Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Louisa is going to get it in the neck , either ChezShitty Bungalow or on the phone.
Haven't fully caught up so this may have been mentioned, but just seen a trailer for Channel 4 news and they are covering the food packages story tonight. Will be extremely interesting to see whether Jack is featured... :unsure:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
And he’s actually lived through it, not for a few months but for long periods of his childhood. He knows that aching hunger feeling and doesn’t want any other kid to feel that. He’s a credit to his mum and family.
Absolutely. His mum must be pleased and punch - and she should be proud of herself too cos she's obviously raised him right despite her own struggles.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
The lighting makes her look like Noel Fielding.

Her fans are acting like she's single-handedly ended poverty. All she does is tweet!

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Not mentioned it before, but my shielding food box was really good, plenty of fresh fruit and veg, cheese ham wholemeal bread, pasta, rice etc. Was asked if I had dietary requirements which were met. It was a really helpful and kept me going until I could get a home delivery slot, which as I was in the vulnerable group, I was able to get easily.

I have relatives that have young children that have received the FSM boxes, and they have been happy with them. Not particularly exciting, but kids can be fussy eaters and it is a difficult task to provide universally liked foods. I believe Salford's provision has been better than those pictured by Jack's followers.

I don't know if this is because in Salford we have received a better service, or if our expectations are lower, being as we are one of the most deprived areas of England. These are anecdotal stories, as are the ones where the food boxes are very poor.
It really does depend on which company are making them I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just speedily caught up. Wow she's horrendous today isn't she?! Definitely a big crash due though, after the high fades. If she is asked by anyone to actually help out and do something, no doubt then we'll get ailments/burnout Jack again. She can't commit to anything for long as we know, it's all for the highs and then she discards it.

Shame Marcus was busy today, as I doubt she'd have got the interviews she has.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
It's the quantity of what had been provided as much as anything, and the amount they are being paid to produce these boxes.

There is simply not enough food in them
That's the problem, exactly how much are they being paid to produce these boxes? Is it the government at fault for not providing enough money, or are the companies profiteering? Or is it more likely a bit of both?

Jack just likes screaming into the Twittersphere without actually doing any real work to find out facts. She thinks fact finding is asking people to DM her. She's a liability to the cause, certainly not an asset that's for sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
"I didn't ignore it" she says.

She had a flurry of Twitter activity last summer, when she promised to make a shopping basket/meal plan for school meal vouchers.

That never materialised.

Other than that, she has done nothing about this since the pandemic started. She spends more time facetuning herself, taking photos of her cat sleeping, and whining about trolls than she ever did campaigning.
just needed to share this again. Not for the Frauen and Herren with their perfect memory but for others. Sums it up nicely.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She definitely shows you what a good tantrum gets ya. Big toddler. I hope MR keeps up the good work

Reactions: 25
I have memories of having to check on my mum when she would have 'bed days' aka was very depressed and couldn't get out of bed. To this day she is still embarrassed about it and feels very guilty that I even saw her in that way.

There is no way anyone of sound mind would dress up a child parenting the parent as cute, whether it's bringing food, or checking a passed out parent is still breathing :mad:

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 86
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.