Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She doesnā€™t enjoy cooking , thatā€™s apparent from what she presents as edible and sheā€™s desperate to move on and have a role within this latest movement to eradicate child hunger.

No one with an ounce of common sense would choose to work with her , her temper tantrum over JO ( forget the other people she targeted) shows how unprofessional and immature she can be.

Jack needs to decide what she wants from her life, imagine another 30 years of her banging the same drum on Twitter. How many more books can she produce , how many more supermarket receipts do her followers need to read about?

Sheā€™s already becoming irrelevant and unpopular within the food industry and no one in the government will take her seriously because sheā€™s an over reactive gobshite.

Jack needs to find a rich partner to fund her lifestyle and not then piss her off or find a job that pays well enough that isnā€™t the begging bowl of Twitter and Patreon.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Going back a bit, I can't get over this. She's saying she's spending Ā£1 a day - Ā£7 per week - to feed both herself AND HER TWO YEAR OLD SON. 50p per day per person. 50p per day for - I repeat - a two year old. Which is so disgusting in and of itself (esp while she's paying over Ā£700 per month on an executive flat which she says she can afford but witches about it not having a garden or a parking space). She's sharing a meal for one, a 72p lasagne, with her son as their evening meal. But then above and beyond that, she doesn't list what she's giving him for his breakfast or his lunch, she's telling us what she had herself for her totally unnecessary Ā£1 a day budget - unless she's also sharing the single tin of soup and single apple with him too? Ugh sorry I HATE IT.
That post is just after she left the executive apartment for her new flat (the one she painted aubergine and orange). She had also recently acquired two cats - with all the associated costs - so her irresponsible attitude to pet ownership is nothing new! Why would you get two cats if you don't have enough money to eat? Why would you prioritise painting your house over food?

Reactions: 54
Can anyone point me to the receipt of where she mentioned the 5 figure sum for Hellmanā€™s?
I don't have receipts, but it was BLM was at it's height last year. She was due to do a Hellmans show on Instagram and it was at the same time as 'blackout Tuesday'. People were questioning why she was going ahead and she said that Hellmans were forcing her to go ahead and she was threatened with losing her '5 figure deal' as a result.
Turned out it was bollocks and Hellmans were a bit confused so she deleted a load of stuff and made the 'I'm white as mayonnaise' monstrosity.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 55
I'm cringing hard at the comment about her being told not to use her honorary doctorate title on that Reddit link.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Also a few comments have related to her being exposed -

It may not look like what weā€™d expect, or want, may not have fireworks and bells on it but itā€™s very clearly happening. The fact sheā€™s being actively excluded from this letter / this work / none of the key players are following her on Twitter is VERY telling. This is no accident. They will have social teams & PR queens on the job who will be safeguarding the movement and know to stay away from someone like her.

Marcus doesnā€™t have the privileges Jack does. Heā€™s a young black WC footballer, the tabloid press are avidly waiting for one duck up to destroy him. He wasnā€™t even allowed to buy some tbh reasonably priced houses for family without grief. He canā€™t get angry else the old tropes get wheeled out, he wouldnā€™t get a second chance if he said that vile thing about poor little Ivan Cameron. Jack adds no value but is a huge, huge liability for him hence why he wonā€™t even follow her.

Tbh sheā€™s got this wrapped up cos sheā€™s always bleating on about legal action it scares people shitless so they wonā€™t publish any of the truth (as documented by her tweets). The best we get are subtweets and industry people liking them, but hey ho šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Sheā€™ll milk another few years out of this media career but with no repeat bookings and dwindling book sales I wouldnā€™t want to secure a 30 year mortgage on that income myself šŸ˜¬

• Heart
Reactions: 91
I find it funny that she has limited replies on her 'potatoes' article to people she follows, and that she is getting a reply that praises her, but not in the way she wants.

She has posted that she does not exist in a bubble, hence her writing for the Express, and comments about her reaching out. So does this mean she will be responding to her new commenter in a considered manner, and not employing sarcasm, or whatever it was she was doing with Peter C?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Also a few comments have related to her being exposed -

It may not look like what weā€™d expect, or want, may not have fireworks and bells on it but itā€™s very clearly happening. The fact sheā€™s being actively excluded from this letter / this work / none of the key players are following her on Twitter is VERY telling. This is no accident. They will have social teams & PR queens on the job who will be safeguarding the movement and know to stay away from someone like her.

Marcus doesnā€™t have the privileges Jack does. Heā€™s a young black WC footballer, the tabloid press are avidly waiting for one duck up to destroy him. He wasnā€™t even allowed to buy some tbh reasonably priced houses for family without grief. He canā€™t get angry else the old tropes get wheeled out, he wouldnā€™t get a second chance if he said that vile thing about poor little Ivan Cameron. Jack adds no value but is a huge, huge liability for him hence why he wonā€™t even follow her.

Tbh sheā€™s got this wrapped up cos sheā€™s always bleating on about legal action it scares people shitless so they wonā€™t publish any of the truth (as documented by her tweets). The best we get are subtweets and industry people liking them, but hey ho šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Sheā€™ll milk another few years out of this media career but with no repeat bookings and dwindling book sales I wouldnā€™t want to secure a 30 year mortgage on that income myself šŸ˜¬
I think her penchant for pile ons also stops people publishing the truth. None of the respectable blue tickers are going to want to say anything publicly for fear of being dragged into her starting another tit storm.

So she gets the odd like when she posts something popular and the odd bit of attention to keep her nice and quiet but no real engagement. When it's something that matters, like the letter, they can exclude her knowing that if she tries her normal pile on tactics, she'll look awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Just came to post the same! I really want it
Emma Kennedy, among others, was on a quest for it yesterday.

Seems itā€™s sold out in most places. Smyths toy shops have it in a few places around the country. Would that be ā€˜essentialā€™ shopping though? Sending some squiggle out to buy one for you, in lockdown?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I'm cringing hard at the comment about her being told not to use her honorary doctorate title on that Reddit link.
I can remember this happening on twitter. It was part of the non binary journey Jack was having- the tweets said that Dr was a good gender neutral title, and it was fair to use because the doctorate had been awarded in regognition of charity work. Jack seemed genuinely surprised when people pointed out that this was embarassing and insulting to people who had earned their doctorates.

Personally I try really really hard to stay out of anything to do with her transgender period because she has (as usual) put such a weird selection of the facts out there in public that I don't think it's fair to comment.

Imagine if all the actors and authors and politicans who get honorary doctorates started to use them, oh my God.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
If I ever want a good laugh then I watch her BLM video again. Itā€™s the video all white privilege teenagers would make.
Cross the picket...itā€™s an Instagram story about mayonnaise. Get a bleeping grip.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
<
100% dickish. The only
Emma Kennedy, among others, was on a quest for it yesterday.

Seems itā€™s sold out in most places. Smyths toy shops have it in a few places around the country. Would that be ā€˜essentialā€™ shopping though? Sending some squiggle out to buy one for you, in lockdown?
Google 'bouquet lego' and go on the shopping tab. It should bring up everything that's available. This is my favourite way of finding the cheapest everything šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.