Jack Monroe #132 Leader of the Slopposition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was a few times in 2020 wasn’t it?! I’m sure we had a couple of full deletions of every thing last year. Also the super private only can be seen by 250,000 people month 🙄
Four full mass deletes in 2020.

The media covered the first two times she quit for good, but only we covered it the third time 😂 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I cannot keep up. I’m bleeping furious with her. How the duck is she still dining out on being poor for a few weeks when her kid was little?
The only reason some of the famous people like her is because they’re upper class & have no idea of proper poverty. I’ve got friends praising her. People have no bloody idea. She’s riding on the coat tails of Rashford and trying to take all the credit. If it wasn’t for roadside mum, Jack would still be Mary Poppins.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
Please leave me alone 😭
I saw the channel 5 video again when I snooped at her twitter (still haven't had the sound on) - anyone else thinks it looks like a really bad deep fake, the high amount of views are probably ones just going what the duck is making this video look weird

• Haha
Reactions: 24
___704-5cec7d5c1c497d3c539eeff2929a8ce7.jpg

I don’t know anyone on Twitter who puts “left wing” in their bio. That’s not even an identity. You’re just left of something.

Love the bravery in bringing gender non-conformity mainstream. So brave she’s going without pronouns. Not even the coy 💜💛🖤🤍 non-binary flag. If she’s identifying differently or now thinks it’s nobody’s business (unlike every other personal detail) then whatever, but... ugh, just whatever.

And even now I feel like I’m being a bully or being crass for picking at a very personal thing! She uses all these identities to shield herself. It’s not as hot an issue as childhood abduction and subsequent trauma-induced selective mutism, but pretty hot.

Also, “Whoops, I’m an author! 🤷‍♂️ Howddit happen?” Alliteration over sense, again.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
A couple of amusing squigs in the comments under the Editor of the Canary’s Jack takedown:

___711-bd0b048febdf38e2fcef7009b81e3434.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 106
The one thing I am holding on to is each time this happens and plenty fall at her feet and few more people wake up to the truth. Hopefully one day soon she will be exposed or just slink away, get a stable job/ income and make all her social media private to family and friends only.

Reactions: 30
I'm not sure, but I know protected characteristics are one of the few areas freelancers have protection so I assumed authors had similar rights
Yes, I don’t know either, and in fact was not aware that freelancers had that protection.
I shall investigate (google).

Reactions: 16
I absolutely love him. It’s because he knows that it doesn’t matter to you who/why/how much on the ground. It’s that people are hungry = let’s fix it, doesn’t matter why or who or how much
Also, he's a professional football player, he knows how to focus and not let unimportant things distract you, how to commit time to reach the goals you have set and to work hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: 29
In all seriousness, was this afternoon's chaos to claw back the spotlight from Roadside Mum who I think was going on BBC breakfast and LBC? Because god forbid anyone else should encroach on JM's niche.

I thought she was going to have a nice relaxing afternoon with SB?

I have followed RM for a while. She was getting a lot of traction on tweets around the time of the first MR chaos which involved JM screeching about her powerfully moving piece "potatoes" and saying that she couldn't campaign because the topic gave her PTSD.

RM has been a really loyal follower of JM yet not once has JM boosted her or retweeted her. She only tags her grudgingly. I honestly think she's jealous as hell.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
So, can we all remember in the summer/previous threads when Monroe first started to mention the Rashford campaign and we were bellowing, pleading (virtually, with keyboards) with Rashford to avoid her like the plague, guessing as we did that she would just attempt to hijack the whole bleeping thing and then make it all about her..?

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Seriously stretching the definition of the word "game". What's wrong with Pictionary ffs?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.