Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, and the thing which has always stood out for me in her tale of living in a cold, empty flat was the time she wrote about the Christmas she spent drinking Strong Brew (or whatever). Apparently her poverty was so severe she sent SB to his dad's (surely a fairly normal ocurrance at Christmas time) and therefore was alone on Christmas Day. Why would she not be invited round to her parents' house??
Interesting- on the blog she spent Christmas 2012 at her parents and they replaced her sold telly. https://web.archive.org/web/20130202005503/http://agirlcalledjack.com/2012/12/25/christmas-day-2012/
0F5AEC75-BC42-4801-93AB-B7C644FEC188.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Honestly, it's all bullshit. It's been bullshit for 11 years. She had her open house sale in summer 2012. I've pointed out before her own discrepancies about what was sold and when. Either way, a couple of months later she was living in a cheaper place. Spending a tenner a week on food but she could afford to keep two cats? She ran out to buy paint as soon as she moved? From a loving family, has gone on and on about how warm and hospitable they are, but she never asked them for help despite living in the same time? From a poor background but too embarrassed to tell her poor parents she was poor?

She's a liar. It's not even "oh she was poor then later became a liar" - she's always been a lying grifter.

View attachment 385561
I'd love one of her siblings to do a Mary Trump and set the facts straight.

Her poor parents how do they stand being painted so poorly? It's bordering slanderous, honestly. And so cruel.

Oh and don't get me started on my SBs father is just WONDERFUL........BUT I also had to be a SEX WORKER so duck OFF

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Firstly, checks of my previous post (too late to 🥕 ) revealed that my phone had changed “to” to “too”. Levels of mortification have therefore been high in the tunnel household.

Secondly, WTAF is she still doing up bashing away on twitter, criticising large salaries? She sounds like a child who doesn’t understand why the boss earns more than mummy or daddy.

My sympathy for her waned a while back after some very astute posts, but there is going to be an awful period after this and it will not be pleasant to see. Maybe those who are close think this is what she truly wants to be doing and it is benefitting society in some way and that is why they are letting it go on. But for her sake, it needs to stop. She is now making no sense and her M.O. has become lost in a sea of false promises and directionless campaigns.

Talking of coffee, off to make mine in a cup that says COFFEE on the side in big, black letters.

side note: I’m not, the cup came from Tesco.
She is really showing herself up for her immaturity and poor grasp of facts, and TBH she comes across as quite stupid.
Plus, she could do to dial back the angry, howling, shouting, wailing references, she’s like a madwoman out of a Victorian gothic novel. She needs to calm down and grow up or no one will take her seriously.
I think she must be absolutely raging that she wasn’t asked to join the rather long line of signatories to that letter which Marcus tweeted. After all, he asked THAT MAN. And also Tom Kerridge. Wasn’t Jack supposed to be working closely with Marcus and Tom Kerridge behind the scenes, all very top secret (🙄)? In which case why was she left off the letter? I think it’s clear that either she’s lying, or if she is in fact working with them (doubtful), her contribution is minimal, ineffectual and useless.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Just thread #132 has attachments missing, will fix on Monday (hopefully). Although after spending hours today fixing it I feel like tuna in a money bag. 😶

Unfortunately the wiki was reverted back to the last backup when it was on Monday morning. So sorry but changes made mon -thurs afternoon have been lost. Hopefully it wasn't much and can be added back in?
I've updated the wiki. Again. I'm so tired.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Just thread #132 has attachments missing, will fix on Monday (hopefully). Although after spending hours today fixing it I feel like tuna in a money bag. 😶

Unfortunately the wiki was reverted back to the last backup when it was on Monday morning. So sorry but changes made mon -thurs afternoon have been lost. Hopefully it wasn't much and can be added back in?
Thank space you

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Ah Peeky Mink, such long ago memories..(about 4 months actually)
Also just wanted to add that although it is utterly wonderful we have the lovely @Peeky_Mink amongst us, I do clench a little every time you post!!!!
@Veronicaaa uncovering peeky mink was one of my favourite moments ever in the history of these threads. I was hungover and in bed with a coffee and watching it unfold was both hilarious and THRILLING

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I wouldn't worry overly about it - Kirsty deactivates from time to time, and it seems like ScotPol twitter had yet another f8cked up, horribly misogynistic day today 🙃

Oh no, I hope they haven't been receiving awful emails from that Peter C. account - looked like a nasty piece of work. Is their other account a Porsche?

1610739022668.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I’m waiting for the flying monkeys to tag her in RM’s thread. No-one has so far.

Reactions: 21
Honestly me when I used to use cheat codes on the Sims and wonder what to spend my 1,000,000,000,000 simoleans on. Which was essentially the equivalent of Cotswold sideboards, microscopes and sentient mirrors.
And the pool, 3 gardens, orchard and massive kitchen. 🍾🍸I might have to get the game fired up and build Monroe Manor 👸🏽

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.