Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God yeah she might jump on the traveller bandwagon. We are not too far from Dale Farm. She doesn’t want roadside mum to write as roadside mum is now more up to date and relevant. Which is a relief. Please write roadside mum. Pretty please.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
The rent thing is really odd. We all know it is definitely not due to not making enough money to pay it this year so it is either one or a combination of:

1 - Blatant tip jar rattling for all the new followers
2 - To make LC feel bad. After the Mary Poppins instagram find on LC's page, it is blindingly obvious the Mary Poppins cosplay was for her (and not SB, which was weird anyway). As that attention seeking approach didn't work she is now on a full blown guilt trip/making her look bad
3 - shockingly poor money management, maybe putting money into savings hoping more money would come through in time and not putting funds into the right account in time. As we all know JM is very careful with her wording to make it near impossible to catch her out in a direct lie so saying it bounced and not that she has been unable to pay her rent is definitely considered phrasing.
4. Pure lies. 6 months on the trot seems unlikely, after the first couple of times you would stop giving the bank free money in fees

It is also approaching the time the bungalow was spotted as being 'available'. There is no way that JM won't use that to spin into the narrative she wants other than her tenancy was up/she was planning on moving anyway.

I need to know why she cancelled a Sky tv appearance this morning? I wouldn't be surprised if she goes very quiet today so people start worrying about her. We've all seen the cycle many times over and it's probably next on the list for LC's attention if she really has LEFT again. Or she won't be able to stand it all being discussed without her and we are in for another day of chaos.
I kind of presumed sky had their attention drawn to all her chaos, plus probably saw a manic sleep deprived JM this morning (as she can’t have slept, that much must be true) and decided not to risk it.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Roadside mum has liked this 😂Bit of a dig at our maverick I’d say-let’s hope she does write something & blows Jack out of the water.
388687-573309a925872c85c692af1cc7316c9f.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
She's deleted something already! Someone asked her if Corbyn had replied to her and she said "Yes" but it's gone.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I've said before, I will be fuming if she does try and go anywhere near that bandwagon, but it will be easy to point out any lies and inconsistencies. The travelling community is fairly small and close-knit, even families that don't live anywhere near one another tend to know who each other are... 👀
I'd do my nut - and I know she'd block me - because I wouldn't be able to stop myself going after her on twitter!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I really hope she doesn't use the experiences of Travellers as her latest bandwagon. You know, digging out a distant relative as one. I wouldn't put it past her tbh.
But that's exactly what Jack is trying to do. She is positioning herself as the voice of poverty on the shoulders of a black 23 year old man from an impoverished background and a travelling community woman who needs food for her children. Why the duck no one else is offended by this (looking at you, Good Morning TV) is beyond me 🤔

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 78
But that's exactly what Jack is trying to do. She is positioning herself as the voice of poverty on the shoulders of a black 23 year old man from an impoverished background and a travelling community woman who needs food for her children. Why the duck no one else is offended by this (looking at you, Good Morning TV) is beyond me 🤔
Honestly this sums it up perfectly in one sentence. Her drive to centre herself in this is disgusting.

Reactions: 36
As much as I despise her centrist-corbyn flip flopping and revising of history I do wish this is what left twitter were actually focussing on and drawing attention to. How could she possibly defend herself??

• Heart
Reactions: 44
She’s deleted 10 or so tweets.
Think she's deleted her crappy clapbacks 'i'm not wealthy'; 'SB's dad works in a bakery actually'; etc. Possibly because everyone she did it to came back at her with pithy responses and she couldn't hack the #discourse.

Reactions: 40
Roadside mum has liked this 😂Bit of a dig at our maverick I’d say-let’s hope she does write something & blows Jack out of the water.
Excellent stuff! Has she even acknowledged the Povvo's Pwincess yet, or followed her? It's her story, she should be the one telling it - not letting Jack derail it.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
It's quite an amazing achievement to have so many disparate corners of twitter cancel you simultaneously. Impressive stuff, Jack!
I was thinking it's possible that Tories pissed off at being embarrassed over the food parcels debacle might be looking for someone to take it out on. Going after Marcus Rashford and Roadside Mum would just make a bad situation worse for them but it's easy enough to provoke The Peoples Urchin who is a mere bawhair off being the personification of one of those urban myths about beggars who are actually rich through begging outside M&S. This could end up an all directions pile on.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I'd do my nut - and I know she'd block me - because I wouldn't be able to stop myself going after her on twitter!
As a gypsy woman - I would find it very difficult to stay sat on my hands! 😬 (I would behave though, I'd miss it here too much)

Going back to the community being small though, wouldn't it be interesting if it turned out that I knew RM? 🤔😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
388712-15e28dc84c8c2031dc1c7c08bde1e9b7.png

This isn't a troll account, she has a number of followers and has been on Twitter for years. The person who liked this tweet is an author and works as a publishing consultant. Love to know that the literary world thinks of Jack (another Whatsapp group I want to be privy to)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 98
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.