Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m leaning towards believing that both RoadsideMum and Chartwells are telling the truth, and something got lost in translation/the schools explanation wasn’t clear so she was told the box was for 10 days but Chartwells always intended it for 5. Depending exactly what she was told, they may be being shits to say she’s misrepresenting it but it’s hardly scandal of the century.
Yes me too, I think it's the most likely explanation. I have no idea why her and Jack are acting like it's the smoking gun that's going to bring Compass crashing down. Chartwells immediately said the box was inadequate for five days, it's not like they're saying it would have been fine for ten.

Reactions: 36
Is that so? This is where we get problems with the broad term "Traveller" and "travelling community" 😕. It would make sense, I've never heard another gypsy refer to their caravan as a "van" before, it isn't a term we use. Vans are things Jack got taken to school in 😂.
Honestly, I just assumed.
The Travellers I know are very private people.

Reactions: 17
why does this matter?

Thing about Roadside Mum is she’s someone who’s relying on these free school meals and has been shafted. Even if she’s problematic, in whichever way, I feel uncomfortable with a lot of the posts being made about her because she’s not the focus of this thread and is someone who took delivery of a couple of warm frubes and a carrot etc to feed her child/ren with, whether that was for 5/10 days it’s not a space you come from with a sense of self respect and dignity so if she’s fire in her belly I don’t blame her. Jack getting in her head yeah we have a legitimate cause to rail against that, but the rest? I feel like we are punching down.
Fair point. On the one hand there's an element of her being fair game, seeing as she's inviting it upon herself and getting all 'Monroe' about it...but on the other hand, if she's in a situation whereby a tiny bit of fame ad fortune might help her out of a tight situation then who can really blame her? - at the end of the day, and without knowing anything about her twitter profile, she's likely got a long way to go until she really, truly matches Monroe's level of grift and general skulduggery..

Reactions: 25
I don't know if that has ever been made clear.

Although it turns out she is another cos player...
As Alan said, it really doesn't matter. She is entitled to FSM and has been treated badly.
I just presumed.
Apologies to anyone offended.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Yes me too, I think it's the most likely explanation. I have no idea why her and Jack are acting like it's the smoking gun that's going to bring Compass crashing down. Chartwells immediately said the box was inadequate for five days, it's not like they're saying it would have been fine for ten.
They really think they are going to bring the company down, the reality is that the company accepted and rectified their mistake ....and the media have moved on!

Chartwells are a huge organisation, they supply catering to loads of schools and other institutions, contracts will be at Individual Establishment, Academy Chain, Local Authority level etc

No matter how much they have messed up there is nobody in the middle of a pandemic thinking... gosh I have some spare time...I know what I’ll do....I’ll look at our organisation’s catering contract and see if anyone could do better!

In the real world, not Jack’s twitter, people are busy and also organisations can make mistakes...it’s how they fix them that counts!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Fair point. On the one hand there's an element of her being fair game, seeing as she's inviting it upon herself and getting all 'Monroe' about it...but on the other hand, if she's in a situation whereby a tiny bit of fame ad fortune might help her out of a tight situation then who can really blame her? - at the end of the day, and without knowing anything about her twitter profile, she's likely got a long way to go until she really, truly matches Monroe's level of grift and general skulduggery..
Yep. She’s not taking money and failing to provide a service or accepting money and goods from a position of relative wealth like Jack. And in a way now we are at the point of saying ‘well she says she’s marginalised but IS SHE THO’. It’s getting as low as ‘do you even deserve that potato for your kids?’ to me. I doubt the woman would be claiming this tit box of food just as a pure gotcha to get some kind of infamy she’s got to be feeling like pure tit about it and just wants proper government support back.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I can see that Roadside Mum would be upset at being discredited, whether malicious or not, but she wouldn’t have even known about it had Jack not snitch-posted that letter. She’s a little bastard grass and I’m certain she’s let things play out the way they have to get Roadside Mum to back off out of her niche, and stop her getting press attention and a Chartwells consultancy because of her temper.
They also didn’t specifically say it was Roadside Mum spreading misinformation in the letter. I can imagine an outlet asking them for a comment and them saying “She had an email from her child’s school saying it was 10 days, that was incorrect and this was the misinformation we mean plus it was shared on twitter by thousands of people with 85 versions of the caption.” and the story goes poof. I can see why she’d think they meant her, but they didn’t actually say her so there’s no legs to it.

I totally agree with what you said about Jack too, I think she knows fine well the story isn’t going anywhere and is enjoying causing a chaos.

