Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It looks so horribly greasy :sick:

I feel sorry for Roadside Mum now. Twitter fame seems a fleeting and rancid thing {{{trying to stop myself making a joke about that rice thing}}} and you can feel like you actually have achieved something for a few days. But momentum goes and people get bored and move onto the next thing. I really think RM could reveal the biggest thing ever now about the situation and there would be a collective 🤷‍♀️ The problem is she obviously actually cares deeply about Free School Meals and it obviously, naturally, has got to her, and other people losing interest must be frustrating and a bit bewildering.
Jack is a twitter success because she is a shapeshifter, doesn't care about much apart from self promotion, and moves quickly onto the next big attention grabbing thing. She also relies on people having short memories and not joining the dots.
I'll say I'm not super on board with the theory that Jack has riled this up and then abandoned RoadsideMum. From looking at older tweets, this is totally standard normal RM ways of dealing with things - there's an older twitter thread which is really remniscient of this where RM is going absolutely bleeping ballistic with loads of tweets at someone just trying to do their job, swearing and tagging super high up people/accounts. She seems like a fairly prolific Twitter user and so I don't think she is an idiot who got suckered in by Jack at all. I think Jack is just bored of the free schools meals now that the interviews aren't rolling in anymore and she was left out of half of it.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
The only way it could be "6 mins" is if she had made the rice in advance. A cursory google shows me that most Curry rice recipes take 20-30 mins

Quoting myself here but case in point, the curry rice recipe *says* it only takes 12 mins, but when you get to the ingrediants, it says "stale, already cooked rice from the fridge" Curry Fried Rice Recipe (Japanese-style Curry Chahan) (norecipes.com)
Yeah, I never cook rice specifically to make fried rice, it's something I do with leftovers. I mean, sometimes I'll plan a day or so ahead so that if I'm making rice for something else one night, I'll make double the quantity I need just so I've got some in my fridge the next day. Rice for (egg) fried rice should always be fried from cold anyway.

Reactions: 29
Morning guys ! Well I started in on thread 31 last night I actually did a real life jump scare jump when she rocked up 🙈😂 am still only half way through as she got me so annoyed I had to read something nice before I could sleep 😂😂😂😂
There are several Frauen working their way through the infamous thread #31 right now. It warms my heart. We really could just all stop now. Jack shows herself up so beautifully in that thread.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I'll say I'm not super on board with the theory that Jack has riled this up and then abandoned RoadsideMum. From looking at older tweets, this is totally standard normal RM ways of dealing with things - there's an older twitter thread which is really remniscient of this where RM is going absolutely bleeping ballistic with loads of tweets at someone just trying to do their job, swearing and tagging super high up people/accounts. She seems like a fairly prolific Twitter user and so I don't think she is an idiot who got suckered in by Jack at all. I think Jack is just bored of the free schools meals now that the interviews aren't rolling in anymore and she was left out of half of it.
I think it’s probably a bit of both, tbh. Seeing in real time how Jack bins things off even when she’s currently in the spotlight must be noticeable to the other blue tickers, surely? Earlier @Jelly Bean was absolutely spot on when she called her a shapeshifter. She just wants to rattle her tip jar and take pictures of Coopsy this week.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I love pinapple fried rice (which I make whenever M&S has fresh pineaple as their fruit on offer :)) ! Actually made it yesterday night :) (with cashews, red pepper, spring onion, garlic, lime, tofu,soy sauce and some coriander leaves).

Her fried rice looks boring. Nothing interesting going on. It's like she doesn't even try to make it look appealing
Pineapple fried rice is absolutely gorgeous with a bit of satay sauce. One of my favourite things.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The fish was such a waste, but it shows how silly a lot of companies who 'gift' things like that are. Would you give the slop monster quality ingredients based on what she posts? I certainly wouldn't.

Can't believe she's still trying to reproduce the 'bae caught me slippin' meme though 😂 It's so weird. Who wants to see people fake sleeping, and why is there supposedly a mystery sleep snapper in her house. I'd tell my child to bog off and ban her from the phone, if she started that nonsense, not post the results for all and sundry!
There are definitely companies and products I have lost a lot of respect for who've been sending freebies all over the places to random instagrammers, who don't always declare them but it's so obvious when suddenly a load of people say 'Ohh I was so lucky to find this brand new product...'. Many of them don't even properly review, just stick a photo of them eating or using it, facetuned as duck, with a 'yum' emoji. In fact sometimes they're so offhand about the product that I resolve not to buy it as it must be bad if they're not gushing over it. The vegan product world isn't as small as it used to be, but it's still easy to notice patterns.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
There are several Frauen working their way through the infamous thread #31 right now. It warms my heart. We really could just all stop now. Jack shows herself up so beautifully in that thread.
You were especially my favourite in that thread Harry ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 36
This is interesting - about enshrining in law a right to food, seeking the clarify the govt's obligation with respect to food provision, and accountability for violations of the right to food..

Surely something Jack can get right behind (if she isn't providing behind the scenes support already ;) ).

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Any proper cookery writer would never show a rice dish which was designed to be reheated. The only safe way way to cook and reheat rice is to cool it immediately after it’s cooked by putting it in a sieve and running cold water over it then putting it straight in the fridge. Rice left to cool at room temperature can grow toxic bacteria, the spoors of which will survive being reheated. These spoors can cause horrible food poisoning. I know plenty of people do reheat rice, but putting on social media as a suggestion when you’ve got thousands of followers is massively irresponsible and frankly if she doesn’t know about food poisoning from reheating rice and claims to be a cook she’s a bleeping idiot.

Not to mention that’s hardly inventing a dish. It’s a pouch or microwave rice cooked up with odds and sods from the fridge and some soy sauce. That’s a bog standard it’s the end of the week and I haven’t been to the supermarket meal in my house. It’s barely one step up from a pot noodle cooking wise.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.