Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bet the pile of receipts form JM's bullshittery is significantly higher than her stack of bills in her brown envelope room.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Love, squiggle yourself! 😬😬😬😘
That’s not me. I got this from an old thread. I’ll edit though.
Edit: thanks for pointing it out. Didn’t even realise it was on there when I saved it! I’ll report it on the original thread I got it from.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I think her penchant for pile ons also stops people publishing the truth. None of the respectable blue tickers are going to want to say anything publicly for fear of being dragged into her starting another tit storm.

So she gets the odd like when she posts something popular and the odd bit of attention to keep her nice and quiet but no real engagement. When it's something that matters, like the letter, they can exclude her knowing that if she tries her normal pile on tactics, she'll look awful.
Not just blue tickers, I think I can't recall her having a big colaboration with a big charity (might have missed it though). Veganuary dumped her for her bullshit for example.

Reactions: 28
Not just blue tickers, I think I can't recall her having a big colaboration with a big charity (might have missed it though). Veganuary dumped her for her bullshit for example.
It's not going very well on the Linda McCartney IG page either 😉

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I thought she was a call handler? If so, poster seems like they have some sort of agenda, couldn't possibly work out what though...
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm anti-JM's bullshit, but cringe when people go after her with misogynist or homo/transphobic stuff.
I feel that if this was the case more people would have spoken about it in het KH-trial days (just a feeling though)

Reactions: 27
I thought she was a call handler? If so, poster seems like they have some sort of agenda, couldn't possibly work out what though...
I think she wanted to be a fire fighter, but quite possibly didn't meet the health and fitness standards. It's a competitive job to get into, it took someone I know husband several years to get a place. You could imagine her kicking up a stink about something like that tbh. Possible the squiggle has an agenda, but I wouldn't rule it out 100% either

*ETA, squig definitely not a liker of women!😕 As someone said, probably hints of truth, exaggerated for meanness then.

Last edited:
Reactions: 35
She mentioned that she was in training to be a firefighter when she posted about working in a bar. That the training was why she was in such good shape.

Reactions: 22
She mentioned that she was in training to be a firefighter when she posted about working in a bar. That the training was why she was in such good shape.
Fair enough, separating the truth from the mythical is ever a problem with this one :sneaky:

Reactions: 29
Hmmm, I don't think this is true. I think it's a chinese whispers mixture of her resigning from fire service and the missing the passing out parade because she wouldn't wear the skirt. (traaazzers etc)
Ah yes, the famed call handlers' passing out parade.

I laugh a lot at her bullshit (especially the Barclays ATM incident, my favourite now and forever) but it also makes you despair that journalists printed so much of this verbatim, with no questions.

Like, I get that you might be too BUSY to spend the two evenings it took us to go through her old blog and discover the entire poverty was a lie...but someone starts talking about their call handlers' passing out parade, and you don't even raise an eyebrow?!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Just listening to the interview on radio 4 with the some one from a foodbank. Compare and contrast with Jack Monroe's interviews

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The Barclays ATM incident perfctly shows how she centers everything around herself and herself only. With no respect or empathy for the person just doing their (bank) job (I mean, it's hardly a moral dilemma where refusal to follow your employer's rules could prevent death or starvation...).

Reactions: 35
Had a little Grunk and I think it's astonishing that Jack suddenly starts throwing the word nominal around in reference to her payments. Especially after I mentioned exactly that word in the context of how little she would give to magic breakfast, just yesterday afternoon.

Glad I could teach you something Jack but please be less obvious next time. It shows you up as both an imbecile and an embarrassment.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
(I mean, it's hardly a moral dilemma where refusal to follow your employer's rules could prevent death or starvation...).
Lolll you just know that Jack presented it that way though. GET ME MY CARD OR I CAN'T BUY MY SON'S EYELID SAUSAGES, YOU TORY MONSTER.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Had a little Grunk and I think it's astonishing that Jack suddenly starts throwing the word nominal around in reference to her payments. Especially after I mentioned exactly that word in the context of how little she would give to magic breakfast, just yesterday afternoon.

Glad I could teach you something Jack but please be less obvious next time. It shows you up as both an imbecile and an embarrassment.
I thought she was going to prioritise paid interviews and demand the highest fees she could.

now it is all unpaid or nominal.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.