Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh, and her casual 'pronouns don't matter because children are starving' tit is actually incredibly offensive and not the light-hearted brush off she (likely) intended. Jack's support of the trans community is one of the few things I like about her, but I really wish she'd chosen her words better here. Pronouns are very important to some trans people, and the absolute bleeping privilege of saying they don't matter to you, and suggesting if they do you don't care about starving children? Ugh.

Of course the Guardian lapped it up cos they are peak TERFiness innit.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
“takes me on a Zoom tour of a room where she keeps her post: six years’ worth of unopened brown envelopes, pristine and neatly stacked.”

Can’t believe she’s got a whole room where she keeps the unposted Patreons

The real disgrace in this article is that RM is described as a ‘Twitter user’.
I really loathe this nonsense, it is sending a message to other people that it’s ok to ignore the bills. It isn’t and there are lots of organisations who will help, a friend of mine got help from Christian’s against poverty, they were great and really supported her.

Again this is another organisation she could signpost to everyone. (You don’t have to be Christian to get help.)

• Heart
Reactions: 60
That article has sent me over the edge. Fawning over Jack’s fake activism and fake poverty is one thing, but the way she spoke about foster children and used their experiences as part of her own story - calling them feral. I’m so disgusted and enraged. Autism getting wheeled out again. I don’t believe for one moment that she is diagnosed as autistic. She’s a pathological liar, and has no other autistic traits. She’s a vile ghoul. I’m genuinely tempted to write to the Guardian to complain about the way she spoke about foster children. Does she think they won’t remember her? Or that other people who were fostered won’t read that article.

Problems around food are a genuine issue for children in the care system, but to just throw it in there as part of her story, with no context, is just appalling. She’s talking about them in the same way that colonialism was justified by the British Empire 🤮

• Heart
Reactions: 66

For such an ardent social campaigner she really didn’t do any due diligence into Del Monte did she? It took me all off five minutes to find these two news reports of the company’s shady practices. Tropical fruit companies have a horrendous reputation historically for their behaviour. I’m surprised (not) that she doesn’t know this, or doesn’t care as long as they’re paying her.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 64
Just repeating what everyone else has said, but that Guardian article is vomit-inducing. I noticed there was no reference to Joan of Narc recovering from Covid, which you'd expect to have been mentioned even if only briefly, considering how topical it is :unsure:

Also, this bit made me HOOT (after howling and gnashing in disbelief)

Screenshot_20210116_103920.jpg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 69
Absolutely fuming about the ‘feral’ foster children comment.
Let me tell you it from us ‘feral’s point of view. In care more than once a year from being a baby, first actual memory was sitting at the breakfast table and been given the rind off the bacon instead of the actual bacon as it was ‘tastier’. Then there were the 3 actual children at another place who punched me each morning on the way to school, I was 5. The woman who wouldn’t let us play with the games as they belonged to her granddaughters who we had to say welcome to and make them a drink every time they entered the house. The stay in the children’s home where an older girl said if I mentioned my mum, this was a week or two after my dad had died, she would stab me. Then the sexual abuse from the older son of my favourite foster parent. But we were ‘feral’ so didn’t count.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 144

For such an ardent social campaigner she really didn’t do any due diligence into Del Monte did she? It took me all off five minutes to find these two news reports of the company’s shady practices. Tropical fruit companies have a horrendous reputation historically for their behaviour. I’m surprised (not) that she doesn’t know this, or doesn’t care as long as they’re paying her.
Not British kids tough, innit?

• Angry
Reactions: 24
Oh, and her casual 'pronouns don't matter because children are starving' tit is actually incredibly offensive and not the light-hearted brush off she (likely) intended. Jack's support of the trans community is one of the few things I like about her, but I really wish she'd chosen her words better here. Pronouns are very important to some trans people, and the absolute bleeping privilege of saying they don't matter to you, and suggesting if they do you don't care about starving children? Ugh.

Of course the Guardian lapped it up cos they are peak TERFiness innit.
that bit rubbed me up the wrong way, too. such a weird tangent to go off on - confirm your pronouns and that’s that.

I feel like saying you don’t care afterwards just gives people ‘artistic license’ to not make the effort?

(Sorry if this makes 0 sense, think I’ve finally hit the lockdown exhaustion wall and I’m grunka’d out 🥵)

Reactions: 37
Just repeating what everyone else has said, but that Guardian article is vomit-inducing. I noticed there was no reference to Joan of Narc recovering from Covid, which you'd expect to have been mentioned even if only briefly, considering how topical it is :unsure:

Also, this bit made me HOOT (after howling and gnashing in disbelief)

View attachment 386441
I know it’s too early in the thread but ‘Joan of Narc’ HAS to be nominated for a thread title.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 109
Louisa Compton's linking to a different Guardian article and chose to use this pull quote.

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 11.04.38.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 104
Have caught up on this thread as still can't see the attachments for the last three. I will read them some other time.

I've seen a couple of references to rent payments bouncing, which thread/page is this in please/what's the story?

@Fruitjack I have been you 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm not a UK frau. I get bills sent in envelopes...but the direct debits come out of my account whether or not I open them or not. 🤷🏼‍♀️ It doesn't make the slightest bit of difference FFS!
Another thing that makes no sense - once you move into a property you’ve got a few stressful days of moving everything across, but that’s it? Everything else ticks over by itself, tbh if she’s not moving tariffs/providers regularly she’s probably spending more than she needs to if anything?! 🥴

Reactions: 31
Luckily the Guardian couldn't go any further down in my estimation or I might be disappointed. Sad that I used to read it daily. It's a pathetic joke of an article and it reads as though JM has written it in collaboration with a squiggle. It's literally been churned out with no critical thought applied or basic fact checking whatsoever. Why doesn't the author question why this grifter is the mouthpiece of poverty with experiences almost a decade out of date? I repeat, she does not rely on FSM or food hampers. What would it take for her to become irrelevant?

It's interesting what the article doesn't mention - Patreons, tip jar, Del Monte, Daily Express, covid, £20 slop shops, tattle.

It's patronising as duck as well. Painting her as a poor little victim.

I agree this should have been a piece on Roadside Mum. But then that might have taken Zoe more than twenty minutes to bang out 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I read it cause I'm a twit.

'She is the living embodiment of the suffering that fiscal tightening causes'

Jack Monroe? Jack Monroe who watched the Brexit results from the bleeping Groucho? That Jack Monroe?

Right. Living embodiment. Ok.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Have caught up on this thread as still can't see the attachments for the last three. I will read them some other time.

I've seen a couple of references to rent payments bouncing, which thread/page is this in please/what's the story?

@Fruitjack I have been you 😂😂😂
Jack said her rent bounced. She later said it had bounced on each of the last six months, but I think that one was (shock) deleted.

1610795792889.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.