Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't - that was at JM, not you at all (I thought I was updating my earlier post and somebody else got in there just as I hit send).
Wah apologies Dragon. Got the completely wrong end of the stick. I have never been so startled in my life. Can't believe I have caused a Jack style chaos- she must be getting to me! Sorry for dragging you in.

As for the point you were actually making. Yes she is curiously selective about her causes, though I am slightly surprised she hasn't added being of travelling stock to her origin story because just about everything else is in there. I wonder if her origin story is now approaching it's complete and final form?

• Heart
Reactions: 90
The drinking of more liquids is a possible post covid thing. Equally it could be anything else.
I suppose it depends on what date the test result confirmed she had the actual covid as to whether it’s likely that covid-based investigations should be made by her GP. Hope the test result isn’t in the skip!

I agree it’s a fine line with Roadside Mum and it’s easy to stray too far when discussing.
Whether she is an hole or not I don’t know or care, I do worry that she is playing with Fire and I question Monroe’s influence on her.

Edit 🥕🥕🥕

Reactions: 34
I feel like maybe we should go on some sort of strike..... like a concerted effort to not post for 24 hours or something no matter what chaos ensues. We could make a token donation to a specified charity on the day and use it for our mental health to turn off jack

i feel like feb 1st ‘national sickie day’ seems like the natural choice.

it would be like one of those 24 hour fasts you do for charity as a teenager then get a chippy after.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I feel like maybe we should go on some sort of strike..... like a concerted effort to not post for 24 hours or something no matter what chaos ensues. We could make a token donation to a specified charity on the day and use it for our mental health to turn off jack

i feel like feb 1st ‘national sickie day’ seems like the natural choice.

it would be like one of those 24 hour fasts you do for charity as a teenager then get a chippy after.
24 hours pent up posts would break Tattle, if not the entire internet when they were all uploaded at a minute past midnight.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I’m agreeing with you Alan, despite me probably also punching down at various stages. Your post gave me pause, and I think you’re absolutely right that there’s a limit to what we should be aiming at RM. Unfortunately I feel like she’s going to be as disappointed with Jack as she is with Chartwells quite soon.

What I love about these threads is that we tend to self-regulate. Someone will neatly point something out, and it makes me reevaluate my thoughts. It’s like Lord of the Flies but without the murder 🥳
I think we all get carried away with our truthing whether it’s out of indignation or finding humour and sure I see the problems here but when it starts to get a bit too focused on someone who isn’t the star of the show we probs are getting diverted by the Monroe behind the curtain somewhat huh
@Alansbigplate One of your previous comments made me realise I was being a cynical hole about Roadside Mum - I went back and got an ill-judged comment I made removed, so thanks for giving my head a wobble. xx
hey I’m only saying it made me feel a bit eurgh at points reading things through because you know me I say what I think and post some weird gifs that’s all I know. No judgement or attempted thread moderating meant, just felt like what we know is the woman’s kids need properly fed and whatever we don’t know probably ain’t as important as that at this stage 🥰
Hey @Alansbigplate I just took note that @BlendedSlop has League of Gents no1 job club leader Pauline as their avatar.
Monroe gets a bit protective over pens as well, hint HINT
no suitable gifs sadly 😬

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
It's an excellent nigella book, I love reading it with a mug of tea on the go, or even better a glass of wine
aye, I need it!

I know this isn't f+d (and I'm well aware that my food pics there haven't been a showcase of the best of my skills but that's 2020/1 for you) but here is our Nigella Section (all from muddy puddles charity shops.) the cute tiny glass bottles were from a shop in Alston, Cumbria (inspo for the league of gentlemen) sorry about the dust, it's like something from 4 in a bed 🥴

20210118_220640.jpg

also, we have Paul hollywood on food network on in the background and he keeps talking about butter. so fuckin elitist

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Sounds like she’s become a diabetic ? 🤷‍♀️ I believe Covid can cause such damage. But would be post ITU admission like ???
I've had covid (normal, not long) and I experienced thirst like never before. Googled it, seems to be a common symptom, drank lots, then it stopped. No Twitter poll was needed during my bog standard covid. I understand I'm not as special as some.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Wah apologies Dragon. Got the completely wrong end of the stick. I have never been so startled in my life. Can't believe I have caused a Jack style chaos- she must be getting to me! Sorry for dragging you in.

As for the point you were actually making. Yes she is curiously selective about her causes, though I am slightly surprised she hasn't added being of travelling stock to her origin story because just about everything else is in there. I wonder if her origin story is now approaching it's complete and final form?
No problem - and thank you!

Well, along with all the other 'mere' female members of her family (I notice that the only women she's mentioned are her long suffering mother when a nurse is required for the current narrative and her blessed Auntie with oodles of dosh in a mansion in the West Devon area), there's at least two grandmothers she never mentions. So there's still time to find one in the family tree.

I'm sure that there was mention in earlier threads that she had started following some Traveller accounts. I wonder whether a) it's in the offing as a new revelation or b) whether she was cultivating an interest in the demographic a tweeter for some reason?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Fs. She's bang your head off a brick wall type awful these days. Now we're back to asking about long covid symptoms. Before that it was constant burnout symptoms. How anyone follows her without bellowing duck OFF in her general direction once in a while I do not know. Truly unbearable
Agree. it is exactly 5 weeks today that SB was told to self-isolate due to someone at school having Covid 19.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
So they had a tantrum for no reason. Don't toddlers do that. Also the whole 20 pound benefit thingy, was only temporary and everyone knew that so why bang on about it's the same way we arent going to be furloughed forever.

I get it means a lot to people 20 pounds means alot to me, but the government gave it out and said for a short while. They haven't taken more money from what they already receive. I don't agree with it, but understand it.

Reactions: 14
Agree. it is exactly 5 weeks today that SB was told to self-isolate due to someone at school having Covid 19.
That was all such weird timing. SB told to isolate, the next day BB succumbs then of course Jack gets the longest and ouchiest case of Covid ever recorded.

• Angry
Reactions: 37

This must be how @Silver Linings feels constantly being quoted and raged at 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
37155EBE-9316-49F5-B2FE-E50595BB2D51.png

She seems to be spilling the beans now.... not sure what the issue is yet

• Wow
Arghhhhh, came to post this video but I’ve been beaten by jack.... the shame.

these videos crack me up, unsurprisingly this reminded me of our favourite slacker

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.