Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she's just not interested in doing recipes on youtube or igtv or anything that might be remotely useful. hell, I'm not even sure if she's that interested in her own awful slops.

the £20 shop, the dreadful recipes, the twitter "activism" are all just a means to an end. that being getting herself back in the "celebrity" world. back to (when these things happen again) book launches, the groucho, the bleeping squeaky lunches.

she's just not bothered about helping people. and she'll be beside herself that she's managed to insert herself and get on telly several times today
I've thought this for some time, now. She has no interest in food, it just happened to be the vehicle that launched her to fame.

She used to be quite a prolific recipe blogger and her Insta would be predominantly food pics. That hasn't been the case for some time.

Reactions: 43
Fraus Fraus I think I’ve found another grift
Whilst she’s been slowly working through her 600 email pictures and replying to each sender asking their permission to credit them, the papers have lifted the pictures off her twitter- and credited HER!!!!!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 63
Here we go! Was waiting for it. All about what a hard day she has had, how exhausted she is, about her makeup etc, etc. All about Jack!

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
Like the difference between her and MR is so profound just over the last few days.

The original poster shares the appalling picture of what's supposed to be 2 weeks of lunch.
- MR: retweets to amplify, immediately gets in contact with the provider of those meals and by literally the next morning has been in contact with them to get answers in a reasonable and calm fashion. On a day, no less, where he has a soccer match to play. Still took the time, doesn't get worked up or angry, just wants to try make the best of the situation and get some results.
- JM: replies to the original poster without retweeting. People ask her to amplify and she said she's working on something. That something turns out to be a RAEG filled twitter thread of all things, no credit to original owner of image but including a plea to journalists to contact her directly because it's her story (since deleted but screenshotted here). The next morning leaps on every and all opportunity for a bit of media time for more RAEG.

I will give her one thing, MR clearly doesn't want to get into blame games or flame wars whereas JM has no problem doing so, maybe she's providing a bit of public service by whipping up anger about it. In that more reasonable activists can get the job done in the background while she uses her large twitter following to draw attention to it. (And natch, lots of attention for herself).

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I know no one has dibs on the use of the English language but charlatan is a word I will often use here to describe Jack and she’s now using it.

It’s as if she reads here

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I truly believe Marcus Rashford will go on to even greater things, far beyond the football field (as amazing as his career there, is).

He feels to me like someone who can and will make a massive, positive difference, in the political arena. And it's so refreshing.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Any learned frau's who would be able to make an educated guess as to the value of all of the expensive looking equipment in this one photo?
I'm on a bit of a grunka, so don't know where this will land, but that really is the shittiest version of 'The Price Is Right'

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I mean... there are absolutely loads of food bloggers out there who seem to really know their stuff. I bet any one of them could come up with a decent menu on a budget.

Hell, I'm sure one of us could put together a weekly food plan together and it would be better than the crap she makes.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Any learned frau's who would be able to make an educated guess as to the value of all of the expensive looking equipment in this one photo?
I think she prob gets tax relief on a lot of the equipment, because they’re for her “work” (with which I assume you are familiar? 😉).

Nonetheless, it all makes her claims that her household must subsist on only £20 a week even more ludicrous than they already were.

Reactions: 28
Also, since I wasn't here for the original DKL, there's definitely a part of me that wants her to get another TV spot so we can do a watchalong.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Does anyone else think she’s going to go to bed tonight chortling “and needless to say I had the last laugh”?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I took alittle break then because I was sad.

I did some talking to my teacher friends about it and all of them of mentioned MR not her at all. 🤷

They don't don't I tattle or my opinion of her this was an off cut how's it going chat.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
JFC!
I was on the beach earlier 🔺️ aimlessly flicking through insta and up pops Mary Sloppins (excellent name!) I screen shot to share and find i have 2 while threads of chaos to catch up on.
She never. Ever. Ever. Stops.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Like the difference between her and MR is so profound just over the last few days.

The original poster shares the appalling picture of what's supposed to be 2 weeks of lunch.
- MR: retweets to amplify, immediately gets in contact with the provider of those meals and by literally the next morning has been in contact with them to get answers in a reasonable and calm fashion. On a day, no less, where he has a soccer match to play. Still took the time, doesn't get worked up or angry, just wants to try make the best of the situation and get some results.
- JM: replies to the original poster without retweeting. People ask her to amplify and she said she's working on something. That something turns out to be a RAEG filled twitter thread of all things, no credit to original owner of image but including a plea to journalists to contact her directly because it's her story (since deleted but screenshotted here). The next morning leaps on every and all opportunity for a bit of media time for more RAEG.

I will give her one thing, MR clearly doesn't want to get into blame games or flame wars whereas JM has no problem doing so, maybe she's providing a bit of public service by whipping up anger about it. In that more reasonable activists can get the job done in the background while she uses her large twitter following to draw attention to it. (And natch, lots of attention for herself).
It's ALL about taking out her own frustrations on someone. Marcus is all about finding a solution, Jack couldn't give a duck as long as she gets a scapegoat. Note that even after everyone from the prime minister down said the parcels were unacceptable she was STILL tweeting pictures. Why? That bit of the argument is over. Then she brings up David Cameron who resigned as PM in 2016 and is an irrelevance. The government have said the parcels will be brought back up to standard and Chartwells have agreed to this and published details on what the new boxes will be like. Now we need to wait and see if this happens and give them hell if it doesn't. Of course she also found time to screech about some Chartwell exec and imply corruption with duck all evidence. If she's got someone to demonise she's happy. A total clown and liability who revels in human misery. She's like a poverty vampire.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.