Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Struggling to make sense of this really. You can’t say anything about WC without the data to substantiate it? This faux outrage / campaigning against the man TM is what keeps her booked and busy with the John Lewis app but it’s just so grossly inaccurate, idk why her captive Lib Dem boomer fan girls aren’t asking for receipts??

Also my understanding of this £20 UC booster was to appease the new middle class applicants who’d been made redundant? Imo (no data to substantiate this obvs) most traditionally working class jobs have continued throughout the pandemic & have been forced to take on additional risk for no additional pay, I get that UC applicants can be in work but not all WC ppl work jobs that are low paid like Jack seems to infer here?

Why is she such a head ffs

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Wait.... she's had Covid for 6 weeks now? So... since first week in December This is Even Longer Covid.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
Usually when I wake up in the middle of the night dying of thirst it is after I have had a feed of vodka.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
I wondered that. I'm of Irish Traveller background (which is considered a race) and have never heard van life (which I saw her use) used to describe the culture of those who still travel. I've only heard it used by the modern vw type travellers (which I don't believe is classified as a race).

Edit - not making judgement here, just responding to the question.
I've never heard it called that either and I did wonder so thanks for clearing it up.

Reactions: 12
Usually when I wake up in the middle of the night dying of thirst it is after I have had a feed of vodka.
She’s probably just googling long COVID symptoms and posting them as hers. She’s lost any credibility in my eyes, so unless it’s headline proven news in the morning she can carry on with her attention seeking hypochondriac tit as long as she likes

Reactions: 29
I'm just going to park myself here and softly gently quietly wait for things to die down.

Please cabal don't #StayAngry

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
oh thank duck Jack's getting up to some nonsense again! 😭

also a few minutes ago, my eyes drifted (gently, restfully) to the nigella section of our bookshelf only for me to say to mr KCC, "tit, we haven't got how to eat, have we? I need it to fact check some shizzle"
It's an excellent nigella book, I love reading it with a mug of tea on the go, or even better a glass of wine

Reactions: 18
why does this matter?

Thing about Roadside Mum is she’s someone who’s relying on these free school meals and has been shafted. Even if she’s problematic, in whichever way, I feel uncomfortable with a lot of the posts being made about her because she’s not the focus of this thread and is someone who took delivery of a couple of warm frubes and a carrot etc to feed her child/ren with, whether that was for 5/10 days it’s not a space you come from with a sense of self respect and dignity so if she’s fire in her belly I don’t blame her. Jack getting in her head yeah we have a legitimate cause to rail against that, but the rest? I feel like we are punching down.
I’m agreeing with you Alan, despite me probably also punching down at various stages. Your post gave me pause, and I think you’re absolutely right that there’s a limit to what we should be aiming at RM. Unfortunately I feel like she’s going to be as disappointed with Jack as she is with Chartwells quite soon.

What I love about these threads is that we tend to self-regulate. Someone will neatly point something out, and it makes me reevaluate my thoughts. It’s like Lord of the Flies but without the murder 🥳

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 104
of it was diabetes wouldn 't Jack be pissing like a horse every few minutes?
I have been ill since Thursday, after spending all day in bed on Friday (under 2 duvets and still shivering) i eventually surfaced and drank over the next hour or so 4 pints of juice, however I didn't have diabetes, I was just very dehydrated after my fever and I didn't need the loo at all after drinking it all.

If she is drinking that amount and still thirsty, plus weeing a lot she needs to get it checked out. My oh developed kidney problems as part of his covid misery fest.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
@Alansbigplate One of your previous comments made me realise I was being a cynical hole about Roadside Mum - I went back and got an ill-judged comment I made removed, so thanks for giving my head a wobble. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.