Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have memories of having to check on my mum when she would have 'bed days' aka was very depressed and couldn't get out of bed. To this day she is still embarrassed about it and feels very guilty that I even saw her in that way.

There is no way anyone of sound mind would dress up a child parenting the parent as cute, whether it's bringing food, or checking a passed out parent is still breathing :mad:
Yep. Solid weeks of my Mum in bed depressed, begging her to get up, feeling really lonely, wondering what was for dinner. Its not cute, Jack. Youre showing yourself to be a tit parent.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 77
Having a mean giggle at how awful her face looks when she doesn't have a filter on it. Someone who loves her (hmm) needs to tell her to stop spending the donated winter fuel allowances on filler top-ups.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
@heretoreaditall2019 sorry that happened to you.
Agree though, think we took the right action as no unnecessary attention was needed, I managed to edit, just, but forgot to say why I edited.

On topic, in short -

Jack Monroe is not poor any more. She does not represent the current poor or working class.
Jack Monroe has 350+ patreons paying her monthly as well as PayPal donations, 4 book deals in two years work circa 28k each plus royalties, and brand sponsorship from Del Monte and a Hellman’s collaboration as well as presenting Daily Kitchen live.
Her company was late to file accounts last year with Companies House
Last week she tweeted Rishi Sunday with a crying picture asking why she is #excludeduk for SEISS
She said she had covid on Christmas Day but went out and about looking at chip shops on Boxing Day and bought take away despite still having covid symptoms. A few days later she met relatives in a supermarket for a chat.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
She reminded me of someone and I couldn’t put my finger on it then it came to me .. She’s a young Marlene from Only Fools and Horses .

Is it just me?

I’ve just heard her on Radio 2, it tainted the stirring of my chilli if I’m honest.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
So she made him food but didn't sit with him whilst he ate it to even munch an orange or a sandwich. How kind he's been sitting in his own all day while she fats about paying devils advocate.

I mean isn't it advised by the school's to spend lots of time with your kid because we are living in tit times. I know he's ten and would rather play X box bur you know she could stick a film on or anything

• Sad
Reactions: 52
Good lord, check out the trout pout - it's rivalling the forgotten freezer fish 😂

View attachment 385691

I gave her about 60 seconds before I had to close it. She's just a terrible interviewee, you can tell how scared she is, and her voice is just awful. I actually have no problem with what she said, bar her (almost certainly) wanging on about herself for a bit - those food parcels are a disgrace.
Her lips are huge! She's starting to talk like Katie Price. But then, she did say she has "toothache" today so could just be swollen 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
all her stories about sb are directly centred around her and all the 'cute' ways he looks after her. Makes it sound like a really sad house for a kid to grow up in. And the way she writes about him also sounds like she's never been around a 10 year old in her life! Do 10 year olds really call their mums mama? Maybe mine is just a monster...I'm still trying to imagine her reaction if I were to walk downstairs now dressed as Mary Poppins :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Even when you consider the original poverty blog post, it wouldn't have been noticed had she not had the privilege of an upbringing that provided her an education. That education facilitated those words. The families she is now talking for are likely part of the poverty cycle and did not have the opportunity she did.

I know this because I was her. A middle class girl who had kids very young and was too stubborn and proud to accept help. But of course I had my education to eventually pull me out of it and am now very well off. I'd never position myself as an expert on true poverty because I have always had the safety net supportive wealthy parents and a good education.

Being broke can happen. But it's very different to being in the poverty trap. Some people have to fight twice as hard just to be ok. And yet she takes their voice and puts a Famous Five filter over it.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
She reminded me of someone and I couldn’t put my finger on it then it came to me .. She’s a young Marlene from Only Fools and Horses .

Is it just me?

I’ve just heard her on Radio 2, it tainted tbd stirring of my chilli .
Amazing, totally see it too...

And Radio 2, she's on Radio 2 now?? That's what, 3 interviews and 2 articles in one day? And all of them, I bet, with her 'story' injected into them. Well played Monroe, well played indeed - she's a complete fraud but, in this particular game she's playing and on this particular day, she'll go to bed tonight thinking job well done.

Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.