Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she'd done nothing about the people criticising her, this would have gone away. It was, at most, 5-10 initial threads with a few hundred likes. Compared to hundreds of tweets praising her with tens of thousands of likes.

Had she never name searched, had she never engaged with the mildest of dissent against her, this would have neber happened.

Walk away, Renée.
This has always been a problem for her, and should be her eventual downfall if there's any justice in the world. It's what led her to constant BTL spats in her Guardian days. It's what made her write massive defensive essays every time a Mail writer criticised her in passing. It's one of the reasons she fucked up DKL so badly - she was on live TV searching for criticism on Twitter.

Everyone in the public eye gets criticised. Surely one of the first lessons is either develop a thick skin or step out of the spotlight?

• Heart
Reactions: 48
388746-c95423e72932ea0da21523bb90534a47.png

Another genuine Twitter account in response to Laura's, "How do you say... butter?" comment last night ⚰

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 86
Gosh, that was a super chaos 😯 I give up trying to make head or tail of it all, but super gross that Mary Poppins cosplay was really some kinky little sex game 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
Wonder if her landlord sees her lying like this. I wouldn't want someone like jack living in my house. Why does she lie so much its exhausting. Surely social services must think it's an unstable home for SB being around that woman🙄
social services would not be on the least bit interested, case loads
are far too heavy, and Jack has access good support network that she utilises, and her son has stable relationships outside the home.

I'm a couple of years he may vote with his feet, who knows. Although I really don't think she is a bad a parent as she makes out

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Or sleeping in the back of a van for a couple of nights. Lots of misty eyed rhetoric about how the evil poshos didn't want her parked up outside the tennis club or on the seafront, so she had to go back to bedsits and couchsurfing in skips.
Well at Glastonbury, she slept in a tent, had to cook on a stove outside, and people pointed and gave her funny looks. Same lived experience, isn't it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Oh for duck’s sake!

Get blending that MAC face and body in front of the mirror babe , the lack of sleep means you probably look like you’ve just been dug up.
I almost empathise, as a woman who didn't start wearing makeup until she turned 30 and it was like a second puberty except I was suddenly into makeup and perfume instead of smoking fags and yelling at my parents. However you start off basic, ya don't trowel it on

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm of exactly the same view. As an aside I never saw a single one of my older relatives who actually fought or lost people in WW2 wear a poppy so the best tribute I can pay to them is to exercise my own freedom of choice.

EXCUSE ME! 1978 would make her a Gen X'r if you don't mind.
sorry that was a genuine mistake/lack of knowledge on my behalf, can’t even make a joke about it cos it’s a niche reference to someone on the F&D thread calling people in their 30s her elders but that’s defs not my vibe sorry xx

6 pages of chaos to read up on, there better be some uncooked eggs for my judgment x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Catching up again and just wanted to point out (though I am sure when I catch up it will have been said already) that before she had her son she was already in the Fire Service. It was that career that was progressing, she wanted to become a fully fledged firefighter instead of being a call handler. At least keep one story straight.

There was nothing stopping her joining the forces when she left school, there was certainly nothing stopping her joining the forces instead of the fire service. Was she considering leaving her well paid and career progressive job in the fire service to join up? I find that very hard to believe. She has never had any intention of joining up, it would be too physically demanding and I doubt her ability to just follow orders.
what was atopping her joining the forces was they didn't want her.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
sorry that was a genuine mistake/lack of knowledge on my behalf, can’t even make a joke about it cos it’s a niche reference to someone on the F&D thread calling people in their 30s her elders but that’s defs not my vibe sorry xx

6 pages of chaos to read up on, there better be some uncooked eggs for my judgment x
To be fair boomer is funnier.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Sorry but I'm still yet to see evidence of any actual abuse that's been directed at her? In fact pretty much all I'm seeing is countless people saying 'stop abusing her' 'the abuse she's received is vile'. What abuse? Obsessively searching your own name and finding it in untagged, valid commentaries does not constitute abuse. How about those supposed death threats, or have those tweets been deleted now because it was a blatant lie?

Once again, I will say it louder for the people at the back: HOLDING SOMEONE TO ACCOUNT IS NOT THE SAME AS TARGETED ABUSE. It's not 'piling on'. A true targeted pile on we have absolutely seen the likes of (three times now?), but they were orchestrated BY her, not at her. She is a hypocrite of the highest order and not cut out for any of this tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Well at Glastonbury, she slept in a tent, had to cook on a stove outside, and people pointed and gave her funny looks. Same lived experience, isn't it?
Only worse, because I'm trying not to laugh my arse off at this she wore a stab vest. Before Stormzy is 72 years old.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
If she'd done nothing about the people criticising her, this would have gone away. It was, at most, 5-10 initial threads with a few hundred likes. Compared to hundreds of tweets praising her with tens of thousands of likes.

Had she never name searched, had she never engaged with the mildest of dissent against her, this would have never happened.

Walk away, Renée.

*Edited multiple times to try and spell 'never' correctly. My god, autocarrot, it's not neber.
Sorry 🥺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.