Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just thread #132 has attachments missing, will fix on Monday (hopefully). Although after spending hours today fixing it I feel like tuna in a money bag. 😶

Unfortunately the wiki was reverted back to the last update when it was on Monday morning. So sorry but changes made mon -thurs afternoon have been lost. Hopefully it wasn't much and can be added back in?
I think we have to add back @HarderFaster's summary from one of the last threads into the wiki? Jack time is fluid but I feel that happened at some point since Monday!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
And here is the only thing worse than the £20 a week shop...... the £10 a week shop.
Honestly, it's all bullshit. It's been bullshit for 11 years. She had her open house sale in summer 2012. I've pointed out before her own discrepancies about what was sold and when. Either way, a couple of months later she was living in a cheaper place. Spending a tenner a week on food but she could afford to keep two cats? She ran out to buy paint as soon as she moved? From a loving family, has gone on and on about how warm and hospitable they are, but she never asked them for help despite living in the same time? From a poor background but too embarrassed to tell her poor parents she was poor?

She's a liar. It's not even "oh she was poor then later became a liar" - she's always been a lying grifter.

Screenshot_20210113-222954_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Honestly, it's all bullshit. It's been bullshit for 11 years. She had her open house sale in summer 2012. I've pointed out before her own discrepancies about what was sold and when. Either way, a couple of months later she was living in a cheaper place. Spending a tenner a week on food but she could afford to keep two cats? She ran out to buy paint as soon as she moved? From a loving family, has gone on and on about how warm and hospitable they are, but she never asked them for help despite living in the same time? From a poor background but too embarrassed to tell her poor parents she was poor?

She's a liar. It's not even "oh she was poor then later became a liar" - she's always been a lying grifter.

View attachment 385561
Hasn’t she also gone on, fairly recently, about never being able to paint the walls? Yet here she’s aubergine and orange - hardly subtle colours you’d think an exception might be allowed for!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Hasn’t she also gone on, fairly recently, about never being able to paint the walls? Yet here she’s aubergine and orange - hardly subtle colours you’d think an exception might be allowed for!
She's gone on about not being able to paint her front door, which is fairly specific and also B-O-O H-O-O.

View attachment 385561
Royal Mews? Sounds so posh I looked it up. It's one street away from the Esplanade. Sounds absolutely hellish, yah?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Apologies if this has been covered, but subsequent to her recent follows for Jeremy Corbyn and Hugh F-W, she really is covering all the bases now.

1610735583759.png

In more inconsequential Twitter news, Kirsty (unusually) has joined Laura in deactivating their accounts. Please don't burst my bubble and tell me they haven't been moved to a safe location by The Scotsman, and are deciding to go to print with a joint article. Unlikely, but the perfect time for an exposé.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
And here is the only thing worse than the £20 a week shop...... the £10 a week shop.
So they were either starving and frozen, or really living rather well on £10?? Like if it was tit, which I’m sure it would have been if it was true, then say it’s tit. Why is she pretending at that stage that it’s totally doable and that they’re living like kings? She even said that they’re “healthier”.

To be 1000% clear - I do not think it’s ok or fair or right that an adult and child should, or can, realistically live on £10 a week for food, it’s not something anyone should be doing in the long term at all.

The problem is that I don’t believe it. The timeline is getting even more messy looking at these archives, and it doesn’t add up, the length of time and the poverty since.

In one of her blogs I swear she was dating and having someone living with her around this time, too. Everything she says is part of the grift.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Was life financially hard for your family or were you comfortably off?
I was never aware until I was an adult how financially difficult my childhood had been. Quite often, my parents didn’t eat dinner with us, and it took me being a parent to realise that’s because they didn’t have any.
Oh my bleeping life!

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
I’m sure I remember reading something about her parents having set a foster child up in their own rented flat with stuff like white goods. I don’t have a receipt as it was way pre-me discovering tattle, but I remember assuming they’d done the same for her (and their other kids of appropriate age) and she was just neglecting to mention it.
That's actually really nice of her parents, if that was the case. Had to be pretty expensive, but honestly I'd do the same for my kids if I had the cash. Though if anything it makes me angrier at Jack lmao

Was life financially hard for your family or were you comfortably off?
I was never aware until I was an adult how financially difficult my childhood had been. Quite often, my parents didn’t eat dinner with us, and it took me being a parent to realise that’s because they didn’t have any.
Oh my bleeping life!
What is this utter nonsense??? Her dad was a landlord, 5-bed house, moved multiple times, come on!!

View attachment 385561
could it be that once she actually made .... wholesome content?

Reactions: 34
Apologies if this has been covered, but subsequent to her recent follows for Jeremy Corbyn and Hugh F-W, she really is covering all the bases now.

View attachment 385501

In more inconsequential Twitter news, Kirsty (unusually) has joined Laura in deactivating their accounts. Please don't burst my bubble and tell me they haven't been moved to a safe location by The Scotsman, and are deciding to go to print with a joint article. Unlikely, but the perfect time for an exposé.

I wouldn't worry overly about it - Kirsty deactivates from time to time, and it seems like ScotPol twitter had yet another f8cked up, horribly misogynistic day today 🙃

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.