Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blurp

VIP Member
5 weeks? I feel like we have long-Monroe
My guess would be one grandma being a Greek Cypriot ya ya and I thought the other was a protelysing type according to the BBC play/story of Jack’s life. Making neither likely candidates as travelling heritage, but you never know 🤷🏼‍♀️
I seem to remember that her grandfather's obituary has his wife as Joan, who may well be Jack's granny if not a later wife. She may also have anglicised her name but it doesn't sound very Greek to me.

Reactions: 14
Still catching up but I just want to ask if anyone, anyone at all knows why she holds the bowls like this? She has seriously ugly, gnarly old looking hands, they put me off eating this food and certainly don't enhance it in any way at all - quite the opposite. My hands look better than hers and I am 15 years older, how can she have such battered, sinewy looking hands for someone who is only in their early 30s and sits in front of a computer all day?! You are selling food love, keep your hands out of shot, between them and your mucky nails they are stomach churning.
I think part of it is genuinely her arthritis, but it’s not at all improved by whatever filter/editing she uses to make her food look “good”, but would make anyone’s hands look odd - and the dirty nails just 🤮

Reactions: 13

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
If anyone has ever watched The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, the way Jack portrays SB reminds me of how Buckley acts when Jacqueline puts him on ADHD meds, proper children of the corn style acting.
Children of the Corn is one of my all time favourite films.

Reactions: 12

Walkdengirl

VIP Member
I wondered that. I'm of Irish Traveller background (which is considered a race) and have never heard van life (which I saw her use) used to describe the culture of those who still travel. I've only heard it used by the modern vw type travellers (which I don't believe is classified as a race).

Edit - not making judgement here, just responding to the question.
I've never heard it called that either and I did wonder so thanks for clearing it up.

Reactions: 12

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I must admit that I am not actually from Sheffield, although I did live there for a bit (🔺). Alas, it has left me with an undying love for Hendos!
Aww me too! I’m a Southerner but lived in Sheffield for a year, a stone’s throw from the factory ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11