Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long time lurker on these threads... Gina Martin has posted about #ThunderClap but put the wrong hashtag and spelled Jack's surname as Munroe - how dare she get the FOUNDERS name wrong :ROFLMAO: she'll be fumin

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 99
The funniest thing about the thundercunt is the explanation that it's to 'raise awareness of issues'. How very informative!

Seriously this is the most cringe thing she's done in ages in my opinion. Acting like a messiah 36 hours after tweeting a wholly unoriginal concept and sticking a hashtag on it. That's all she's ever desperate for though, a viral hashtag. It's why she was so insistent on people tagging #JackMonroesLockdownLarder ('so it doesn't get lost!'). She's not actually that fussed on helping people, she just wants her name up there for people to see.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
The reason she stopped trying to be an MP was because it was too hard.

I know 2 people who have stood as Labour candidates (neither won) and it is an unbelievably involved process.
You have to go to MP school (notthe actual name but you get my drift!) and it is full on.
They are taught how to stand, how to speak, body language etc Then they go through absolutely EVERYTHING about you. One girl had to contact the woman her husband had an affair with years earlier to warn her that she would be interviewed (and basically warned off from speaking to the papers)
You have to dedicate your life to it and this is before you are even selected as a candidate.
Oh and a whole new social media persona had to be created..

I'm pretty sure Jack wouldn't have gotten through the first week, let alone get to actually be voted in and all the hard work that follows.
lets be honest she doesnt get past the first week of most projects does she ?

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Cor, that was quite the grunk to start my day!
I’m only up to breakfast which is cornflakes with soya milk. Stay tuned for more 🔺

🥳👶 congratulations to @Ladderedtights on baby tights with smol toes and feets

So, she’s invented a hashtag. I used to work for an organisation which lobbied and campaigned (told you-🔺) so when there is an issue to change and campaign for, there is a load of boring old planning and researching that goes into it. Key individuals, supporters, grass roots supporters, fundraising, press packs, MP briefing packs. The social media campaign is the easy bit when you launch.
I’m sure the organizations she has piggybacked have already done some of this background (I really hope so) but let’s face it, what is the “ask” of the #ThunderingIdiotHashtag?
- Could the ask be written up as a change.org petition to seek debate in parliament?
- Could the ask be costed?
- MP replied to tweet/email and asks what you are proposing, how do you reply?

What Jack has done is the equivalent of invented a hilarious name for a shop and she thinks she’s Theo Paphitis.
She’s opening a hair salon called British Hairways except she’s not a hairdresser, she hasn’t rented a shop and she’s never ran a business.
Virtue signaling on a grand scale. And just look at how happy it’s made her.
Except the name she's invented isn't even good! The previous poster who said it sounded like a super-strain STD was totally spot on. Or just, like,loads of clapping? Really loud claps?

I actually was thinking about business names yesterday. If my name was Mary and I was an internet fitness instructor my youtube channel would be called Mary Queen of Squats.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
I'm still on a mini-grunk so forgive me if someone else has already mentioned it, but:

"Thank you for contacting us with your complaint about Del Monte Europe Ltd in association with Jack Monroe’s advertising.

We’ve assessed the ad you highlighted and, from the information we have, we think it likely to have breached the Advertising Codes (“the Codes”) that we administer. We are writing to let you know that we have taken steps to address this."

🙌

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Except the name she's invented isn't even good! The previous poster who said it sounded like a super-strain STD was totally spot on. Or just, like,loads of clapping? Really loud claps?

I actually was thinking about business names yesterday. If my name was Mary and I was an internet fitness instructor my youtube channel would be called Mary Queen of Squats.
She’s would have to be jack queen of the squits! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I'm still on a mini-grunk so forgive me if someone else has already mentioned it, but:

"Thank you for contacting us with your complaint about Del Monte Europe Ltd in association with Jack Monroe’s advertising.

We’ve assessed the ad you highlighted and, from the information we have, we think it likely to have breached the Advertising Codes (“the Codes”) that we administer. We are writing to let you know that we have taken steps to address this."

🙌
And if that wasn’t enough...

18327BA4-7D94-4EA6-BC9A-25B29ED47805.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
The way she's acting like its a job done already looool. Hun you've done one day of "shouting" on Twitter... that's all. Do you want a pat on the back?
Lol I know! She thinks she's like Marcus Rashford again except he did the thank yous when he got a POLICY U TURN

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Cool so people who broke lock down rules are now using their platform to rally for the NHS.

But then what do I expect from someone who witches about Brexit BUT SPOILT HER VOTE!?

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 58

🙌
Omg congrats on your precedent setting ad law victory and 100% success rate! An icon, thank you 🙏🏻 X

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
keeping a record of earworms? pie jesu! if you've got time for that, you've got time to SEND THE POSTCARDS JACK!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.