Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So. Peter C isn’t real, his other account is a Porsche.

Why would you speak to someone privately by email, in a supposedly measured and polite way, only to then take screenshots of it and mug them off publicly. It doesn’t make any sense at all. She says she won’t ever post screenshots of alleged abuse and death threats, but is quite happy to share these inane ramblings of a fictitious old git? Yeah it adds up about as much as the poverty timeline.
I know! And the fact that she thinks her response was sooooooo gracious and calm gives quite a scary insight into how she is when she’s ungracious and, er, uncalm.

The whole selling off toys thing sounds like bollocks. Has she never been to a car boot? People won't spend more than 20p on that sort of stuff. It's also ridiculously hard to get rid of things like furniture, even at a fraction of their new price.

But then, she did get a Nicole Fahri jacket for 50p right? So maybe she just has great luck with the buying and selling of second hand goods.
She’s certainly got a nose for a bargain, hasn’t she? I just don’t know how she finds the time to scour Essex charity shops during her 20 hour working days.😉

And such incredible good fortune that a great deal of her other belongings are apparently gifts.

What a gal!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I thought the interviewer waffled on as well.
It made me chuckle a bit to see that the interviewer was Jane Hill, who happens to be gay.

Gayness famously being virtually pariah status in the British media, per Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Oh Zoe. Minimal research would have produced a different piece.

Firstly, Zoe went down in my estimation since the Guardian was paying her to keep fit for weeks on end.

Secondly, this reads like Jack’s twitter rants. Is it just me or is this not even journalism anymore?

ETA skim read to the end. Does anyone want to
do a copy and compare of the last Guardian article to see what matches?

Please, please, please let them open cif on this.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 45

What the actual duck?!! Like a fairy tale. Zoom tour of unopened bills!

I haven’t read the bit about the fire service not letting her rescind her resignation before. The only times I have seen that happen is when the employer really really wants a problematic employee to leave. Plenty of times I have seen good people allowed to back down after a stress induced embarrassing flounce.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
What the actual duck?!! Like a fairy tale. Zoom tour of unopened bills!
How can a reputable publication actually produce this? I have no words. How does she get away with this time and time again?

Please, someone who is rational and calm explain it.

Please.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Firstly, Zoe went down in my estimation since the Guardian was paying her to keep fit for weeks on end.

Secondly, this reads like Jack’s twitter rants. Is it just me or is this not even journalism anymore?

ETA skim read to the end. Does anyone want to
do a copy and compare of the last Guardian article to see what matches?

Please, please, please let them open cif on this.
Omg that article. What a hagiographic load of bilge. 'We all feel protective of her' :sick:
And have we had the socks as sanitary towels story before?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
OH MY GOD, but I always use a comma before "but".

It was...I'MBUSY!'s account*.

*It wasn't.
Me too, it was taught as correct when I was at school. Also had to have one before 'because' and never, on pain of red pen, before 'and'!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

It's all about her and full of shite.

This bit doesn't sound like her parents went hungry and calling the foster kids feral again WTF. And that we bit - ugh!

1610782269432.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
Morning all. That autistic hashtag good God. Way to perpetuate stereotypes and prevent autistic people from getting proper support from friends, co-workers, and other people in their lives.

Autistic people struggle. They're not all quirky geniuses who just need a valuable hobby. Being a parent of a child with autism requires a lot of work and structure and if that child gets in an environment that isn't set up correctly all hell breaks loose.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I had a power cut between 8 and 3 yesterday and I missed a whole bloody thread! I’ve read this one this morning in bed under the duvet so as not to disturb the snorer.

As someone who has COMPLETED vegetarianism (35 years), I will say that Linda sausages and other products were revolutionary when they first came out. I do have a soft spot for them now because of that but like many of the other early trailblazers in veggie and vegan food they have been overtaken by far more ‘realistic’ products. I’d say Linda (I’m saying it as if a dead woman is deciding rather than a huge multi million corporation that owns the brand) has realised that her products are just not used in the same way as all the new ones and wants people to associate the products with midweek meals and recipes. There are so many people who would have done it better- not only would the results have looked and tasted better but they might have shown even a hint of enthusiasm for the products.

Now duck off while I go back and finish the previous thread.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.