep 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
The big question I have is who sent the private school letter. My son's school takes a very dim view of their letters either by them or their outside resources being used in sm. They often write please do not copy or share at the bottom.

It's no ones business what goes on in your child's school as long as there is no serious harm intended. I think the original sender is at fault here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 37
I have a friend who became not famous but in the public eye in certain circles a few years ago. 🔺. She told me recently that all her social media was handed over to someone else a while back. She doesn’t get ANYTHING like the amount of comments JM does. I still follow her on socials and everything seems to me, someone who knows her very well, just like before. Even her personal Facebook is handed over but family pics etc are put on occasionally. This is what Caroline’s hands could be very suitably doing, at home, whatever her personal situation is, to allow Jack to write books, test recipes, sleep, do interviews and campaign. She definitely used to sometimes do Instagram, but there is more work to be done especially if Jack is paying her anyway. Most of us here could do a passable job of writing in Jack’s style but keeping it professional, helpful and not rude and we haven’t even met her.

Reactions: 55
What happened to the much vaunted #lockdownlarder 2.0? Haven't seen much of that at all.

Almost certain that #thundertwatting will go much the same way. We shall see.

She really has no follow-through*, does she?

*except after a night of whatever she's just bunged in a curry, obv :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I’m a bit concerned about the fishos.

Having not eaten them for a number of years, I need some reminding on how long high quality fish should be frozen for.

Given she got covid 19 weeks ago, surely the fish have been in there a fair while?

I may be way off the mark here, I do live in the North where pretty much everything is frozen for months on end according to MSM.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
What happened to the much vaunted #lockdownlarder 2.0? Haven't seen much of that at all.

Almost certain that #thundertwatting will go much the same way. We shall see.

She really has no follow-through*, does she?

*except after a night of whatever she's just bunged in a curry, obv :ROFLMAO:
Jack is only human. She cannot reasonably be expected to exploit the school food issue for her own selfish ends, do all that top secret behind the scenes work, thunderflap AND do lockdown larder. If she tried to do all that once half her social media would just be pictures of her sleeping.

• Haha
Reactions: 47

Having not eaten them for a number of years, I need some reminding on how long high quality fish should be frozen for.

Given she got covid 19 weeks ago, surely the fish have been in there a fair while?

I may be way off the mark here, I do live in the North where pretty much everything is frozen for months on end according to MSM.
A few months, I think. That said, I think the age of some of the things in my freezer would terrify even Jack.

Let's hope that she isn't so depleted from her long covid and her having to stay angry that she doesn't get round to the fishies eventually!

Reactions: 18
Jack is only human. She cannot reasonably be expected to exploit the school food issue for her own selfish ends, do all that top secret behind the scenes work, thunderflap AND do lockdown larder. If she tried to do all that once half her social media would just be pictures of her sleeping.
"Thunderflap" 😂

I really don't know why she bothers with the lockdown larder thing, it's died a death within days each time. To think she tried to register it as a trademark too 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 45
*How* is it 6 minutes?! Did she not steam the rice first? Is this possible? Disclaimer: back in my student days, I tried to make fried rice with raw rice. It was ... extremely crunchy. In my defence, there was no internet then and thus no way to yell TWITTER HOW DO YOU FRY RICE PLEASE RT FOR WIDER REACH THANKYOU. I had only my own resources, which were apparently lacking.
The only way it could be "6 mins" is if she had made the rice in advance. A cursory google shows me that most Curry rice recipes take 20-30 mins

The only way it could be "6 mins" is if she had made the rice in advance. A cursory google shows me that most Curry rice recipes take 20-30 mins
Quoting myself here but case in point, the curry rice recipe *says* it only takes 12 mins, but when you get to the ingrediants, it says "stale, already cooked rice from the fridge" Curry Fried Rice Recipe (Japanese-style Curry Chahan) (norecipes.com)

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
The fishes arrived the day before Christmas Eve, I think? Though they feel as ancient as trifle-gate, which came to pass on the 24th.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Oh my God the bloody fish.
It's a gift anyone (edit: anyone who eats fish) who enjoys decent food would love.
I feel bad for the company who gifted them, they got a crappy deal.
The quality is deteriorating day by day in the freezer.
It's not remotely in line with zero waste principles or an ethical lifestyle - being respectful of the fact that a once living thing died to become your dinner and people worked hard to get it for you.
Not to mention those annoying unnecessary pouch purchases.
And I'm proper jealous and the fish would be better off with meeeeee .

• Heart
Reactions: 49

I hope the catto has enjoyed a few fishos otherwise they'll just have Jack whispering the language of love at them in their icy prison when she's in one of her food humping phases before making their way to the binno.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I have a friend who became not famous but in the public eye in certain circles a few years ago. 🔺. She told me recently that all her social media was handed over to someone else a while back. She doesn’t get ANYTHING like the amount of comments JM does. I still follow her on socials and everything seems to me, someone who knows her very well, just like before. Even her personal Facebook is handed over but family pics etc are put on occasionally. This is what Caroline’s hands could be very suitably doing, at home, whatever her personal situation is, to allow Jack to write books, test recipes, sleep, do interviews and campaign. She definitely used to sometimes do Instagram, but there is more work to be done especially if Jack is paying her anyway. Most of us here could do a passable job of writing in Jack’s style but keeping it professional, helpful and not rude and we haven’t even met her.
She will never, ever hand her socials over. She needs that constant dopamine hit of likes, retweets and interaction to fuel her narcissism.

It will be her undoing eventually though. That I am sure of.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Surely the people who gave her all that fish are pissed as well she hasnt shared meal ideas with it? I get if its gifted, its not a requirement to advertise it but.. that was a lot of fish!

• Haha
There’s a danger in people like RM seeing MR tweeting something, resulting in a meaningful change. It’s not the same for everyone. He is well known AND politicians seem wary on getting on his wrong side. JM and RM are small fry. It’s frustrating for RM I’m sure, but that’s how things work. Twitter isn’t the real world.

the whole kids being at home has been disorganised chaos. They were given no notice. Lots of staff are off. Existing suppliers might not be suitable for providing things for packed meals. I’ve worked for a trust where lots of the children are on FSM, it’s something they are well skilled at doing and they have more flexibility in purchasing.

And if private school kids are getting fancy meals I’m sure they are bleeping paying for it. I know people paying over £100k for their kids education, they wouldn’t pay if their kids weren’t being fed, schools are a business like any other. If they pay for something then they should expect to get it. You wouldn’t get a tit meal in a restaurant and they say ‘the free school meals are tit so tough’.

Reactions: 46
The fish was such a waste, but it shows how silly a lot of companies who 'gift' things like that are. Would you give the slop monster quality ingredients based on what she posts? I certainly wouldn't.

Can't believe she's still trying to reproduce the 'bae caught me slippin' meme though 😂 It's so weird. Who wants to see people fake sleeping, and why is there supposedly a mystery sleep snapper in her house. I'd tell my child to bog off and ban her from the phone, if she started that nonsense, not post the results for all and sundry!

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.