Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stay strong Louisa, you can escape from this manipulation and in time she will turn her attention to someone else.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
CBA to go through the squiggling and Imgur upload rigmarole but her most recent liked tweet is from 10 minutes ago (she must have spent like 25+ of the last 36 hours on twitter) and says:
"Big love to @BootstrapCook who works harder than I ever have"
What kind of self insult is that?!?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Oh good she's cooked herself a delicious pig's testicle curry to get over the trauma of yesterday.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
I am delighted she's being called out like this.

It's richly deserved as she profits from performing these identities and will say anything in exchange for dopamine hits on twitter. It's left her completely exposed as the charlatan she is.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I really hope she doesn't use the experiences of Travellers as her latest bandwagon. You know, digging out a distant relative as one. I wouldn't put it past her tbh.
I wouldn't put massively exaggerating a fortnight in a sodding caravan past her tbh. If she does then she wants her arse booting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Think she's deleted her crappy clapbacks 'i'm not wealthy'; 'SB's dad works in a bakery actually'; etc. Possibly because everyone she did it to came back at her with pithy responses and she couldn't hack the #discourse.
Knew she would. And then it removes those awkward questions from her timeline so her followers don’t see them. She knows it raises questions in their minds even if they support her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Just seen Cold War Steve’s latest masterpiece on FSM on FB and one of the comments is ‘where’s Jack?’ 🙄
I love Cold War Steve (and buy most of his merch to support him because I enjoy it so much). Very glad he's not including JM (yet) in things

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I wouldn't put massively exaggerating a fortnight in a sodding caravan tbh. If she does then she wants her arse booting.
Or sleeping in the back of a van for a couple of nights. Lots of misty eyed rhetoric about how the evil poshos didn't want her parked up outside the tennis club or on the seafront, so she had to go back to bedsits and couchsurfing in skips.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I know it's a bit mealy mouthed because poverty is a political issue, but this is really why it would be so much better for Jack if she steered clear from party politics. Which are by nature divisive. She can criticise policies, but should not expressly trash or align herself with a particular party/politician.

ETA: this situation was just so avoidable. Lesson: Twitter is not there to memorialise every thought that fleets across your maverick brain. And be careful what you say in interviews.
If she'd done nothing about the people criticising her, this would have gone away. It was, at most, 5-10 initial threads with a few hundred likes. Compared to hundreds of tweets praising her with tens of thousands of likes.

Had she never name searched, had she never engaged with the mildest of dissent against her, this would have never happened.

Walk away, Renée.

*Edited multiple times to try and spell 'never' correctly. My god, autocarrot, it's not neber.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.