Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
5 weeks? I feel like we have long-Monroe
My guess would be one grandma being a Greek Cypriot ya ya and I thought the other was a protelysing type according to the BBC play/story of Jack’s life. Making neither likely candidates as travelling heritage, but you never know 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 34
View attachment 391000
She seems to be spilling the beans now.... not sure what the issue is yet
I feel like it’s hurt pride that they would write to ‘posher parents’ suggesting that ‘people on the internet’ (and she’s taking this to heart to mean herself) may have posted disingenuously. And I think I get that, think I’d feel similarly especially as she’d thought she’d built up a rapport with this Charlie bloke.

ETA I know I sound like a roadside mum apologist, I do think it was just a business decision to send a clarification letter but to her it feels like it was behind her back as she’s so emotionally involved. Chartwells and their sister company are not though.

ETA AGAIN! doesn’t sound like there’s any real tea though!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
662A1042-885E-439E-85CB-2B6024766867.png

Does anyone have the full receipts as there seems to have been some sort of confusion and the reaction to this seems a week late? Why is this such a deal breaker a week later when they said themselves it wasn’t the right standard?

Reactions: 39
Slightly Off topic but do you think the sausages sold by Hilary Briss are higher or lower quality than Brenda’s bangers?

Jack only uses the lowest possible quality sausages and so is excluded from this pointless question

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Arghhhhh, came to post this video but I’ve been beaten by jack.... the shame.

these videos crack me up, unsurprisingly this reminded me of our favourite slacker
I couldn’t breathe I was laughing so hard at the hypocrisy.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I was going to do a very long forensic conspiracy wanker post about how Jack does not now nor has she ever had COVID also known as COVID-19 caused by the novel coronavirus (or the 'rona) like her housemate and known criminal Louisa Compton but I cba. She's a joke. It's despicable of her to use long COVID as a ploy to get attention and have people feel sorry for her when it's a real and frightening thing that people are experiencing, something that nobody knows how to deal with because it's only just come into existence. Do you know what's better than a non-scientific poll? Talking to a scientific doctor. That won't get you the sweet nectar of social media engagement though, will it? Mammoth twit.

Then just when I think self-isolation can't get worse, @colouredlines posts that Nigella article. I can't believe you've done this. I'll be praying for your soul, dear heart.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
It is the ten days thing. The school emailed to say the food was for ten days so clearly something has gone wrong between the school and Chartwells, so she right in that Chartwells and/or the school need to explain where the 10 day thing came from and apologise.
Perhaps the school thought it was for ten days and wrote it in the school letter regarding it, perhaps there was talk of it being for ten days but then they changed it and forgot to inform the school, who knows?!

I love that this is her job now. No furlough for you @Silver Linings you’ve got hands!
A job she will largely be doing for free?! Seems appropriate.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Deploys “who bleeping knows”
Unless Roadside goes public instead of doing these Facebook fake intrigue type statements like “some ppl r just so fake, well that’s it for me I’m done keeping secrets” type thing we may never know. Hopefully the media have replied “pm me hun x” and an answer is in the offing.

• Haha
Agree. it is exactly 5 weeks today that SB was told to self-isolate due to someone at school having Covid 19.
Haaaaaang on, didn't she then claim she'd been experiencing symptoms for three weeks prior to that?

It's very difficult to make sense of but according to @Harrybosch's Jack Monroevid timeline "... BUT, things are different NOW. She clarified yesterday (December 27) that her symptoms started three weeks ago" during which time she was allegedly symptomatic and yet going out to meetings all over the place and going to supermarkets.

Full timeline is here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Perhaps the school thought it was for ten days and wrote it in the school letter regarding it, perhaps there was talk of it being for ten days but then they changed it and forgot to inform the school, who knows?!
A job she will largely be doing for free?! Seems appropriate.
From what she says on her thread it looks like Chartwells have investigated and verified her school so they've really screwed up in failing to explain this aspect of it. Where I think it's going wrong is Jack heavily implying the Chartwells Independent letter is a veiled dig at Roadside Mum or "gaslighting" rather than an impersonal PR thing regarding all the stuff online about the awful hampers. I can see why she's upset but I really don't think the aim of that letter was to discredit her.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Got a text today of the bank about the 6p overdraft.
Is there any way I can register that Jack Monroe does not represent me? It’s just I need that extra £20 per week in the UC but I can’t bear her getting up in my issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
That Nigella piece 🤢. The gap between Jack’s writing and her speaking when interviewed is, erm, pretty big. Most writers are fairly articulate when speaking, even if their writing is more concise or beautiful etc, which makes sense as writing is their main skill. Or like with Nigella you can hear her voice when you’re reading her book. Whereas with Jack it’s more-

Recipe: flowery prose and gently, lovingly written as if Jack lives peripatetically in a previous century, with lots of commas and the soft inclusion of words, to which it’s just forensically possible she doesn’t quite understand the mendacious meaning of.

Interview: <something incoherent and quavering> then MY GRANDAD IS DEAD!

• Haha
  • Heart
aye, I need it!

I know this isn't f+d (and I'm well aware that my food pics there haven't been a showcase of the best of my skills but that's 2020/1 for you) but here is our Nigella Section (all from muddy puddles charity shops.) the cute tiny glass bottles were from a shop in Alston, Cumbria (inspo for the league of gentlemen) sorry about the dust, it's like something from 4 in a bed 🥴

View attachment 390955

also, we have Paul hollywood on food network on in the background and he keeps talking about butter. so fuckin elitist
I also have a similar nigella collection, when we had the kitchen redone I had shelves built that go the full width of the kitchen which is about 12 foot ish, I'm ashamed to admit that not only are they full, but they are full again after after getting rid of a pile 3 foot high last year (I blame lockdown).

I also adore Ina Garten.

• Heart
  • Wow
I’m still a bit confused about roadsidemum’s bag’o’crap - she says she’s got two children eligible, but doesn’t say if she got two identical bags. Her revelation is hella boring anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
From what she says on her thread it looks like Chartwells have investigated and verified her school so they've really screwed up in failing to explain this aspect of it. Where I think it's going wrong is Jack heavily implying the Chartwells Independent letter is a veiled dig at Roadside Mum or "gaslighting" rather than an impersonal PR thing regarding all the stuff online about the awful hampers. I can see why she's upset but I really don't think the aim of that letter was to discredit her.
Do you think the MR letter has also lead her to believe this, it sounds a bit like she's been shafted or have I got it wrong. Please tell me if I have.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.