Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The fact JM changed her Twitter bio to basically a sales pitch to get work out of this, tells you all you need to know about this self-centred, fame-hungry, disgusting narc.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
Again Rashford shows clarity and class.
Oh look Jack. Marcus not only did not tell Chartwells to 'take his name out of their mouth' but he actually reached out to them.
Now it seems he's having a proper grown up conversation with them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 94
Run over to Mumsnet Jack .They are still brown nosing over you . It's so dangerous to say that people can live off so little how the hell can for example a single parent take maybe 2 or 3 small children on what could be expensive or unreliable public transport in a cold dark winter's night to walk about a supermarket in the hope you can pick up yellow stickered items .

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Not the gayness.
Not the tatts.
Not the accent.

It’s the lack of talent, a difficult personality and massive ego that is the cause of her not reaching the giddy heights of fame and a place at the table of power .

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
I used to work in a nursery and remember the long-life bread that was presumably supplied by a catering company. God knows what they put in it.
Bread which looks like this / with packaging like this lasting for 10 months? I can't get my head round that.

___211-d1f4954470b54b29a9681e0dc85e11a7.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Not mentioned it before, but my shielding food box was really good, plenty of fresh fruit and veg, cheese ham wholemeal bread, pasta, rice etc. Was asked if I had dietary requirements which were met. It was a really helpful and kept me going until I could get a home delivery slot, which as I was in the vulnerable group, I was able to get easily.

I have relatives that have young children that have received the FSM boxes, and they have been happy with them. Not particularly exciting, but kids can be fussy eaters and it is a difficult task to provide universally liked foods. I believe Salford's provision has been better than those pictured by Jack's followers.

I don't know if this is because in Salford we have received a better service, or if our expectations are lower, being as we are one of the most deprived areas of England. These are anecdotal stories, as are the ones where the food boxes are very poor.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
OMG, is she STILL happening! You're not getting the credit. It's been covered on a lot of media outlets with "investigations" pending. Times Radio only mentioned Angela Rayner.

I just don't understand what she wants
To make the biggest noise and commotion because she's lived it (eh?) and her opinion is the ONLY relevant one. No one else knows and she won't stop until they realise that. It must be awful living with her. I don't believe she switched off and did cuddly, story book Mum last night. One thing I've realised is that she is never wrong and never apologises. I recently realised this was the case with a very close family member and it makes it contact so difficult. For them, every conversation becomes a one-upmanship of woe.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I can see how it could last that long unopened, but not once air gets in. Sweet breads like hot cross buns and teacakes and stuff always go slightly longer, even opened, but that’s bonkers.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
___216-10097109cedac8ba4ab145e27718da63.jpg

Shared by a Scottish journalist. Not a blue ticker so I've squigged but they're bang on the money.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 159
I wonder if it grates on her when she reads Marcus' well thought-out tweets? Particularly when she sees the amount of engagement they're getting? 🤔 While she's capable of nothing more than shouting at everyone like a teenager having a strop.

Thing is, her behaviour will just piss people off. It's no way to communicate with others to get them to listen and understand your points. It's like when making a complaint to a company, most people know the best way isn't to go in all aggressive and abusive, shouting at their staff? No way to get anywhere. People won't want to engage with her, and rightly so.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
OK, just to get this straight, there used to be £30 of food vouchers, now there's not. Instead, families are sent a "hamper". The food is supposed to be 5 days lunches for a child, not 7 days worth of 3 meals.

The food catering companies will be tasked with providing the cheapest food, so per portion it will literally be pence per child per portion, which is why the hampers are so paltry. Am I right in thinking that this was never promised to be £30 worth of food? If so, it's a cost saving exercise from the government, as it's cheaper for a caterer to create these parcels than sending out £30 to each family in need. It's blindingly obvious some of these hampers are insufficient, and I'm not 100% what my point is to be honest.
Not £30 worth of food, no but the catering company is charging the school/government £30 for the 'hamper'. Obviously the company is going to make a profit otherwise what's the point. What is causing such outrage is the sheer amount of profit being made by the catering companies. Add the fact that they have furloughed most of their staff, they do seem to be raking it in during the pandemic unfortunately

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.