Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Or she bought herself a brand spanking new one? Because she's on minimum wage and can easily afford a £5k watch?
Sorry I’m way behind, but who buys their kid a $5k watch except a rich person??? Right? That’s insane! No working class person could afford that! I’m from the states but solidly middle class and my family didn’t have any of the fancy tit she does! A Land Rover?! A $5k watch as a child’s gift? What planet is she on that that is a lifestyle of the poor.

God she’s such a bleeping liar, and a crappy one at that. Nothing ever makes sense!

• Heart
Reactions: 61
I find it so hard to articulate myself when it comes to Jack’s antics. I just want to wait and howl and fizz. I feel so angry that she continually....daily even, gets away with this utter tit. Take Charlie Bighams for example. They are SO expensive. Yeah, they are ready meals but you have to cook them in the oven for about 50 minutes so they are not remotely cost effective. I am not poor but still wouldn’t buy them (I had the macaroni cheese once - spoiler - not that special) it just shows that she isn’t in touch with real poverty whatsoever as if she was, they wouldn’t even be on her radar.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I’m so sorry you had to endure that...you deserved protection.

Shame on Jack and the guardian for their dehumanization of children!
Thank you, what foster children, both present and past, deserve is to not be referred to as ‘feral’ in the national press, especially by someone who likes to think she is speaking up for the poor in society.
Like RM I have also been properly poor but am grateful for what I have unlike a certain someone.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Very excited to be posting in real time. That was one epic incy-grunka.
Hope Jack does a big dino nap as a thread a day is too much chaos for this Frau

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I’m so glad she blocked me because I don’t think I have ever been closer to crossing over and replying about Brexit maybe influencing the price of garlic. Receipts Jack is hateful.

ps he’s still asleep

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I always believed the basic origin story. Now, having read her own blog, it's obvious she was lying from the get-go.

Something interesting: she deleted Hunger Hurts last year, replacing it with the histrionic Potatoes. It had been carried over onto her new site, but it vanished...about the time people here picked up on the bit about the Omega. 🤔

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
I always believed the basic origin story. Now, having read her own blog, it's obvious she was lying from the get-go.

Something interesting: she deleted Hunger Hurts last year, replacing it with the histrionic Potatoes. It had been carried over onto her new site, but it vanished...about the time people here picked up on the bit about the Omega. 🤔
I agree. Have just spent some time looking way back in her insta and there are pictures which are reminiscent of her recent ones (posed, inappropriate, obviously taken with a timer). It is sad to see her stuck in a revolving wheel of behaviours.

Nothing has changed. Nothing will.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
I don't want to speak on behalf of all teachers (🔺) but her 'insights' into the difficulties of school leadership are garbage. She needs to have several million seats and shut the hell up.
Took the words out of my mouth. You just know she’s ‘that parent’.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
And finally...she always did hate That Man 🤍

View attachment 387213
Going back a bit, I can't get over this. She's saying she's spending £1 a day - £7 per week - to feed both herself AND HER TWO YEAR OLD SON. 50p per day per person. 50p per day for - I repeat - a two year old. Which is so disgusting in and of itself (esp while she's paying over £700 per month on an executive flat which she says she can afford but witches about it not having a garden or a parking space). She's sharing a meal for one, a 72p lasagne, with her son as their evening meal. But then above and beyond that, she doesn't list what she's giving him for his breakfast or his lunch, she's telling us what she had herself for her totally unnecessary £1 a day budget - unless she's also sharing the single tin of soup and single apple with him too? Ugh sorry I HATE IT.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Like I've said before I really struggle when we start to talk about her family. They are not in the public eye, her father was chairman of a Fostering charity which is why they're are interviews with him about that, and in his work capacity as a fire officer.

I would imagine that it must be very hard at times keeping a dignified silence
Jack's father has had articles about him in The Guardian multiple times, received an OBE and seems very happy to get publicity at any cost. He resigned from his fostering charity years ago. Jack talks about her family when it suits her purposes, so I think the occasional comment is fair.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Jack talks about her family when it suits her purposes, so I think the occasional comment is fair.
Yes, I posted a comment yesterday but deleted it quite swiftly because I can kind of see both sides. My issue is is that she CONSTANTLY brings up the fact that her parents fostered, as though that somehow lends her voice some authenticity when talking about neglected children or child hunger. She also does it as a way to prove how, idk, charitable? she herself is when she had absolutely nothing to do with their decision to foster and sounds like she resented every last minute of it. If she doesn't want her parents / childhood to be discussed she should probably stop referring to this in the national press - and if they don't want to be talked about, they should tell her likewise.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
View attachment 387757
Hellsite again. So basically lots of preamble as an excuse to retweet potatoes and top up the house fund. Cow.
This came up on my twitter so I looked at the squiggles feed this morning, found the tweet in question. It's possible things may have been deleted overnight but all I saw was one comment questioning it that wasn't even particularly rude (and that squiggle seems baffled as to why he's now had a load of criticism unleashed on him!).

It just seems very Jack like exaggerating, but I suppose birds of a feather flock together.

Reactions: 27
Going back a bit, I can't get over this. She's saying she's spending £1 a day - £7 per week - to feed both herself AND HER TWO YEAR OLD SON. 50p per day per person. 50p per day for - I repeat - a two year old. Which is so disgusting in and of itself (esp while she's paying over £700 per month on an executive flat which she says she can afford but witches about it not having a garden or a parking space). She's sharing a meal for one, a 72p lasagne, with her son as their evening meal. But then above and beyond that, she doesn't list what she's giving him for his breakfast or his lunch, she's telling us what she had herself for her totally unnecessary £1 a day budget - unless she's also sharing the single tin of soup and single apple with him too? Ugh sorry I HATE IT.
And she can’t even drive so what’s the problem with no parking space!! A garden would be a given I would think if you had £725pcm for rent and you have a young child but the kudos of being able to say she stayed in an “executive flat” went before the needs of her son. Some things never change...

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Can anyone point me to the receipt of where she mentioned the 5 figure sum for Hellman’s?

Reactions: 13
This came up on my twitter so I looked at the squiggles feed this morning, found the tweet in question. It's possible things may have been deleted overnight but all I saw was one comment questioning it that wasn't even particularly rude (and that squiggle seems baffled as to why he's now had a load of criticism unleashed on him!).

It just seems very Jack like exaggerating, but I suppose birds of a feather flock together.
I couldn't find the tweet either but that flower bouquet lego looks ace!

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.