Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of the squiggles uploaded the clip of her. The sentient mirror obviously didn't provide any lighting

She mentioned the '8 figure salary' thing AGAIN. Really hope she has a credible source for that, as you can't delete footage :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I haven’t Grunka-ed - sorry if I’m repeating here but Jack really needs to use a dictionary! Do you think she just sees a long word and thinks she should insert it wherever? I am HOOTING at the idea of Jack using the word mendacious to describe OTHER PEOPLE.
Also: Christian values?? Completed it, mate!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
That LBC piece was a load of hot air. I really wish the left would stop using Jack as their acceptable face of poverty and actually speak to those who are currently affected. The same people kissing her arse on this matter are the same who would squeal if a white person was invited to talk about issues affecting black people (quite rightly) so why is Jack allowed to co-opt the space? She has no shame and will gladly snatch the mic, as demonstrated.
I know that it's kind of the whole point of these threads but - just the idea of a middle class, spoilt child who has managed to portray herself as the acceptable face of poverty in the eyes of the well-to-do, being granted a platform, celebrity and riches and who uses that advantage to shout and scream over the people she claims to help - It never becomes less deplorable or shocking.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Not to bang on the David Cameron thing....but now he's trending because this dumbass managed to link him to this whole thing. OUT OF NOWHERE!!!
Can she just go away?

• Wow
Reactions: 34
Good lord, check out the trout pout - it's rivalling the forgotten freezer fish 😂

View attachment 385691

I gave her about 60 seconds before I had to close it. She's just a terrible interviewee, you can tell how scared she is, and her voice is just awful. I actually have no problem with what she said, bar her (almost certainly) wanging on about herself for a bit - those food parcels are a disgrace.
For someone who has (had?) a home studio just to take photos of food, the lighting in that video is horrendous. Everyone knows you don't stand under the light.

Also all those squiggles saying theyve given Jack money just for retweeting and getting angry about someone else's photos makes me want to boke

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I googled her name and the school lunches she's not got that much of a mention.

Reactions: 18
LIGHTING! For the love of God.
What.. ?? Is that Jack Monroe , are you sure?? 🙀🙀🙀🙀, that’s not the minx draped over the Cotswold or in her £95 bodysuit or smugly showing off her tit trifle.
It makes her face fixing apps seem pointless when the real thing shows up on the telly.

I am shocked to the Apple core ( from her freezer scraps) .

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I am on a turbo-grunk and I just want to say I love you all. Seriously! You’re some of the funniest people I have ever (not) met.

A few comments:
I love the fact that Mary Sloppins appears on the page when i open tattle. What the hell was she thinking?
I wish she’d duck off and actually do something. The frequency of her tweets gives me anxiety.
Can you all absolutely get to duck now?
P.s Poor Marcus

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Hi Cabal I left Jack land for a bit, but she keeps randomly appearing on my Twitter homepage, and the rage is rising in me. There is literally nothing she won’t use to her advantage is there? She really is gunning to outshine Marcus.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
View attachment 385598

Who's that on the left though? 😂
She's so efficient at taking contact with media outlets and pushing her name to the front - what is it so far, Evening Standard, LBC and Pinknews all in the first day. - It's a full-on battle with Rashford for column inches and she's flexing all the muscle she has.

Edit: And the BBC.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I know that it's kind of the whole point of these threads but - just the idea of a middle class, spoilt child who has managed to portray herself as the acceptable face of poverty in the eyes of the well-to-do, being granted a platform, celebrity and riches and who uses that advantage to shout and scream over the people she claims to help - It never becomes less deplorable or shocking.
Precisely. She cannot lay claim to ever being a child who went hungry, cold , wore shoes too small or let themselves in at home because the parents weren’t there.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Ugh just watched the clip. I think everyone hates the sound of their own voices and cringe when they hear it back, but that’s a first for me, I had the same arse clenching cringe hearing her. Ugh 😑 she’s so nasal. Certainly not working class east end oik she likes to portray but certainly a voice for...mime

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Been thinking about MR.

What he's done is really fantastic and the thing is he doesn't NEED to do it. He's incredibly wealthy, set for life, has recognition and along with that a high media profile. People pay attention to what he says.

It feels like he does this because he genuinely does care and wants to help - and I think people respond to that.
He really does seem to care. He could've just donated a huge lump of cash and signed some photos.
He's in a meeting with the foodbox company, trying to make things work, not chuntering on Twitter. He turned up to a couple of schools/surestart centres/foodbanks and the joy on those little kids' faces to meet their hero was wonderful.
When he talks about his childhood he always says how lovely his Mum is and how hard she tried. When talking about his school he talks fondly about his teachers.
Jack is baffled as to why he's doing so well and she is not. She will genuinely be thinking she's the bollocks because of the telly/radio she did today. It won't occur to her that she was only drafted in as a rentagob because everyone else was busy.
Once Marcus (and his people) have got a plan together and he's finished his kicky ball thingy this evening, he'll be up front and centre in the campaign and no bugger will be asking Jack back.

**just wanted to say I loathe the phrase 'kicky ball' and only wrote it to be sarcastic.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
SO shakey... And no sodding sign of that estuary accent. She sounds like she's from Made in Chelsea 🤣

Now imagine that voice saying to a young Black British man
___680-c4e938895312a8134f63430b5d6a847b.png

Whilst dressed up like this
___692-3aaabbed69fa30e22c2e8606a13d1ba1.png

And then saying
___683-ed1bfb5ef6e99485bdeadbb8743174bf.png

___684-f3aa28f9780513673e15fa2f0d643d6c.png

about somebody else's image and experience.

Extra point for another AAVE moment whilst lying;
___686-55cde2976e810a047dce95664bc56079.png

___700-c1b40f4537dec21cfabb40dda07335f9.png

She's about as authentic and appropriate as Tim bleeping Westwood.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88
Good lord, check out the trout pout - it's rivalling the forgotten freezer fish 😂

View attachment 385691

I gave her about 60 seconds before I had to close it. She's just a terrible interviewee, you can tell how scared she is, and her voice is just awful. I actually have no problem with what she said, bar her (almost certainly) wanging on about herself for a bit - those food parcels are a disgrace.
I know she’s stood directly under a spot light but these lips are shocking, she looks like a literal catfish, hopefully she can spend a bit of the thousands she raked in today getting them sorted 🥰

Would have been lovely to get a family receiving FSM in front of any camera wouldn’t it. Scottish journo friends pls do a think piece on this? 🙏🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.