Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm from Sussex šŸ”ŗ and I can't hear any difference between Jack and young middle class women here. I think the middle class sound the same across most of the south.
Same babe
Iā€™m originally from Kent and even went to a grammar school šŸ”ŗ she has a very familiar accent

Reactions: 22
Please don't let her read this, please don't let her read this. šŸ™šŸ»

I don't think I could cope with her subjecting us to a charity single. Which would be, no doubt, written, produced and performed by Jackie who might let some of her celebrity friends join in the chorus. šŸ˜‚ Cos she's a maverick founder, isn't she.
It wouldn't happen-producing a track is a thorough job- she would not follow through with the release and in the very unlikely event it happened, sadly the coven would be the only customers but for all the wrong reasons.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Oooh, I love it when someone finds the light!!
Tell us, how the hell did you bite your tongue for a year? Do you get road rage type thoughts when a friend or loved one goes on about how wonderful she is?
And, of course...tell us your origin story, how did you find us?
(also, Wilkommen)
Iā€™m lucky in that my boyfriend brought her to my attention (he read a glowing thread on twitter before seeking out the alt-story) and so I have him to whinge at. Itā€™s the Patreon stuff that really wound us up though - itā€™s so unbelievable how someone can cash in like this. So...at the start of the week, he said ā€˜see the grifter is at it againā€™ - and I googled ā€˜Jack Monroe Grifterā€™ and tadaaaaaa - the first result was Tattle!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Whatā€™s baffling? She does have an Essex accent (Iā€™m an Essex girl too šŸ”ŗ) but her accent isnā€™t coarse. My point was she always massively exaggerates her hardship, in this case by suggesting her accent (and working class background, tattoos and sexuality) is unpalatable to people/mainstream media and stops her from being taken seriously.

And the vast majority of white working class English people just would never use ā€œMamaā€ because itā€™s either considered too posh/try hard, or like baby talk. You know what the Brits are like about class šŸ˜„
Ah sorry, I mean the use of "mama" was baffling, not her accent in itself! I agree that she sounds (to my cloth ears at least) like plenty of people who are well-established in the public eye šŸ¤·

Reactions: 23
Thread suggestion:

Jack monroe- lies about calling prime minister boris Johnson a liar in bbc interview

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
FE3A0276-2309-411E-A058-433722FA892F.jpeg

Is this anything? Iā€™m so tired.

ETA Iā€™m so tired of it all.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Hallo mein Fraus und Herren,

I have been lurking for an age and thought I would pop up and say hi. I used to follow Jack but never paid much attention, and because I donā€™t spend my life on Twitter (Iā€™m BUSY) I didnā€™t see a lot of the bullshit. Shortly after the plague hit I saw some replies about the Kickstarter and googled it, this site came up and I cannot BELIEVE the tit sheā€™s been getting away with. I bought it hook, line and sinker and Iā€™m just glad I never sent her any money. I made an account so I could look at screenshots (lol) and stayed because you bunch of ninnies are funny as duck.

Also I ate cheese the other day with my lunch so would like to be excused from the enquiry about the lurking vegan Twitter troll mā€™lud.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 99
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.