Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been lurking for a long time but recently I just can’t cope.
My mum died almost two years ago from pneumonia/ Alzheimer’s. My dad cared for her at home with little support. Where was Jack then, ‘standing up for the little folk’?!? Carers / support staff have been disregard since March. But that doesn’t generate headlines so she doesn’t give a tit.

Apologies, it’s my birthday, I’ve had wine, and I miss my mum, so I may be overly emotional. I will now head back into lurckerville where I belong.

Absolutely duck off
Oh love, I don‘t know what to say, except that I’m so sorry. I‘d like to wish you a happy birthday but totally understand why it’s an emotional one. Please don’t feel the need to go back to lurking though, you definitely don‘t belong in lurckerville, it’s the more the merrier here, and you raise such a good point about how carers have been forgotten x

(I may have had wine too, so apologies if this doesn’t make much sense!)

• Heart
Reactions: 67
I'm still reeling from the "mummy work" tit in the last thread. I was raised by a single mum on benefits. We didn't have much but I never went hungry because my mum wasn't too proud to claim the benefits that she was entitled to. Jack would rather let her son go without jam, clothes that fit and his favourite toy. I've never c-bombed her before but she really is a snobby little middle-class bleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 85
Don't ask me why I did this but I just threw "JACKMONROE" into an anagram generator and behold it yields two captions for our latest travesty:

JMNO.jpeg

JOKER CAM NO
JERK COMA NO

Other potentially useful highlights include:

Joker Ma Con

Anyone know what her middle name is?

(Mod edit).

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I’ve been lurking for a long time but recently I just can’t cope.
My mum died almost two years ago from pneumonia/ Alzheimer’s. My dad cared for her at home with little support. Where was Jack then, ‘standing up for the little folk’?!? Carers / support staff have been disregard since March. But that doesn’t generate headlines so she doesn’t give a tit.

Apologies, it’s my birthday, I’ve had wine, and I miss my mum, so I may be overly emotional. I will now head back into lurckerville where I belong.

Absolutely duck off
Happy birthday love, have you lurked the food and drink thread? Come over if you fancy light hearted lols and chat from the ppl here!

Loving all the lurkers coming out recently and can’t wait for a new influx of fraus off the back of this. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Hahaha Peter doesn't impact on her life in the slightest and shes written him a loooong essay to tell him that he doesn't even impact on her life
It only took her 30 seconds, though! It uses zero mental energy, and doesn't distract at all from her activism, cam-play and blue-tick arsery!

Even if that was genuine correspondence, I guarantee it took her at least half an hour to carefully craft her replies in anticipation of sharing them for maximum effect.

ETA: @Tomato223, welcome and I'm so sorry for your situation. I lost my mum in 2020, also with Alzheimers, and my dad the year before. I've found it so hard to function, while somehow having to keep up appearances for all and sundry. Any and all emotions are allowed, anywhere, any time. Also wine.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I'm still reeling from the "mummy work" tit in the last thread. I was raised by a single mum on benefits. We didn't have much but I never went hungry because my mum wasn't too proud to claim the benefits that she was entitled to. Jack would rather let her son go without jam, clothes that fit and his favourite toy. I've never c-bombed her before but she really is a snobby little middle-class bleep.
Yep and she remains really anti woman. Childcare costs are obscene, it’s like £2k pcm for nursery so even on her £27k salary wouldn’t have been feasible for her so why the grandiosity? In parenthood it’s the women’s careers that suffer and for a good % of women it makes more sense to stay in the home. Some women just want to stay at home too and that’s absolutely fine Jack! It’s still work tho with a proven financial worth / is an actual contribution to the economy it’s just unwaged and unrecognised. There’s absolutely no need to make out like SAHMs aren’t working / there’s a problem with not working out the home.

Smelly Tory daddy’s girl set up with her executive flat and graduate job opinions tbh!

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Since my last post, 30 seconds ago, I've received LOTS of messages begging me to do more anagrams. The messages use identical syntax to my own but they all reinforce my excellence so despite my forensic exhaustion, I have hauled myself back to the generator. It's no SlopBot, but it does the job.

I used Jack's former name this time, and though I've cut the ends off to avoid deadnaming her, I can't resist sharing this screenshot of how many of the results start:

Majestic.jpg

Sometimes the universe just gives with its whole, unfettered heart.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Yep and she remains really anti woman. Childcare costs are obscene, it’s like £2k pcm for nursery so even on her £27k salary wouldn’t have been feasible for her so why the grandiosity? In parenthood it’s the women’s careers that suffer and for a good % of women it makes more sense to stay in the home. Some women just want to stay at home too and that’s absolutely fine Jack! It’s still work tho with a proven financial worth / is an actual contribution to the economy it’s just unwaged and unrecognised. There’s absolutely no need to make out like SAHMs aren’t working / there’s a problem with not working out the home.

