Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure what I'd do if MrTnk served up unpeeled parsnips. I don't believe the goodness is in the skins

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I'm watching Dr Rupy now. Tell you what, he's always got an excuse not to peel his veg hasn't he?

On topic though her appearance was essentially a selection of obvious advice and a lemon reference. Lemons are 30p Brenda.
A lemon? That’s a bit fancy!

Ah I miss the days of passive aggressive lemons when I thought Jack was just a bit of an idiot on the telly/twitter not a full on grifting hole.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Apologies for using acronyms also. I think it’s a throw back to the Money Saving Expert forum, for me, where every damn thing is an acronym. I started used RSM for Roadside Mum as there was a lot of R’s and M’s floating about but yes, I totally understand that it could get annoying/confusing.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
As do I.

Nor because of any one phrase but something feels off and I can’t put my finger on it.
Weirdly similar style. Who knows why. But whatever the reason, much better to stick to her own authentic voice! One purple prose loving, white hot fury containing smol pixie is quite enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Love the title! Don't love whatever the duck that is happening on twitter (if JM tries to sue Chartwells can we also sue Chartwells for getting all up in our niche of being sued by JM???)

@HotesTilaire just saw your post on #135 (I literally cannot keep up with the threads at this point)

I am currently a member of the antifa anticat brambly mice, hopefully a suitable slop with googly eyes will appear in next few days to replace it with as I'm getting the new profile picture itch 😄 feel free to be my furloughed admin and tag me if you find me a new profile pic 😄😄😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
A2421141-92F4-4399-A5C3-BA64EEFD28AD.png
She’s doubling down and has made up a new hashtag. I was also in the process of squiggling her for some reason and I realised I didn’t need to .

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I had a quick peek at Roadside Mum's Twitter page. She uses the word "chumocracy", which Jack has been very fond of this week. I haven't lived in the UK in a very long time - is this word commonly used? Because if not, I get a bit of a sinking feeling...
I've honestly never used it, nor heard it used 🤷. WTF does it mean anyway? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
No sign of anything yet on the MSM front.
On the plus side I think I may have uncovered what Roadside Mum referred to as the "juicy, dirty, bleeping nasty, full story".

Brace yourselves.

Screenshot 2021-01-18 at 19.52.08.png

It appear Roadside Mum (RM) has (no doubt encouraged by Jack) taken Chartwells claim their boxes were for five days personally. RM has claimed from the start to have received written confirmation that her box was intended for ten days. This could all be quickly resolved by publishing a copy of the written confirmation held by RM (with any personal details squiggled) and then requesting Chartwells explain how this came about and apologise if required. As we haven't seen anything in the MSM to date I can only assume Jack's many, many media contacts have let her down/ been silenced by Chartwells/ made a shrugging motion.

ETA: 1/3 of a thread title. Thankyouverycabalmuchcabal.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
This current drama feels very much like season 8 of a US political series where there’s too many characters and not enough plot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 113
I've honestly never used it, nor heard it used 🤷. WTF does it mean anyway? 😂
I’d never heard it either! Apparently it is -
“a derogatory term for a ruling elite that is made up of people from the same background who went to the same schools/universities and know each other socially”

• Wow
Reactions: 25
On the plus side I think I may have uncovered what Roadside Mum referred to as the "juicy, dirty, bleeping nasty, full story".

Brace yourselves.

View attachment 390693

It appear Roadside Mum (RM) has (no doubt encouraged by Jack) taken Chartwells claim their boxes were for five days personally. RM has claimed from the start to have received written confirmation that her box was intended for ten days. This could all be quickly resolved by publishing a copy of the written confirmation held by RM (with any personal details squiggled) and then requesting Chartwells explain how this came about and apologise if required. As we haven't seen anything in the MSM to date I can only assume Jack's many, many media contacts have let her down/ been silenced by Chartwells/ made a shrugging motion.
Also it’s just not a very interesting story. The press will be bored with writing about food boxes. They aren’t going to write an article about confusion about whether it was 5 or 10 days of whatever.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Brace yourselves.

View attachment 390693

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
View attachment 390702She’s doubling down and has made up a new hashtag. I was also in the process of squiggling her for some reason and I realised I didn’t need to .
You can’t repeat something you didn’t say in the first place, Jack 🙄

(Unless you said it in a smol, softy, soft pixie voice once the BBC interview was actually over)

• Haha
Reactions: 38
This current drama feels very much like season 8 of a US political drama where there’s too many characters and not enough plot.
There a definitely problems with pacing right now. One minute it's non stop chaos and now we're in some boring letter sub plot hell. I won't lie I'm just shouting PUBLISH THE BLOODY LETTER at this point. Very frustrating viewing just now.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
While Jack is off saving the children, can I interest you in what may be her worst piece of prose ever? It's her tribute to Nigella, written in Nigella style.

TRIGGER WARNING: it contains a direct reference to her fingernails: I carefully underscored words with an absent-minded fingernail (imagine the state of the book after that). Also her seduction technique is mentioned. Tread carefully...
I tried, I really did. Sorry to say lads that I noped the duck right out of there right around the mention of 'thumbing moules marinieres'.
Now I've got a little bit of sick right here..<points to back of throat>

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.