Jack Monroe #132 Leader of the Slopposition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The far left are basically doing what the squiggles did to Jack's critics. That Man probably got a lot of those type of DMs

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Ah, I blocked her. Now at least I can choose when I read her bullshit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
For anyone new & browsing her dad is a landlord of at least 5 properties, I suspect his tenants will wonder why she’s eating out a bin x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
I'm flabbergasted at this bleep saying that she grew up in a two up two down. The absolute neck of it. She grew up in a 5 bed detached house, that was originally 3 bed but her parents spent £30000 extending. The house has been owned for a long, long time, at least since Jack was a toddler and probably before that.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
To add one more thing - last night her article for the Mirror/Independent was circulating. She had promised to donate the fee to the Magic Breakfast.

Normally when a writer donates their fee, there's a line in italics at the end of the article stating this.

I must have missed it...
The thing is, it's almost as if the outlet she's writing for should be made aware of this - otherwise, they're essentially aiding and abetting the lies/grift.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She's so bleeping clueless. Yes, let's make a more dangerous working environment for catering staff and potentially flout a multitude of health and safety laws. twit.
But by broadcasting this to the real world, not the twitter sphere, where she can delete, she demonstrated her total lack of knowledge regarding food hygiene, health and safety, to name but two. Which when you are touting yourself as a food writer is pretty serious mistake to make

Reactions: 37
I'm still catching up but probably going to skip a few pages because as much as Jack pissed me off nasty, often antisemitic (as can be seen in them bringing up Rachel Riley and Jack having the same lawyer as her because she was outspoken about Labour antisemitism), JC fanboys piss me off even more. I'm a lifelong Labour party member who was very supportive of Corbyn (and other leaders), who campaigned and defended him often (before anyone calls me a Tory or as a "Blairite" who was against him) but these people are a parasite to the left and often dogpile anyone with a different opinion. They do they exact same thing, only arguably worse, with JC as clueless squiggles do with Jack. This isn't a thread on JC so I'm not gonna say anything else but please- these people are not credible and are often really bleeping nasty. If you disagree the fair enough, but I honestly don't think homing in on this point is productive.

Anyway, back to loving to be angry at Jack. Sorry for my little rant. Just needed to get that off my chest.
Thank you for saying everything I wanted to say - seeing Jack Monroe everywhere will just make her dumbass live my head rent free, so I'm going to take a break from this site, however I will say this: Good Morning Britain on Twitter: "'It's a disgrace.' Anti-poverty campaigner @BootstrapCook reacts to the free school meals scandal after packages arrive with barely enough food. Jack tells @susannareid100 and @piersmorgan that she has been speaking to parents all night. Watch GMB 👉 https://tattle.life/threads/19920/ https://tattle.life/threads/19920/" / Twitter

Jack's been talking to parents. Marcus has reached to Chartwells *and* been speaking to the PM. Which one is more likely to make a difference?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Ah praying for someone to highlight some more of the issues, beyond the Corbyn stuff. Come on level headed lurkers, where you at 🙏

Reactions: 36
But she should be minted surely? She's had a fair few sponsored partnerships, DKL, and a depressed cookbook in the last 12 months. And this isn't even her best year.

Or was it tin cans this year?

Reactions: 27
This is what making a difference on food poverty looks like:

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Another disingenuous little sidestep from Monroe - her mum and dad probably did live in a two up two down early in their marriage but she sure as tit never did. Their home address is on Companies House for all to see and it’s on a street filled with half million pound properties (none of which have been extended to the same extent and so it’ll be worth even more). Why does she have such a problem admitting that she’s middle class? It’s glaringly obvious from her fan base that it wouldn’t affect her success in any way. The layers of lies must add so much stress that she could so easily avoid by being authentic for once in her life.
There's a picture of it available online. It aint small. Big side extension along with loft extension.
Also, as others have pointed out, wtf has house size got to do with it? Am sure Marcus lives in a huge house. afaik he's never once mentioned it

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.