Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

I’MBUSY!

Chatty Member
I’m a bit concerned about the fishos.

Having not eaten them for a number of years, I need some reminding on how long high quality fish should be frozen for.

Given she got covid 19 weeks ago, surely the fish have been in there a fair while?

I may be way off the mark here, I do live in the North where pretty much everything is frozen for months on end according to MSM.
A few months, I think. That said, I think the age of some of the things in my freezer would terrify even Jack.

Let's hope that she isn't so depleted from her long covid and her having to stay angry that she doesn't get round to the fishies eventually!

Reactions: 18
Me too, I think there is a lot of work to do in this area. The challenge is huge as the picture is so mixed across different schools. There are also challenges surrounding what children will eat and the equipment and experience staff have.
I know of a school that employs a qualified chef, he cooks everything from scratch and the school accept additional food donations from a supermarket that would be binned. His food is incredible.

But these two thinking they can get rid of Chartwells with a few angry tweets in the middle of a pandemic is utterly ludicrous.
Ours is run by the council now and while it’s not perfect, it’s far better than from a big company. It’s big enough to benefit from the massive discounts for huge bulk buying but small and localised enough that they have a good idea of what’s needed in the area.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
The “greens” on the sausage abomination do not look like spinach, greens or kale...looks like lettuce

• Haha

Walkdengirl

VIP Member
oh thank fuck Jack's getting up to some nonsense again! 😭

also a few minutes ago, my eyes drifted (gently, restfully) to the nigella section of our bookshelf only for me to say to mr KCC, "shit, we haven't got how to eat, have we? I need it to fact check some shizzle"
It's an excellent nigella book, I love reading it with a mug of tea on the go, or even better a glass of wine

Ldytnk

I'm not sure what I'd do if MrTnk served up unpeeled parsnips. I don't believe the goodness is in the skins

• Haha

I’MBUSY!

Chatty Member
Not necessarily a Caitlin Moran fan but I do like her writing and she does make me laugh. So even if her 'origin story' is exaggerated like Jack's, at least she actually has a talent and some personality.

Jack has no redeeming features which is why she's chasing the kind of success that people like Caitlin have had.
Caitlin can definitely write. And I think her particular brand of feminism is fine if you read it as though you’re a 15 year old. And nothing wrong with that.

She does come across a tad smug though.

• Haha

Legionnairess

Chatty Member
Just catching up. I’m bloody exhausted with her. She’s so fucking thirsty. Literally and metaphorically. She’s going to add super long Covid to her ailments isn’t she? I am not doubting she has all of these other ailments by the way...
I’m going to have to mute her, she’s everywhere...

Reactions: 17