Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ignoring the fact it’s clearly disgusting, you wouldn’t even bother keeping that as leftovers from a takeaway? It’s about 4 spoonfuls of bitty dregs?
That's the problem with her 'portions'. She's always making several portions then going back and wolfing the lot. If it takes four portions of something to fill you up, then there is something very wrong with your portions and therefore the cost per portion.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
I've had covid (normal, not long) and I experienced thirst like never before. Googled it, seems to be a common symptom, drank lots, then it stopped. No Twitter poll was needed during my bog standard covid. I understand I'm not as special as some.
😱 what? Your not smol and pixie like special?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The fried curry rice ‘took all of six minutes’.
1. Go outside.
2. Get a spade from the shed.
3. Drag it along the gravel.
4. Serve it on a bed of tin.
Job done.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
Ignoring the fact it’s clearly disgusting, you wouldn’t even bother keeping that as leftovers from a takeaway? It’s about 4 spoonfuls of bitty dregs?
It looks so horribly greasy :sick:

I feel sorry for Roadside Mum now. Twitter fame seems a fleeting and rancid thing {{{trying to stop myself making a joke about that rice thing}}} and you can feel like you actually have achieved something for a few days. But momentum goes and people get bored and move onto the next thing. I really think RM could reveal the biggest thing ever now about the situation and there would be a collective 🤷‍♀️ The problem is she obviously actually cares deeply about Free School Meals and it obviously, naturally, has got to her, and other people losing interest must be frustrating and a bit bewildering.
Jack is a twitter success because she is a shapeshifter, doesn't care about much apart from self promotion, and moves quickly onto the next big attention grabbing thing. She also relies on people having short memories and not joining the dots.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
1. Go outside.
Job done.
5. Add some eucalyptus stalks from the garden shower for greenery.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
The private school meals thing is a faux class war distraction anyway. Kids at private schools shouldn’t get tit meals because the FSM meals are inadequate, all kids should get proper food. Having worked at at one fancy school and several bog standard comprehensives, I can report that primary kids will mostly eat a nice hot meal if you provide it and secondary kids will mostly pick the closet thing to pizza and chips, whatever nutritionalist designed banquet is offered. I started teaching when turkey twizlers were on the menu and the kids devoured them!

edit to correct spelling of turkey twizlers!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
1. Go outside.
Job done.
*How* is it 6 minutes?! Did she not steam the rice first? Is this possible? Disclaimer: back in my student days, I tried to make fried rice with raw rice. It was ... extremely crunchy. In my defence, there was no internet then and thus no way to yell TWITTER HOW DO YOU FRY RICE PLEASE RT FOR WIDER REACH THANKYOU. I had only my own resources, which were apparently lacking.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
The private school meals thing is a faux class war distraction anyway. Kids at private schools shouldn’t get tit meals because the FSM meals are inadequate, all kids should get proper food. Having worked at at one fancy school and several bog standard comprehensives, I can report that primary kids will mostly eat a nice hot meal if you provide it and secondary kids will mostly pick the closet thing to pizza and chips, whatever nutritionalist designed banquet is offered. I started teaching when turkey twirlers were on the menu and the kids devoured them!
Ahhh Turkey twizzlers
They recently brought them back they dont taste the same. Took all the badness out them

THAT MAN again

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
She could have put some pineapple in that fried rice to make sweet and sour fried rice.

Or not.
I love pinapple fried rice (which I make whenever M&S has fresh pineaple as their fruit on offer :)) ! Actually made it yesterday night :) (with cashews, red pepper, spring onion, garlic, lime, tofu,soy sauce and some coriander leaves).

Her fried rice looks boring. Nothing interesting going on. It's like she doesn't even try to make it look appealing

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I was really confused for ages about what a Brexit tin is. In my head I saw it as a biscuit tin with BREXIT written on it which Louisa liked so much that she ran off with it when SHE LEFT. But now I realise you guys meant her apocalypse tin(can cook)s.

The imagery of Louisa running off with a Brexit biscuit tin under her arms as Jack wails and howls and claws at the floor is pretty hilar though.

1611043426480.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I love pinapple fried rice (which I make whenever M&S has fresh pinaple as their fruit on offer :)) ! Actually made it yesterday night :) (with cashews, red pepper, spring onion, garlic, lime, tofu,soy sauce and some coriander leaves).

Her fried rice looks boring. Nothing interesting going on. It's like she doesn't even try to make it look appealing
Oh, I really want this now! I have everything but the pineapple. Can I use a banana instead?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Oh, I really want this now! I have everything but the pineapple. Can I use a banana instead?
Of course x They're both yellow. If you don't have rice, just use coucous or porridge, whatever is in your cupboard, it's all the same. If you want more of this free advice, feel free to pop something in my tip jar

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
Serious answer: I would not do it and make something else with banana, as the pineapple is quite integrap to the sweet/sour taste

Jack answer: Yes, absolutely! x Now have told you I was once POOR?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.