Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's actually really nice of her parents, if that was the case. Had to be pretty expensive, but honestly I'd do the same for my kids if I had the cash. Though if anything it makes me angrier at Jack lmao

What is this utter nonsense??? Her dad was a landlord, 5-bed house, moved multiple times, come on!!
I obviously don’t know her parents IRL but everything I’ve ever read about them makes them sound the opposite of people who would leave Jack to live like she claims she did. They also seem like the type of people who would notice large items of furniture suddenly disappearing from her flat, her selling her possession, it being so cold they needed 75 layers etc even for her claims that she didn’t tell them so they didn’t know.

Reactions: 42
I just did a chaos and need some advice.

My tea finished cooking and I took it out of the oven and pulled the knob off by accident. I then dropped a chip on the floor. Then I went to put some sauce on my chips, didn't shake the bottle properly and got the awful watery stuff all over everything.

I've shoved the knob back on and am hoping by forgetting about it the oven will work next time.

Do I howl and wail and screech on the floor, or act like a banshee on twitter contacting Heinz, whoever makes my oven and Sainsburys for selling me an oven glove which resulted in a lack of dexerity? Maybe McCains too for their unruly chips.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I obviously don’t know her parents IRL but everything I’ve ever read about them makes them sound the opposite of people who would leave Jack to live like she claims she did. They also seem like the type of people who would notice large items of furniture suddenly disappearing from her flat, her selling her possession, it being so cold they needed 75 layers etc.
I agree, and the thing which has always stood out for me in her tale of living in a cold, empty flat was the time she wrote about the Christmas she spent drinking Strong Brew (or whatever). Apparently her poverty was so severe she sent SB to his dad's (surely a fairly normal ocurrance at Christmas time) and therefore was alone on Christmas Day. Why would she not be invited round to her parents' house??

Reactions: 59
She’s minted, innit .... She’s so wealthy she can afford to fill the house with useless tit she buys on a whim..
Honestly me when I used to use cheat codes on the Sims and wonder what to spend my 1,000,000,000,000 simoleans on. Which was essentially the equivalent of Cotswold sideboards, microscopes and sentient mirrors.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
No business what happened to the tenner guesthouse. I was looking forward to visiting after pandemic.
If this is one of her lies! I was looking forward to treating myself and staying 3 and a half days. I only pay myself the living wage you see the rest I buy fur coats and fake degrees
can we have fur coats and fake degrees in the next thread title?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I agree, and the thing which has always stood out for me in her tale of living in a cold, empty flat was the time she wrote about the Christmas she spent drinking Strong Brew (or whatever). Apparently her poverty was so severe she sent SB to his dad's (surely a fairly normal ocurrance at Christmas time) and therefore was alone on Christmas Day. Why would she not be invited round to her parents' house??
Knowing her she probably did get invited, but found it was a lot more interesting to decline the invitation and spend christmas cold and alone as it made a better blog post...

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Forgot to quote the relevant article, but friends at 24 who are wealthy enough to lend you money towards a rental deposit? Just say your parents paid it to keep you out of their worst nightmare - council housing!

Why does she feel the need to justify “only” having a 2 bed at 24? Her upbringing / value system is very..... Tory

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Was life financially hard for your family or were you comfortably off?
I was never aware until I was an adult how financially difficult my childhood had been. Quite often, my parents didn’t eat dinner with us, and it took me being a parent to realise that’s because they didn’t have any.
Oh my bleeping life!
Drive around in a land rover, took Jack to ballet lessons yet couldn't afford to eat. Get to duck!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
In another one of her billion interviews about The Poverty™️ She said she took her son to her parents’ house for Christmas because she knew it would be warm and cozy, and he’d get presents. How many poverty Christmases were there Tiny Tim?

Ooh! Just remembered that in her first ever interview as Jackie, she’s said something about doing the interview for the cash (I think about £250), so she could buy some presents and treats for her son for Christmas.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
When has she ever been polite, veiled horribleness is still being horrible at least yet man said how it is, even if he has hole views.

Reactions: 20
Her parents were registered foster carers there's NO WAY they wouldn't have noticed this as a safeguarding issue- even back in 2011-2012 isn. Her whole back story seems to reference things that might only have happened in this was in like the 80s.

I'm not saying she hasn't had hard times- like many people - and she have to script and scrape for a season. But she acts like she raised SB in 1950s early welfare state period, and that the workhouse had just been shut. (Maybe she watches too much Call the Midwife?)

If it did happen like this then a) her parents are crap foster carers and shouldn't;t be in charge of vulnerable children if they would let their own grandson round the corner freeze and starve. ( I doubt it).

or B) she had a major estrangement (flounce!) from her family after quitting her relatively good paid job and went 'IM FINE" and refused all offers of help to prove something (chuff knows what)

• Heart
Reactions: 50
So...he does acknowledge people on Twitter. He just elects not to acknowledge the Grifter.

Wise chap.

1610738902338.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
In another one of her billion interviews about The Poverty™️ She said she took her son to her parents’ house for Christmas because she knew it would be warm and cozy, and he’d get presents.
How odd, spending Christmas with your family. She must have been really POOR!

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Forgot to quote the relevant article, but friends at 24 who are wealthy enough to lend you money towards a rental deposit? Just say your parents paid it to keep you out of their worst nightmare - council housing!

Why does she feel the need to justify “only” having a 2 bed at 24? Her upbringing / value system is very..... Tory
I would have been buzzing having a 2 bed at 24 honestly 🤪 Let alone Denby crockery and a fancy watch.

These blog archives are literally screaming how much of a bootstrapping, too posh for the welfare safety net lil smol Tory she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I think its shocking she puts all that rubbish on about how shes so tired and pics of her dino naps

Jack must make the parents she is campaigning for feel like tit, like they should be apologising to her because she is worn out on their behalf.

She might be tired but that's no ones fault but her own, no one ask her to do her vain twittering until daft o clock in the morning shes like a toddler that wont go to bed because they are too scared of missing out on something

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.