Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought she was going to prioritise paid interviews and demand the highest fees she could.

now it is all unpaid or nominal.
Hello, is that the news at ten? I would like one million pounds for wearing a lot of make up next to my toaster and talking about being briefly poor whilst living in an executive apartment in 2011.

• Haha
Reactions: 71
I thought she was going to prioritise paid interviews and demand the highest fees she could.

now it is all unpaid or nominal.
I did wonder if she tried that tactic and the outlet just went “Okay we’ll donate £X directly to magic breakfast” and she went off in a huff.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Lever Arch File Jack is one of my favourites. I giggle at the thought of her furiously printing everything out, punching holes in the sheets and laboriously filing everything away. I mean why bother? She even has a file with patron details printed out. Total GDPR breach and why not just use a spreadsheet like a normal person.

That will e why she works 43 hours a day, she is so inefficient. Like her handwritten address labels.

If only she had an admin to help with such things.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
How on earth does she keep writing as if she's the only one pointing out the poverty problems in the UK???? It's insulting to all organisations and people who have been banging this drum over the years. (ETA: Also, I only know the Scot Gov context, but there are plenty of people working on analysing the effects of the pandemic on deprivation levels, you are not coming with ANYTHING new here love. Not to say I like everything the government does, but she just loves to think she's the first one to bring this to attention. Meanwhile, others are getting stuff done)

• Heart
Reactions: 40
As usual, no trigger warnings about s*icide, she lives in ‘relative comfort’. God i’m bleeping furious again.

ETA - Writing letters isn’t enough apparently. Wtaf. All she’s done is tweet. I loathe her. And now The Guardian.

Starting to loathe The Guardian too. Jobs for the boys is so rife, it’s vile.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
3F236645-80F9-43AF-9A3B-941F7FC6A609.jpeg

Ooh, that must have hurt to write. Bet she’s incandescent.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
View attachment 388014
Ooh, that must have hurt to write. Bet she’s incandescent.
Only until she gets to the bottom of the page and says letter-writing is for twats (my paraphrasing here).
Having the nerve to talk about demonising language in the press when she called looked after children feral in the same paper yesterday. Awful.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
3 paragraphs saying we need to listen to those who are actually affected/effected (never get it right) by this.. before making it all about her, and dismissing the efforts of JO et al. Lol shes an idiot.
I got most of the way through that before I realised it was a new article. Has the lazy not just copy and pasted some stuff she wore earlier with a couple of new sentences?

Cos Playing twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
But when she was on the BBC a few days ago and Jane Hill asked her what should be done, she waffled a load of shite about research to understand the root causes of poverty? Nothing about "feed the children, then overhaul the system", which has always been her mission statement, apparently.

I thought she was going to compare herself to someone living in poverty TODAY, but no, it was herself. Again.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Lever Arch File Jack is one of my favourites. I giggle at the thought of her furiously printing everything out, punching holes in the sheets and laboriously filing everything away. I mean why bother? She even has a file with patron details printed out. Total GDPR breach and why not just use a spreadsheet like a normal person.

That will e why she works 43 hours a day, she is so inefficient. Like her handwritten address labels.

If only she had an admin to help with such things.
Or there was some easily accessible way of getting the labels printed by a computor.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.