Jack Monroe #131 Mary Sloppins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
FFS Jack ! Read the room . If so many people are sending pictures of inadequate food boxes do you not think it's a bit crass to say how much your sb eats ( I really don't like bringing him up he deserves the privacy not put on twitter for likes ) while tonight people will know their child will be hungry and they have no support network

• Heart
Reactions: 32
She's on BBC news now.
Just watched. How did we go from something that was meant to replace the school lunches that children are obviously not getting to feeding the whole family for 10 days? Some of the offerings do look dire but it's always better to stick to the facts. Makes you seem credible.

___820-adb771584ed98ab452ebef187abbbb2f.png

You really don't want to see it, babe! 😜 And let's face it, you only got these interviews because eveyone else was actually working or home schooling their children.

___822-ddf652dd48c8871585c0652fb8efebd1.jpg

Is it possible to canonize yourself? Think she's just given herself a big shout out. 😜

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Grunka-ing sorry, but I'd have guesed that person in the screen grab was Joan Jett or Jessie J or Shirley from Eastenders with dark hair before I suggested JM.
She has no media awareness at all does she? Why place yourself in such bad lighting, in front of a vase of flowers and with a fake plant dangling to yourside. Why remove the octopus hook with the aprons? Trying to make it look starker, more like a cheap RENTED kitchen? This ☝truly is a working class cosplay attempt.

• Angry
Reactions: 42
My name is

My name is Lyra and I use lard 🤗.

It’s terrific for roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings and back in my youth I was given bread and dripping sandwiches with salt, sprinkled on white bread , I loved them😊.

Forgive me.

I’m surprised she hasn’t jumped on the terrible Magdalene Laundries scandal, absolutely heartbreaking but one bandwagon at a time eh Jack?
Don't get me wrong, I think lard has its place in the kitchen...I just don't believe that everything can be substituted for everything else, like a certain food expert does.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
duck the kids
duck off lousia
duck off custard recipe

Jack's gone viral

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Just watched. How did we go from something that was meant to replace the school lunches that children are obviously not getting to feeding the whole family for 10 days? Some of the offerings do look dire but it's always better to stick to the facts. Makes you seem credible.

View attachment 385851

You really don't want to see it, babe! 😜 And let's face it, you only got these interviews because eveyone else was actually working or home schooling their children.

View attachment 385853

Is it possible to canonize yourself? Think she's just given herself a big shout out. 😜
He calls her Mama? My spidey sense is tingling.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
just painful being on the TL today and seeing some of the lovely, sensible people I follow hype up this utter imbecile of a woman :sick:

• Sad
Reactions: 36
Jesus christ, she's accepting paypal donations with thanks now is she? How I dislike her.
It is akin to those (admittedly few) scammers that beg on the street, but have a home and receive benefits. I know this happens because I was on Market Street in Mcr last year and the "hungry and homeless" placard was in front of the guy who lives in the flat above me. He's not minted, but is certainly not homeless or hungry.

It is deception and gives those that think the street beggars are all scammers ammunition to use against those in real poverty.

She is walking a fine line, but up to now is canny enough to not explicitly say anything that is obvious deception, she just hints and alludes to her own poverty. I have said it before, one day she will overstep the mark and will be called out for her deception.

I don't know how she can live with herself, knowing that she is taking money off vulnerable people. She is no better than the con merchants and dodgy builders that scam old people of their pension.

If she is a Christian and believes in all that church stuff, she should be worried about where she'll end up.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
SB calls her mama didnt realise he was from Victorian england and or a crappy horror movie

Also did he duck

• Haha
Reactions: 41
If he did (and he didn’t), then it’s NOT BLOODY OKAY that a ten year old feels he has to look after an adult, Jack. Pull yourself together!
It shows what he'd choose instead of the proffered grated carrot, out of date salad and cooking bacon sandwich.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
How can she honestly take that donated money from the squiggle when the very topic she is supporting is hungry children. I just couldn't.

My mum always told me I'll gotten gains brings no happiness and I feel awful for thinking it but I hope it is the case.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.