Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack's thirsty because when you keep spouting diarrhea you lose more fluid than you'd think (I know it's verbal diarrhea in her case, but still)

• Haha
Reactions: 35
That Nigella piece 🤢. The gap between Jack’s writing and her speaking when interviewed is, erm, pretty big. Most writers are fairly articulate when speaking, even if their writing is more concise or beautiful etc, which makes sense as writing is their main skill. Or like with Nigella you can hear her voice when you’re reading her book. Whereas with Jack it’s more-

Recipe: flowery prose and gently, lovingly written as if Jack lives peripatetically in a previous century, with lots of commas and the soft inclusion of words, to which it’s just forensically possible she doesn’t quite understand the mendacious meaning of.

Interview: <something incoherent and quavering> then MY GRANDAD IS DEAD!
Most writers except really bad ones like Jack have their own voice and style. Jack seems to just decide she wants to sound all sensuous like Nigella and then tries and fails to write in that style. With Nigella's writing you're getting part of her personality, Jack is just bad cosplay who can't find her own style because she doesn't know who she is. She'd be better just writing and proofreading functional recipes that don't leave the reader wondering where the hell the hitherto unmentioned chickpeas came from.

Do you think the MR letter has also lead her to believe this, it sounds a bit like she's been shafted or have I got it wrong. Please tell me if I have.
I'm honestly not sure. Though no doubt a certain smol pixie is encouraging her to take everything personally.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
So I read Roadside’s thread. She says Charwells knew it was her hamper, her school etc early last week. But have been slating her behind her back. Not interested in change/feeding kids. At the end she reposts the Jack tweet with the private school letter.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
No problem - and thank you!

Well, along with all the other 'mere' female members of her family (I notice that the only women she's mentioned are her long suffering mother when a nurse is required for the current narrative and her blessed Auntie with oodles of dosh in a mansion in the West Devon area), there's at least two grandmothers she never mentions. So there's still time to find one in the family tree.

I'm sure that there was mention in earlier threads that she had started following some Traveller accounts. I wonder whether a) it's in the offing as a new revelation or b) whether she was cultivating an interest in the demographic a tweeter for some reason?
Her grandmother is June Whitfield sure!
She must miss the days when her popularity was at its peak. That cheers me up a bit.
Thank you lovely Fraus for the continued hilarious commentary on this despicable human being. I lurk lots and often hoot up a lung in the dead of night whilst feeding a VSB. You all rock. X

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
The very first time I cringed at het writing was Self-love stew. Not sure if I didn't read her as much before, or if she then still sometimes had some (Allegra influenced) decent recipes/suggestions. (I also never liked her verbs for putting it adding things to a pot, e.g. popping or tipping, but assumed that was just me being a foreigner not appreciating the English language 🤣)

Now everything is like self-love stew or worse.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
So I read Roadside’s thread. She says Charwells knew it was her hamper, her school etc early last week. But have been slating her behind her back. Not interested in change/feeding kids. At the end she reposts the Jack tweet with the private school letter.
In other words Jack finally got someone to bite. She's been desperate to find another angle on it for her own self- aggrandisement since the issue broke and this is what she's come up with. That letter just looks like a bland "ooops sorry, now nothing to see here" PR job to placate any parents who might have complained. It's Jack that inferred it was gaslighting and written with the intent of discrediting Roadside Mum. No wonder the grown ups on the campaign want nothing to do with her. Bloody snake.

ETA: I'm assuming this nonsense has derailed the call Roadside was meant to have with Chartwells today.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Jack is an absolute snake 🐍 she has absolutely stirred up discord there. She NEEDS the drama

Marcus Rashford & Tom Kerridge are doing the right thing by just ignoring her

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
Jack is an absolute snake 🐍 she has absolutely stirred up discord there. She NEEDS the drama

Marcus Rashford & Tom Kerridge are doing the right thing by just ignoring her
Yep. It's very telling that today she has completely backed off the topic and is posting cattos and sleeping pics, leaving others to pick up the pieces of the chaos she instigated.

Jack gets paid and that's what matters.

I just feel so sorry for everyone she damages.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 76
Yep. It's very telling that today she has completely backed off the topic and is posting cattos and sleeping pics, leaving others to pick up the pieces of the chaos she instigated.

Jack gets paid and that's what matters.
I was nosing around the Chartwells twitter account and they're still being sent pictures of food parcels of a poor standard. The problem is many of them haven't come from Chartwells but one of the other private suppliers who must be delighted to see their rival getting the blame for everything. I am surprised our FORENSIC pixie hasn't been exposing the other firms involved today because I know she cares passionately about this issue.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
Honestly if the 5/10 days was the cause of the upset there are a million different ways to deal with that which are not this way!
I really don’t get the “they don’t care about kids” I really wouldn’t expect them to. I expect most corporate capitalist companies to generate profit and do a bit of pr on the side to make out like they care (and get a tax break) chuck out the old pride rainbow logo once a year...it’s all just marketing.
And this all stinks of #gifted fish and tinned fruit

Edit to add- alright @Switchstreetz shark eyes
and spacing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
It is the ten days thing. The school emailed to say the food was for ten days so clearly something has gone wrong between the school and Chartwells, so she right in that Chartwells and/or the school need to explain where the 10 day thing came from and apologise.

Ah I hadn’t seen this, but it fits my theory. It sounds like on the original phone call Chartwells did explain to her it was a 5 day package and unacceptable so it’s coming across a bit like she’s chasing them expecting them to be hugely apologetic about a mistake her school made which I doubt will happen.

I’m not judging her for that as I can understand why she’s upset and why the letter felt like a dig, it must feel really crappy to have found out you’ve been misled after the tweet has gone completely viral - but it does seem a bit pointless which is why MSM didn’t pick it up. It would all be incredibly frustrating for her, especially with JM manipulating in the background.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Ah I hadn’t seen this, but it fits my theory. It sounds like on the original phone call Chartwells did explain to her it was a 5 day package and unacceptable so it’s coming across a bit like she’s chasing them expecting them to be hugely apologetic about a mistake her school made which I doubt will happen.

I can understand why she’s upset and why the letter felt like a dig, it must feel really crappy to have found out you’ve been misled after the tweet has gone completely viral. Especially with JM manipulating in the background.
It shite I think Roadside Mum might have got a bit further with them today if she'd kept her powder dry instead of letting Jack wind her up. Jack is bloody toxic.

Reactions: 44
It shite I think Roadside Mum might have got a bit further with them today if she'd kept her powder dry instead of letting Jack wind her up. Jack is bloody toxic.
My partner is re-watching GOT and jack reminds me of little finger right now...... or should I say smol finger....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.