Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The disability Roadside Mum has is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome so unfortunately letting someone else “do” media is quite a sensible solution for her.

Edit to add- I was pondering whether the gifting started in the days of the blog/column, because some people must have read the local paper and knew it was her. Apparently people we coming up and congratulating her in public as long ago as her blog.
And “making crafts” which she was selling bet people paid up front then received nowt Fancy!

Insert who bleeping knows pic

Reactions: 35
Jack didn't talk about anyone but herself in that article.

But according to Zoe she's the most admirable person I will ever meet.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.
She never puts anyone or anything else in the spotlight accept herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Or making out all autistic people are in fact capable of talking.
She needs a tour round my sons school.

Hang on is she trying to imply autistic people can't lie? Hahahahahahaha. I wish. My autistic teen son managed to convince us he wasn't eating all the KitKats so well I was convinced he was sleepwalking and eating them. Nope. He was fibbing.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Completely agree! Her parents fostering in 1993 could have coincided with her starting school and it probably grated her corned beef knowing these random “feral” kids were at home with her mum!

She should be ashamed of her descriptions of her siblings in that article. She won’t be, but she should be.
She should apologise for using the word "feral". It's dehumanising and separates those children as being "other". They deserve respect, love and equal treatment, just as we all do. Would have thought she'd realise that, being apparently marginalised herself 🙄.

I'm sure she wouldn't like to be called feral of have her son referred to as that. Urgh.

Has she ever done any good work to promote fostering? I'm curious.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
I would love to think that the Zoe Williams' Guardian article is so close to what Jack has been putting on twitter etc that it might be a case of Jack being hoisted by her own petard (regarding foster children etc) but unfortunately I think that may be over generous and it's just incredibly lazy journalism.

The old photo of Jack used does however remind me to use one of the GIFs that never fails to make me laugh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Finally read the sausage curry recipe and it's an absolute joke that despite getting paid so well, she (as per) can't even copy-edit. There are no chickpeas on the ingredients list and yet
View attachment 386740
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: She's a lazy smol tyke, isn't she? She says in the ingredients that the recipe requires canned kidney beans, but that "chickpeas also work well here".

And then couldn't be arsed to complete the recipe referencing kidneys beans. Because chickpeas? She's *obsessed*!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
It's things like this which illustrate rather clearly that her aim is to make the most amount of money by doing the least amount of work (tis just my opinion, m'lud). She'll scream, shout and claw the carpet when she doesn't get the attention she believes she deserves, yet when she is handed a contract, she's telling people to wash chickpeas that aren't even in the bloody recipe. Never a dull day following this thread!
She has obviously copied and pasted one of her other 'bung it in a curry' recipes and changed it, but only 90%

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Or making out all autistic people are in fact capable of talking.
She needs a tour round my sons school.
The self-diagnosed autism mob are the most self-absorbed people in the world. They are always either the most independent, lowest support-needs, non-disabled people, or not autistic at all, and act like they speak for all of us, shouting over the great majority of us who are disabled and need a lot of help. Let alone the 50% who are learning disabled. They don't get a look in unless they have a magic special ability. Not forgetting screeching their opinions about the way that non-verbal and learning disabled people with autism should be treated, while knowing nothing about their experiences.

Her playing the autism and ADHD cards has infuriated me. I have both, and know from her fairytales about her "diagnosis" that she doesn't even know how diagnosis works, let alone her offensive description of symptoms. She's lying and at the very least, hasn't been diagnosed. She probably doesn't have either condition. Its so angering that she's playing the autism card to shield from her compulsive lying, and the ADHD card to explain her narcissistic hatred of criticism. Someone on an earlier thread explained that rejection sensitive dysphoria means that they will avoid people and be quiet for fear of doing something wrong. NOT go nuts and rage at anyone who doesn't worship the ground they walk on. A specific hatred for criticism is a symptom of narcissism.

I used to have the rejection sensitive dysphoria aspect when I was a child and teenager. I have mostly matured out of it. It's not a specific hatred of criticism like she says, it's real, imagined, or perceived rejection. (edit to add, I was no more sensitive to criticism than any other child) Namely for me, I was terrified of making a social mistake, as it makes others very angry and intolerant. But I didn't know what was wrong with me, or what, why or how the things I was doing would upset people, but not the things that other people would do. I couldn't see a pattern or work it out, so I just became frightened in general as people's reactions were so unpredictable and unfair. Anyway, rejection sensitive dysphoria was the least troublesome of my ADHD symptoms. I would just like to be able to think straight and take care of myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 96
Don't be a bleeping imbecile, JM. Just for once.

SLT work at weekends and us lowly minions are always available by phone. How do you think we sent out self isolation texts and emails over the Christmas period. at weekends and to tell people the arrangements for the start of term? We're used to this by now and knew (because we're aware of the world around us) that the scheme was likely to come back when the second wave kicked in.

Especially when they were clearly only doing it because they thought it would, like in a US Cop Movie where the badge and gun gets dumped on the Chief's desk, force the powers to be to bow and scrape and welcome them back to a guard of honour clapping the Hero of the piece. Brinkmanship only works if somebody is actually indispensible. And a phone jockey really, really isn't. After all, there would be thousands of people who would jump at the chance of twenty seven grand a year.
Maybe she was banking on the nepotism angle kicking in 🤔

Reactions: 23
She is an absolute bleeping bleep.

How dare she describe defenceless foster children as ‘feral’ for column inches? How did this pile of shite get through a Guardian editorial team? I have emailed to complain and ask for removal of the world feral. I’m absolutely done with her.

It’s telling that all major players other than RM in this have zero contact with Jack, she’s fighting a battle that doesn’t involve her. So, yes Jack, keep screaming into the Twitter void, keep trying to find purpose by inserting yourself into drama which isn’t your concern, keep trying to feel your place in society is valid because you called BJ disingenuous. However you will never have an ounce of the intelligence of the class and decorum that Marcus Rashford, Jamie Oliver and others have. You’ll never have the fame, the adulation, the TV shows, because once the grown ups have solved it without your involvement, you’ll still be the sad, bitter, narcissistic Twitter troll setting their sights on their next easy target for likes.

• Heart
Reactions: 80
I always think she appeals to people so far removed from poverty that they can't comprehend how full of tit she is.

Unscrewing the lightbulbs? Sounds rough, then you think deeper and go, "hang on a minute, no."

Socks as sanitary pads? No. I had a time of not having the money for pads when I was younger. I wadded up toilet paper from public toilets, like you do if you have a period surprise that you're not prepared for. But that doesn't sound as extreme, does it?
I’ve always thought the lightbulbs story was highly implausible. Who on earth would buy a secondhand lightbulb???
She just overeggs everything so much.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I’ve always thought the lightbulbs story was highly implausible. Who on earth would buy a secondhand lightbulb???
She just overeggs everything so much.
I think she probably nicked all the lightbulbs from one of the places she’d lived when she left so she had “second hand lightbulbs” and over the years that’s morphed into the story she tells today as she tries to explain why her summer sales made so much money.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
The secondhand lightbulb story kills me every time.
Holding them up in Cash Converters saying, "This one has about 60hrs left on it. This one was in the bathroom, so about 120hrs..."
duck off!

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.