Smelly Tory daddy’s girl set up with her executive flat and graduate job opinions tbh!
I don’t have children or dependants, so your post have given me a new perspective on her attitude towards parenting. I know it shows my ignorance, but I hadn‘t thought of it that way. Although I’ve long thought that she’s anti women too (for reasons its too late to get into now!).
I think her grandiosity is maybe because, as we’ve seen, she actually avoids work as much as possible! So it’s like she’s protesting too much. Either way, like you and @Mel Donte said, her crappy Tory/middle class views are painfully clear 😬

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50

Jack remains a Tory's wet dream about who they think is impoverished. Just someone down on their luck for 6 months. They probably love that they just got rid of all their belongings before ever taking benefits because every poor person should be wearing potato bags before they come asking for benefits.

I am also always so confused about their insistence that even though it's not as bad as it once was, they're still poor. I'm sure this has been brought up multiple times, but if the multiple sponsorships, the books etc are SO inconsistent and SO minuscule in comparison to her needs/wants/whatever, get a new job. You are not ENTITLED to be a freelance worker. If you have to feed your son crappy food on a £20 budget, maybe reconsider your field if you've worked this long in it and feel so financially unstable. I mean, dear reader, I can answer why that won't happen because a) it's mostly bullshit and b) Jack loves being a victim.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
You are not ENTITLED to be a freelance worker. If you have to feed your son crappy food on a £20 budget, maybe reconsider your field if you've worked this long in it and feel so financially unstable. I mean, dear reader, I can answer why that won't happen because a) it's mostly bullshit and b) Jack loves being a victim.
Jack truly believes fannying around on twitter stealing other people's ideas for days on end is a job. This is why she feels perfectly entitled to grift money off followers - she feels she is providing them with a service for which she should be recompensed. Hence all the 'I do this for FREE' posts. In return they get lots of moaning and a recipe for what appears to be poo soup.
Then all the photos of her weakly flopping on hard chairs because 'I'm so tired' to maintain the narrative she has been WORKING. For YOU.
I can't get my head around her bizarre sense of entitlement that spending all day and night on social media because she obviously loves it and lives for it despite her half hearted protests, constitutes anything approaching a job.
How sensible people fall for this performative nonsense is baffling.

#JackStopshowingOff.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
I love that soup! Still make it.
On an early morning catch up, but did anyone see the soup that Heinz made that was a mash-up of the beans and normal tomato soup?

It was marketed at Halloween in a glow in the tin and being a moron, I thought it was available everywhere.

Apparently not. It was some gimmicky insta thingy that gullible people fall for.

Of course, one could have bought a tin one each, mixed them and eaten the result.

But then...... duck this, I’m boring myself now.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Another thread already- thanks @Pocahontas!

so to continue the things that don’t add up... left fire service Nov already has no stuff by Xmas? Then enough stuff including a piano and two guitars by the summer. Receipts end of last thread and here.

View attachment 385710
So this was August 2012.

Interesting bit here to me:
The mum of one worked at Essex County Fire and Rescue Service for three years, in the Control room in Shenfield, and lived in a house with her partner in Southend. The relationship ended in October and she moved out into a two bedroom flat with her son, Jonny.
Jack resigned from the Fire Service in November last year, when she could no longer cope with the difficulty and cost of childcare.
OK, Jonny was born in 2000 (anyone know when?) and his father moved in to help take care of him for the first few months.

She lived in A House (fancy!) with her partner until October 2011 and had to leave The House for a two-bedroom flat. She resigned from ECF&RS in November 2011.

So where and when was her executive flat in this, and who was her partner - Hazel the police officer?

How was she so skint at Christmas 2011? Surely she would still have some of her last pay and possibly holiday pay accrued?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
I feel like I should be writing a PHD thesis with all the dates/ times. Or one of those crazy diagrams mad people who know the truth put on the wall with all the arrows.
6EBA66D2-ED24-4A24-BB4A-0001675106E3.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Also, apologies for double posting.

She was up tweeting shite at 1.30 about something called “catio”- outdoor spaces for cats. WTAF.

I mean, if she is claiming that she is still “working” at this time and has happened upon this website then she is delusional. No freelancer worth their salt would have a working week like hers, nothing effective would get done (🤔) and there would be physical and psychological effects pretty quickly.

So this was August 2012.

Interesting bit here to me:

OK, Jonny was born in 2000 (anyone know when?) and his father moved in to help take care of him for the first few months.

She lived in A House (fancy!) with her partner until October 2011 and had to leave The House for a two-bedroom flat. She resigned from ECF&RS in November 2011.

So where and when was her executive flat in this, and who was her partner - Hazel the police officer?

How was she so skint at Christmas 2011? Surely she would still have some of her last pay and possibly holiday pay accrued?
Please say this is making your head hurt?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Someone had to. Thanks to @Boyo for the canvas.

Sausage1.jpg

1. She has been an author for ages. That one makes no sense (and I doubt it was accidental, everything she does is calculated).
This is really interesting. I think that 'now' speaks volumes about how she sees herself (or wants to style herself; not sure how to parse one from the other at this point).

Saying 'former foodbank mum, now accidental author' gives the impression that her shift away from foodbank times, to the immediate 'now' present, is far more recent than it actually is.

It's either very calculated, or betrays how skewed her sense of those two identities is vs time actually spent living them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
The McCartneys paid her to do a Linda McCartney sausage curry recipe for Veganuary. I got it in my inbox.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.