Reactions: 36
They really think they are going to bring the company down, the reality is that the company accepted and rectified their mistake ....and the media have moved on!

Chartwells are a huge organisation, they supply catering to loads of schools and other institutions, contracts will be at Individual Establishment, Academy Chain, Local Authority level etc

No matter how much they have messed up there is nobody in the middle of a pandemic thinking... gosh I have some spare time...I know what I’ll do....I’ll look at our organisation’s catering contract and see if anyone could do better!

In the real world, not Jack’s twitter, people are busy and also organisations can make mistakes...it’s how they fix them that counts!
Yes, I'd personally like to see all private companies out of school catering because I think the focus should be on health and equipping children with a good understanding of nutrition, developing healthy habits and so on. But that's a long term goal, the immediate focus needs to be on ensuring children are getting enough to eat.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Roadside Mum is a 'New Age Traveller', isn't she?
Not a Traveller, traveller.
I wondered that. I'm of Irish Traveller background (which is considered a race) and have never heard van life (which I saw her use) used to describe the culture of those who still travel. I've only heard it used by the modern vw type travellers (which I don't believe is classified as a race).

Edit - not making judgement here, just responding to the question.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
why does this matter?

Thing about Roadside Mum is she’s someone who’s relying on these free school meals and has been shafted. Even if she’s problematic, in whichever way, I feel uncomfortable with a lot of the posts being made about her because she’s not the focus of this thread and is someone who took delivery of a couple of warm frubes and a carrot etc to feed her child/ren with, whether that was for 5/10 days it’s not a space you come from with a sense of self respect and dignity so if she’s fire in her belly I don’t blame her. Jack getting in her head yeah we have a legitimate cause to rail against that, but the rest? I feel like we are punching down.

totally. I mean I said this morning this is about jack, not roadside mum and it even got a mod reply to say not to screenshot her. it's just not a good look to be going after a non-celeb. that's what plays into the hands of the "tattle are bullies" crowd

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Fs. She's bang your head off a brick wall type awful these days. Now we're back to asking about long covid symptoms. Before that it was constant burnout symptoms. How anyone follows her without bellowing duck OFF in her general direction once in a while I do not know. Truly unbearable

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Yes, I'd personally like to see all private companies out of school catering because I think the focus should be on health and equipping children with a good understanding of nutrition, developing healthy habits and so on. But that's a long term goal, the immediate focus needs to be on ensuring children are getting enough to eat.
Me too, I think there is a lot of work to do in this area. The challenge is huge as the picture is so mixed across different schools. There are also challenges surrounding what children will eat and the equipment and experience staff have.
I know of a school that employs a qualified chef, he cooks everything from scratch and the school accept additional food donations from a supermarket that would be binned. His food is incredible.

But these two thinking they can get rid of Chartwells with a few angry tweets in the middle of a pandemic is utterly ludicrous.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Me too, I think there is a lot of work to do in this area. The challenge is huge as the picture is so mixed across different schools. There are also challenges surrounding what children will eat and the equipment and experience staff have.
I know of a school that employs a qualified chef, he cooks everything from scratch and the school accept additional food donations from a supermarket that would be binned. His food is incredible.

But these two thinking they can get rid of Chartwells with a few angry tweets in the middle of a pandemic is utterly ludicrous.
Ours is run by the council now and while it’s not perfect, it’s far better than from a big company. It’s big enough to benefit from the massive discounts for huge bulk buying but small and localised enough that they have a good idea of what’s needed in the area.

Reactions: 18
I had a quick peek at Roadside Mum's Twitter page. She uses the word "chumocracy", which Jack has been very fond of this week. I haven't lived in the UK in a very long time - is this word commonly used? Because if not, I get a bit of a sinking feeling...
I have never heard the word before

Reactions: 6
totally. I mean I said this morning this is about jack, not roadside mum and it even got a mod reply to say not to screenshot her. it's just not a good look to be going after a non-celeb. that's what plays into the hands of the "tattle are bullies" crowd
I feel like loads of the dialogue has been relevant and so we’ve had to screenshot it and she’s got a fair following so isn’t an unknown. But we’ve now tarred her with the Jack brush, assumed she’s cosplaying, and it’s like the woman can’t win. I don’t like a lot of her posts from yesterday they weren’t helping the cause and she had made loads of headway catching flies with honey. But when you head down this road it’s a bit unfair knowing this is a person in receipt of FSM for their kids during this time and reliant on them. That’s someone worse off than I am. Jack isn’t, she just makes out like she is. That’s my little rankle really.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.