Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 390702She’s doubling down and has made up a new hashtag. I was also in the process of squiggling her for some reason and I realised I didn’t need to .
1. You're not repeating anything, Jack, as you never called him a liar in the first place.
2. When you write something like "leading charities say #cancelthecut" and then follow it immediately with "recipients beg to keep it" you make it sound as though recipients want to keep the cut. Dumdum.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
While Jack is off saving the children, can I interest you in what may be her worst piece of prose ever? It's her tribute to Nigella, written in Nigella style.

TRIGGER WARNING: it contains a direct reference to her fingernails: I carefully underscored words with an absent-minded fingernail (imagine the state of the book after that). Also her seduction technique is mentioned. Tread carefully...
Pretentious twit 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 29
View attachment 390702She’s doubling down and has made up a new hashtag. I was also in the process of squiggling her for some reason and I realised I didn’t need to .
Can't believe I'm doing this. Boris actually said no child will go hungry because of corona virus.
I don't want to defend him or really any politician right now, but if you are making big statements, quote people correctly.

And sloppiness like that is akin to her food, and her attitude to work / life in general.
Get a job love, see how the rest of us live. TWITTER IS NOT WORKING!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
You can’t repeat something you didn’t say in the first place, Jack 🙄

(Unless you said it in a smol, softy, soft pixie voice once the BBC interview was actually over)
She must actually believe her own BS. Remarkable! She's been itching to "repeat" that Boris is a liar thing even though IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. We saw it, not happening, on the telly box.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I tried, I really did. Sorry to say lads that I noped the duck right out of there right around the mention of 'thumbing moules marinieres'.
Now I've got a little bit of sick right here..<points to back of throat>
“Where once I travailed my spice shelves whispering them aloud in a language of love and longing, I had forgotten their names.”

No wonder EL James is such of a fan of Jackie’s, this is pure 50 Shades of Beige Grey.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Here comes Raging Bullshit with fists flying. Watch you don't deck anyone with that fighting spirit!

Screenshot 2021-01-18 at 20.14.29.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
While Jack is off saving the children, can I interest you in what may be her worst piece of prose ever? It's her tribute to Nigella, written in Nigella style.

TRIGGER WARNING: it contains a direct reference to her fingernails: I carefully underscored words with an absent-minded fingernail (imagine the state of the book after that). Also her seduction technique is mentioned. Tread carefully...
I’m trying to lose the pounds so I’m going to keep a hold of this until I’m hungry, so I can quickly and effectively lose my appetite.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
“Where once I travailed my spice shelves whispering them aloud in a language of love and longing, I had forgotten their names.”

No wonder EL James is such of a fan of Jackie’s, this is pure 50 Shades of Beige Grey.
Why?
I sigh
Sweet T cry
Oh my🥺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Also it’s just not a very interesting story. The press will be bored with writing about food boxes. They aren’t going to write an article about confusion about whether it was 5 or 10 days of whatever.
I’m leaning towards believing that both RoadsideMum and Chartwells are telling the truth, and something got lost in translation/the schools explanation wasn’t clear so she was told the box was for 10 days but Chartwells always intended it for 5. Depending exactly what she was told, they may be being shits to say she’s misrepresenting it but it’s hardly scandal of the century.

Roadside Mum is a 'New Age Traveller', isn't she?
Not a Traveller, traveller.
judging by some of the accounts who have tagged her to offer support and mentioned her help in the past (ie they “know” her) I think she is a Traveller traveller. But I could be wrong.

ETA screenshot I forgot, there’s another one somewhere where she’s having a conversation with one. I assume as these are public organisations/activist I don’t need to squiggle but if I do happy to!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 33
Roadside Mum is a 'New Age Traveller', isn't she?
Not a Traveller, traveller.
Is that so? This is where we get problems with the broad term "Traveller" and "travelling community" 😕. It would make sense, I've never heard another gypsy refer to their caravan as a "van" before, it isn't a term we use. Vans are things Jack got taken to school in 😂.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

I really think Jack's writing has become worse over the years, she could do with an editor (plenty of professional boggers have editors)

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I’m leaning towards believing that both RoadsideMum and Chartwells are telling the truth, and something got lost in translation/the schools explanation wasn’t clear so she was told the box was for 10 days but Chartwells always intended it for 5. Depending exactly what she was told, they may be being shits to say she’s misrepresenting it but it’s hardly scandal of the century.
I’m with you here: I think there was a miscommunication and a mix up, and the waters were muddied even further by thousands of squigs, ring-led by the nefarious Jack Monroe, posting on Twitter that it was five days of food (albeit three meals per day).

Chartwells are no doubt trying to capitalise on the confusion caused by this misinformation (lol don’t make me bore you all to death with my donut story again) however given that Chartwells Independent are a separate operation you can’t blame them for being as confused as all of us are.

I can see that Roadside Mum would be upset at being discredited, whether malicious or not, but she wouldn’t have even known about it had Jack not snitch-posted that letter. She’s a little bastard grass and I’m certain she’s let things play out the way they have to get Roadside Mum to back off out of her niche, and stop her getting press attention and a Chartwells consultancy because of her temper.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I really think Jack's writing has become worse over the years, she could do with an editor (plenty of professional boggers have editors)
Agreed. I think a lot of writers start to believe their own hype over time, and their egos won't let them be edited...look at the difference between the early George RR Martin books and the most recent one.

(Don't flatter yourself Jackie, this is the only thing you have in common with George RR Martin...well this and an inability to meet deadlines)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Hang on, you mean she’s been travelling in a *Winnebago on a whim ( *other motor homes are available) and isn’t a nomad by birth?
why does this matter?

Thing about Roadside Mum is she’s someone who’s relying on these free school meals and has been shafted. Even if she’s problematic, in whichever way, I feel uncomfortable with a lot of the posts being made about her because she’s not the focus of this thread and is someone who took delivery of a couple of warm frubes and a carrot etc to feed her child/ren with, whether that was for 5/10 days it’s not a space you come from with a sense of self respect and dignity so if she’s fire in her belly I don’t blame her. Jack getting in her head yeah we have a legitimate cause to rail against that, but the rest? I feel like we are punching down.

• Heart
Reactions: 103
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.